• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Ritari's 2nd Annual SportsHoopla Fantasy Hockey

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The winner of each division get the byes. Last season Puck and I had the 2 best records but we were in the same division. I was the #3 seed while he was #1 seed. I say that extra week wore my players out and that's why I lost to puck in the finals :D

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
:first: :kk: :becky:

it's going to be tough to repeat with this roster though.
I need some guys to step up. and I made a mistake with my first pick.
I meant to take Lundqvist / Miller as my goalies, but missed, using my new playbook. :L

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For everyone that is in both leagues, your league 2 team SHOULD be stronger than your league 1 team. I say that for several reasons but mostly because I've been participating in these live drafts for years and in my opinion the second draft was by far the sloppiest, which means there was talent to be had throughout the draft for those who knew what to look for. In the first draft, it seemed more like everyone knew what they were doing from start to finish frankly. People were drafting talent left and right and there were no truly awful teams being formed.

I haven't really sat down and compared my teams (and I can't do it here at work), but I'm assuming that my league 2 team is stronger just due to the fact that I could draft who I wanted at will, while it was much more of a struggle in league 1.

I know I am absolutely STACKED with forwards in league 2 and I think that will bode well for me moving forward. I'm going to struggle with plus/minus in both leagues, but pile up the points big time. But, I'm willing to lose the plus/minus category in order to win four to six others.

I agree. League 1 one tougher to draft because just about everyone was their & they seemed to know exactly what they were doing. It was my first Fantasy Hockey draft so I think I did okay. There were several instances in which I had a player in the Que hoping to select, but he was off the board by the time I picked.

In League 2 there weren't as many people at the beginning & the Auto draft system took a lot of goalies & defenseman off the board. My League 2 team is much better at forward than League 1.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I meant to take Lundqvist / Miller as my goalies, but missed, using my new playbook. :L

So I have your playbook to thank for me getting Miller? Thanks!

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I feel your pain. During the League 2 draft I was set to take Tyler Myers & Mika Kiprusoff & I hit the wrong button in both instances. I ended up with Shawn Horcoff & Brooks Laich.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The winner of each division get the byes. Last season Puck and I had the 2 best records but we were in the same division. I was the #3 seed while he was #1 seed. I say that extra week wore my players out and that's why I lost to puck in the finals :D

Lol. Okay, cool - thanks.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forwards - See why you don't pick Giroux in the 2nd? He's still around in the third, and now you have Bobby Ryan with him. That's pretty solid. Actually, looking at your forwards, holy shit, you are pretty well off!

Defense - Shattenkirk I like but maybe not as high as it looks like you took him. Subban is a good points/PIMs guy, though again I don't like young defensemen too much.

Goalies - Fleury and Roloson I mentioned in the last post, Pavelec isn't that great a goalie but he's a decent third fantasy guy.

Thanks for the response on both teams. My 2nd team is probably a bit better. Hiller has looked good in the preseason. Hopefully vertigo stays away. By the time I took Pavelec in League 2 I was just hoping to get a starter.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my FH team

Joe Pavelski, SJ C
Brad Marchand Bos C
Ryan Callahan, NYR RW
Mikhail Grabovski, Tor C DTD
Lauri Korpikoski, Pho LW
Martin Erat, Nsh RW
Danny Briere, Phi C
Alex Ovechkin, Wsh LW
Dustin Brown, LA RW
Drew Doughty, LA D
Duncan Keith, Chi D
John Carlson, Wsh D
Ryan Suter, Nsh D
Andrej Meszaros, Phi D
Sergei Kostitsyn, Nsh LW
Zac Dalpe, Car C
Pekka Rinne, Nsh G
Jonathan Quick, LA G
Dan Girardi, NYR D
Steve Ott, Dal C
Sergei Bobrovsky, Phi G
Jonathan Bernier, LA G
Dan Hamhuis, Van D DTD
Robyn Regehr, Buf D
Bryan Little, Wpg C

first time live draft for me.. is it ok?

You're defense is really solid, as is your goaltending. Although I would have tried to get a 3rd starter. If you can keep up to date with when Bernier & Bob are going to play it won't matter though. You might have one or two defenseman too many. As the season gets going you'll be able to get a better read on it. I think you're going to win the +/- & penalty minute categories almost every week. My only concern would be your team seems a bit top heavy up front. Ovechkin & Briere need to have big years.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to see who is in League 2. I'm pretty sure League 1 is the following peeps by their SportsHoopla SN

EAST
Finland's Finest - Ritari
Wicked Pissah - BostonAJ
Monster Ballads - Puckhead
Buffalo Slugs - Catscrap
Ice Road Truckers - (Rit's dad)
Vadered Debaters - Vadered

WEST
DC Doormats - Eloco
Baltimore Crabs - Comeds
Philly Phaithful - PP48
Isle of Doom - DaBoltsNIsles
Johnstown Jets - Maverick
Fuzzy Bunnies - BeantownManiac

It's a good crew. Draft was fun. And with most of the league supporting either the Caps, Bruins, Flyers, or Sabres, we should have some good Eastern conference trash talking while Puckhead quietly destroys us from the Pacific time zone.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in the west in both leagues and with the same team name. Easy enough to follow...lol

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
200!

Mayzie1.gif