• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Ritari's 2nd Annual SportsHoopla Fantasy Hockey

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could be worse. You could be behind by 19 skater starts (likely 20+ by the end of the day) via three transactions this morning that directly netted three more starts.

Yup. Being a jerk all year gets you exactly what you deserve, which is no respect for the "rules" you want to impose on others. "Rules" which you said you understood during the playoffs anyway. Ooops.

It's alright. Despite being on vacation for the first five days of this challenge and Eloco making TEN moves to my none over that stretch...

It's 2012, dude... get a smartphone already. And pick up one of these while you're at it...

product_17.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't sweat it Mav. Everything I did was within the rules (I checked them), yet I still got booted from the league. So much for the rules.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't sweat it Mav. Everything I did was within the rules (I checked them), yet I still got booted from the league. So much for the rules.

You're smart enough to know what you were doing (or trying to do) and that it's as much a form of cheating as anything else could possibly be. How about we have a look at the PM's between you and a couple other league managers and everyone can judge for themselves? Let me just say, they'd be EXTREMELY telling...

Ultimately, you ended up disrespecting the league and the game in another way by dropping half of your team, so now we all know your true colors regardless.

:baby: So sorry to hear you got dropped, but you CLEARLY deserved it. :baby:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FREE ADVICE FOR ELOCO

Here's a novel idea...

1. Do your homework, show up at the draft. Pay close attention and get who you want, when you want them.

2. Dress your starters daily.

3. Do your homework to replace your injured players or those that aren't panning out with worthwhile free agents (for the long term, not one night).

That's how you genuinely enjoy success in fantasy leagues, not by having more starts than your opponent via swapping players.

Oh and BTM, notice I didn't add "PM your friends to make shady deals directly and/or indirectly with their teams" to that list.

I'm sorry to have to be the one to actually tell it like it is for a change. In general, I have no issues with the rest of you and wish you nothing but the best of luck in these leagues as well as future leagues, whether I am a part of them or not.

:peace2:

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twisting my words and in the process doing everything you can to cover up your blunder. There's a shocker. I have seen it done in the playoffs, but I never understand player swapping. It's a sorry, classless way to play fantasy. To make matters worse, you were gloating about doing it, which made you look like that much more of a "dick" as one other owner stated. He's right. It's a dick move, but you started it, so you might as well finish it eh? :puke:

I disagree. I think Saturn is probably the coolest planet. I mean, Jupiter is very large, which is interesting, and the storms look like they would be amazing to see on the surface (if you could live), but something about those rings just draws me in. They are amazing.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coming down to the last game, Ritari. There are essentially 3 categories in play: goals (I'm down 2), assists (I'm up 1), and STP (tied).

Good news: I have no real reason to play a goalie, as I only have one available, am down 2 wins and 143 saves, and the only way I'll lose the other two categories is if Ritari's goalies both post shutouts through overtime or both post shutouts with a combined 105-110 or so saves.

Bad news: I have 8 starts to his 10, and 5 forwards to his 9.

Badder news: I would have 3 more assists and an all-important STP (it's the tied category) had I remembered to set rosters on Friday.

Good news: I have the tiebreaker (reg. season h2h), so if a meteor hits the world and nobody plays hockey tomorrow, I win.

Bad news: I probably won't win. I have 2nd and 3rd liners for tomorrow. My hottest player on the ice tomorrow is KYLE FUCKING BRODZIAK. I have Umberger and Brassard, but they both had points in their last game which means they aren't due for more for 10 games, and Keith (suspended) and Seabrook are playing the Blues, who as we all know give out fewer goals a game than Patrick Kane gives out twenties for $18 cab fares.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're up 7-6 in League 2 Maverick. Should be a good battle this weekend. Good Luck.

It should be a good finish today. You need the shots category. I feel like that's your only out. You could also win via several goals or two outstanding performances in net, but that is far less likely.

I could easily add a bunch of players to seal the win, but you haven't done it to me, so I'm not doing it to you. This is the genuine, honest way to play it out anyway. You have a few more starters including Tavares, Getzlaf and Ryan, but I have an 8 shot edge and two prolific Russian snipers (Malkin vs. Kovalchuk) going head to head on my side. It could be extremely close.

I'm just annoyed that Vrbata has been injured basically three separate times in just the last week and a half. I keep having to add/drop him.

My team has slumped in both leagues this round as far as I'm concerned, but Malkin is still carrying me in this one. He was a steal at 8th overall. I regrettably have to hope he does it again for one more day.

