• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Ritari's 2nd Annual SportsHoopla Fantasy Hockey

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kasparaitiskrunchers.jpg

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good get by Catscrap picking up Brooks Laich. I wonder if half the league put in a waiver request for that one. I know I did.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good get by Catscrap picking up Brooks Laich. I wonder if half the league put in a waiver request for that one. I know I did.

I drafted Laich by mistake in League 2. If somebody wants him in a trade make me an offer. He's not going to get much playing time anyway.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brooks should be a solid player (especially compared to where he is typically drafted) and will get plenty of PP time. The fact that Perreault made the roster indicates to me Brooks is more laichly to be on the second line. I personally think he might even seen some time with Backstrom and OV on the top line as well.

League 1 members - I need a little more team diversity. Have Benn, Ott, and Eriksson all from Dallas. If someone has a similar problem and would like to trade for someone at Benn or Ott's level just to have guys skating on different nights, I'm open to it. I like their prospects, but I have guys on the actual bench b/c my forwards are too full some nights. Need to move one of them for a play on a team that I preferably don't have. PM me or send me a trade if you are in a similar predicament.

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brooks should be a solid player (especially compared to where he is typically drafted) and will get plenty of PP time. The fact that Perreault made the roster indicates to me Brooks is more laichly to be on the second line. I personally think he might even seen some time with Backstrom and OV on the top line as well.

He'll play everywhere because that's what BB likes to do

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

League 1 members - I need a little more team diversity. Have Benn, Ott, and Eriksson all from Dallas. If someone has a similar problem and would like to trade for someone at Benn or Ott's level just to have guys skating on different nights, I'm open to it. I like their prospects, but I have guys on the actual bench b/c my forwards are too full some nights. Need to move one of them for a play on a team that I preferably don't have. PM me or send me a trade if you are in a similar predicament.

Matt Cooke for Ott?

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have 3 Sabres in Roy, Stafford & Gerbe. So I have a similar problem. The thing is I already have Ryder on my team as well. Plus I really can't trade Stafford since he's the only player on my roster who scored at least 30 goals last season.

So if somebody is interested in Roy or Gerbe let me know or just make me an offer.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what do you think of my overhaul bolts :D

Not bad. I was in a similar situation last season. I missed the draft & had Henrik Sedin, Kreijci, Plekanec & not much else. I loaded up on the kids. Skinner, Couture, Ennis & others. I ended the season in 5th place overall. So don't give up. Also don't be afraid to trade your best player to bolster your lineup in other areas. I traded Sedin to Puck & it really helped both teams.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
League 1 Pre-Season Skater "Power Rankings"

VADERED DEBATERS (22) 83
BUFFALO SLUGS (22) 80
DC DOORMATS (21) 76
JOHNSTOWN JETS (23) 76
ICE ROAD TRUCKERS (23) 67
WICKED PISSAH (23) 62
MONSTER BALLARDS (21) 53
FINLAND'S FINEST (21) 53
BALTIMORE CRABS (23) 50
ISLE OF DOOM (22) 37
PHILLY PHAITHFUL (21) 33
FUZZY BUNNIES (21) 32

Got bored at the end of my day. Copied/pasted last year's stats and subbed in projections for rookies and those infirmed for more than 1/2 the season. Then ranked each team #1 to #12 in each category (so 12 points for #1 down to 1 point for #12) to come up with a total. The parentheses are the number of skaters (some teams with more goalies have fewer) which can skew the numbers.

Please note goalies are not included, so that's a whole 1/3 of the points not factored in. Also note the points skew the difference. For example, the lowest scoring team had328 goals while the highest had 429. Only about a 30% difference, but the top team gets 12 points and the lowest gets 1, much greater than 30%. And obviously guys will perform differently this year - younger guys, injured players, new teams, etc. might have a big jump, while others might tail off some. So my point is, take it all with a huge grain of salt.

I just thought it was interesting and we can look back at the end of the season and see how close it comes to reality.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
lol. the rule is, the reigning Champ starts the season with #1 power ranking
at least until someone beats him. :D

however... my goodness yes you were bored!

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

VADERED DEBATERS (22) 83
BUFFALO SLUGS (22) 80
DC DOORMATS (21) 76
JOHNSTOWN JETS (23) 76
WICKED PISSAH (23) 62
MONSTER BALLARDS (21) 53
FINLAND'S FINEST (21) 53
BALTIMORE CRABS (23) 50
ISLE OF DOOM (22) 37
PHILLY PHAITHFUL (21) 33
FUZZY BUNNIES (21) 32

Got bored at the end of my day. Copied/pasted last year's stats and subbed in projections for rookies and those infirmed for more than 1/2 the season. Then ranked each team #1 to #12 in each category (so 12 points for #1 down to 1 point for #12) to come up with a total. The parentheses are the number of skaters (some teams with more goalies have fewer) which can skew the numbers.

Please note goalies are not included, so that's a whole 1/3 of the points not factored in. Also note the points skew the difference. For example, the lowest scoring team had328 goals while the highest had 429. Only about a 30% difference, but the top team gets 12 points and the lowest gets 1, much greater than 30%. And obviously guys will perform differently this year - younger guys, injured players, new teams, etc. might have a big jump, while others might tail off some. So my point is, take it all with a huge grain of salt.

I just thought it was interesting and we can look back at the end of the season and see how close it comes to reality.

Cool. Why don't you do league 2 and see if I rank last there. I butchered that team also. I want to see if my long shots can do something.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. the rule is, the reigning Champ starts the season with #1 power ranking
at least until someone beats him. :D

however... my goodness yes you were bored!

Haha! Sorry to violate protocol. ;)

It only took about a buck 15. Gotta love Excel. It helped me learn where im weak and where im strong.

Beantown - i could do League 2, but i dont have access to it.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

VADERED DEBATERS (22) 83
BUFFALO SLUGS (22) 80
DC DOORMATS (21) 76
JOHNSTOWN JETS (23) 76
WICKED PISSAH (23) 62
MONSTER BALLARDS (21) 53
FINLAND'S FINEST (21) 53
BALTIMORE CRABS (23) 50
ISLE OF DOOM (22) 37
PHILLY PHAITHFUL (21) 33
FUZZY BUNNIES (21) 32

Wow!! I'm in deep doo doo!!:L: