• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Ritari's 2nd Annual SportsHoopla Fantasy Hockey

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9-0 for skating categories. 1-3 in goalie categories, and that 1 will go away.

I think I know where my bread is buttered.

BostonAJ

They fucking won?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sorta confused about this whole thing. Am I supposed to change my lineup every day for whoever is or isn't playing? And how do I dump a player? Marc Savard is just gonna ride the pine all season.

In other words, what the hell is this fantasy hockey crap all about?

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorta confused about this whole thing. Am I supposed to change my lineup every day for whoever is or isn't playing? And how do I dump a player? Marc Savard is just gonna ride the pine all season.

In other words, what the hell is this fantasy hockey crap all about?

You do need to change your lineup day by day, but that doesn't mean you need to log in to do so. You can set your lineup in advance, which is helpful if you are going on vacation or you don't feel like logging in every single day.

Edit: To drop a player, you need to go to the My Team tab, the same way as if you are editing a lineup. Just underneath that set of tabs is a second set; one of the options is drop player. Do keep in mind that ESPN has a list of players that are undroppable; these players are usually very good and the list is in place in order to prevent collusion (nobody would ever improve their team by dropping Ovechkin, for instance, so it's kind of unfair to do so, since whoever is first in line for waivers cleans up).

Last edited by a moderator:

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do need to change your lineup day by day, but that doesn't mean you need to log in to do so. You can set your lineup in advance, which is helpful if you are going on vacation or you don't feel like logging in every single day.

Edit: To drop a player, you need to go to the My Team tab, the same way as if you are editing a lineup. Just underneath that set of tabs is a second set; one of the options is drop player. Do keep in mind that ESPN has a list of players that are undroppable; these players are usually very good and the list is in place in order to prevent collusion (nobody would ever improve their team by dropping Ovechkin, for instance, so it's kind of unfair to do so, since whoever is first in line for waivers cleans up).

I think the undroppable players are your 1st 3 draft picks.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the undroppable players are your 1st 3 draft picks.

Nah, ESPN has a set list. Maybe they set it based off the players average draft position, I dunno. They don't update it very often, though, so if your star guy has his leg torn off and retires you still might not be able to drop him.

List is as follows (*s indicate currently on IR):

CENTER
Nicklas Backstrom, Wsh
Jeff Carter, Cls
Sidney Crosby*, Pit
Pavel Datsyuk, Det
Ryan Kesler*, Van
Anze Kopitar, LA
Evgeni Malkin, Pit
Brad Richards, NYR
Mike Richards, LA
Henrik Sedin, Van
Eric Staal, Car
Steven Stamkos, TB
Jonathan Toews, Chi
LEFT WING
Ilya Kovalchuk, NJ
Alex Ovechkin, Wsh
Zach Parise, NJ
Daniel Sedin, Van
RIGHT WING
David Backes, StL
Jarome Iginla, Cgy
Corey Perry, Ana
Bobby Ryan, Ana
Martin St. Louis, TB
DEFENSE
Dustin Byfuglien, Wpg
Zdeno Chara, Bos
Kris Letang, Pit
Keith Yandle, Pho
GOALIE
Henrik Lundqvist, NYR
Roberto Luongo, Van
Tim Thomas, Bos
Tomas Vokoun, Wsh

LOL at David Backes being undroppable. Really?

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That just goes to show how risky it is to take Crosby with no IR spots. He could possibly take up a bench spot on your team all season long and not play a single game. That would hurt.

beantownmaniac

Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That just goes to show how risky it is to take Crosby with no IR spots. He could possibly take up a bench spot on your team all season long and not play a single game. That would hurt.

He'll be playing b4 Christmas. This is my 1st time ever playing FH and it's much different than FF as far as judging players.

beantownmaniac

Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both my teams are in the negative for +/- at the moment :L

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll be playing b4 Christmas. This is my 1st time ever playing FH and it's much different than FF as far as judging players.

Alright, but one big hit at the wrong time/place and his career could be over. That's just the truth of the matter.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didnt know there were no IR spots when I drafted. Not a huge deal because it affects everyone, but I am carrying two injured players. I keep asking myself why I don't drop Connolly. He'll be hurt within a week of coming back.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didnt know there were no IR spots when I drafted. Not a huge deal because it affects everyone, but I am carrying two injured players. I keep asking myself why I don't drop Connolly. He'll be hurt within a week of coming back.

Did you actually draft him or was your team autopicked?

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didn't no there were no IR spots either. Then again, I didn't know what a fantasy IR spot is period. ;)

Good game this week, Comeds. It's been very tight. Looks like you'll sweep the goalie stats, I'll win most of the skater stats and it will roughly be a split.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm up against Johnstown in both leagues. We're about even for the most part. He's winning most of the skater categories while I'm winning the goalie categories.

Well, we were about even...on day one, and before all of the games. :dance:

:ss:

BostonAJ

They fucking won?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Thanks for the info, Vadered and Wayne. I'm set up much better now. Ritari, you had a very easy first week.

beantownmaniac

Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PhillyPhaithful got 17 quality PIM from Downie tonight.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
9-0 for skating categories. 1-3 in goalie categories, and that 1 will go away.

I think I know where my bread is buttered.

you spoke too soon ... i came back to tie 6-6-1 over theweekend

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you spoke too soon ... i came back to tie 6-6-1 over theweekend

Yeah, because the sharks only played 3 games, as well as I forgot to change my lineup around yesterday. I should be 8-5-0, not tied.

And honestly, it was more meant to show my feelings of, "Hey, my goalies suck!" more than brag about my skaters. Bryzgalov's been pretty good so far but he doesn't seem to be facing enough shots to dominate categories other than wins (which is NOT something I'll complain about, seeing as I'm a Flyer fan). My other two goalies are not starting off the season so well.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That said, I would have bet a lot of money Tavares would not have 5 goals 3 assists 4 games into the season. Good draft there.