Good luck to you as well.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. I think Saturn is probably the coolest planet. I mean, Jupiter is very large, which is interesting, and the storms look like they would be amazing to see on the surface (if you could live), but something about those rings just draws me in. They are amazing.

Good talk. :thumb:

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're smart enough to know what you were doing (or trying to do) and that it's as much a form of cheating as anything else could possibly be. How about we have a look at the PM's between you and a couple other league managers and everyone can judge for themselves? Let me just say, they'd be EXTREMELY telling...

Ultimately, you ended up disrespecting the league and the game in another way by dropping half of your team, so now we all know your true colors regardless.

:baby: So sorry to hear you got dropped, but you CLEARLY deserved it. :baby:

It's either against the rules or it isn't, and nothing I did was against league rules. other than "can't drop" list players, I can drop whoever I want any time I want. No rules against it. I can offer and ask for whoever I want in a trade. Nothing against it. The LM has the authority to view any moves and rule on them. Owners also have the right to veto any trade, and there were enough active owners to veto in both leagues as only 4 are needed to block a trade. Oh, and dropping 6 players isn't dropping "half" my team. Learn math. I have to laugh at you wanting to view my pm's with other owners. You're not just insulting me, but the other owners as well. As a matter of fact, your constant whining about trades and moves all year was disrespectful to the other owners involved as you've hinted at cheating from the beginning. There's nothing in the rules against contacting other owners privately to discuss trades. As a matter of fact, it gets the trades done much quicker (by days). "Extremely telling" lol. You act like you've uncovered Watergate. Oh, you don't even KNOW me so take your true colors and shove them, well, you know where. You're a very smart fella.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The least you could've done was pick your best roster, start them and roll them head to head vs. my best roster night after night. I would've been happy to oblige and even did for the first five days.

What have you done that would make me be polite to you and follow your rules? You've dogged me all year about one thing, even FAR after I wasn't doing it. And why on one page do you say you were on vacation for those 5 days, and then another you say you obliged me? Trying to swap out your vacation excuse for the morale high ground, eh? You sit in constant judgment of everyone else's moves that are all within the league rules or the bounds of a normal trade, and then tell everyone why your questionable activities are completely justified. Nobody cares.

As far as I'm concerned, you were forgiven for your mistakes earlier in the season as you had appeared to have learned from them and made the correction, but that wasn't enough for you and for whatever reason you remain pissed off about the whole debacle.

Thank goodness I was "forgiven" by you, the only person had a good draft and made smart free agent pick ups during the season. :rolleyes:

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It should be a good finish today. You need the shots category. I feel like that's your only out. You could also win via several goals or two outstanding performances in net, but that is far less likely.

I could easily add a bunch of players to seal the win, but you haven't done it to me, so I'm not doing it to you. This is the genuine, honest way to play it out anyway. You have a few more starters including Tavares, Getzlaf and Ryan, but I have an 8 shot edge and two prolific Russian snipers (Malkin vs. Kovalchuk) going head to head on my side. It could be extremely close.

I'm just annoyed that Vrbata has been injured basically three separate times in just the last week and a half. I keep having to add/drop him.

My team has slumped in both leagues this round as far as I'm concerned, but Malkin is still carrying me in this one. He was a steal at 8th overall. I regrettably have to hope he does it again for one more day.

Good luck to you as well.

The chances of winning for me aren't very good. I did add Gagner, Cooke & Kulikov. I don't think it will matter because Malkin will probably seal the goals category for you & a bunch of my players in the lineup today think pass first.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I lost two PPAs somehow, including both the assists and the STPs with them. I'm guessing the NHL did some corrections on scoring and as a result, I'm pretty boned.
Gogo Kyle Brodziak.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow - two very close matchups to go to the league finals here.

Mav pulled within 3 shots and took the lead in save percentage before a Florida surge gave me the category win for save percentage and my guys pushed the shot lead back to 9. Gonna be a close finish if Mav can get a few PP goals. Otherwise, it's over.

Meanwhile, it looks like assists (Rit up by just 1) and STP (tied) will determine the Vadered-Ritari matchup.

Some very close contests wrapping up this evening.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to Ritari! He is moving on to the finals.

Eloco-Mav matchup remains close since Mav has the tiebreaker. Mav has two players left for one period, Eloco has one left for one period. Mav is down by 3 shots and must win that category outright unless he adds a PP goal, so he needs to be 4 shots better this period. Gonna be super close.

I should have played Rinne tonight and none of this would matter. Oh well...