• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: OJ: Made in America

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I always thought Ito was in over his head as the judge in that case. He definitely got caught up in the media hype.

Marcia Clark definitely had some stones, but she also backed down when she shouldn't have and allowed Darden, who was very inexperienced, to do things she was against, like trying to get the n word banned from the trial, then having OJ try on the gloves (which F. Lee Bailey goaded him into doing).

Agree about making it about race. I think they got away with it because, given the LAPD's reputation at the time (and so close to Rodney King), made it a seem like a legitimate defense. Also, some of the issues that the defense brought up were pretty legitimate as far as the way the crime scene was handled and the way the evidence was collected and stored. My Dad was a police officer for many years and I remember him saying that he couldn't believe how badly the screwed it up.

I saw episode 5 last night. The judge that sentenced OJ was amazing. It's amazing how the term OJ used while getting recorded - "No one's going anywhere" screwed him over royally as the kidnapping charge got him 25 years alone.

That judge in his armed robbery trial was simply a boss. Gave him 33 years in prison for the $33 million dollar he owed the Goldman family. It definitely renewed my faith in karma. Even though it's about as quick as the federal government - it eventually gets you.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw episode 5 last night. The judge that sentenced OJ was amazing. It's amazing how the term OJ used while getting recorded - "No one's going anywhere" screwed him over royally as the kidnapping charge got him 25 years alone.

That judge in his armed robbery trial was simply a boss. Gave him 33 years in prison for the $33 million dollar he owed the Goldman family. It definitely renewed my faith in karma. Even though it's about as quick as the federal government - it eventually gets you.

Well deserved. SHould have been in jail since 1994. Who idea was it for OJ to write that book "If I did it"? VERY stupid

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well deserved. SHould have been in jail since 1994. Who idea was it for OJ to write that book "If I did it"? VERY stupid

Well, he needed money and I agree it was very stupid. Thankfully the Goldman family had rights to the book. Most people with one functioning brain cell knew OJ Simpson did it. He basically told how he did it at that point.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The prosecution was bad but I'm not sure once the racist cops against a black man theory was allowed I could have got OJ acquitted.

The racist cop was big, because he is the one that discovered the glove.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, that verdict was bullshit too, but it was karma.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that verdict was bullshit too, but it was karma.

Yeah, the one lawyer (outside of Shapiro) that was still alive from his defense team made mention of the 5th quarter and how that type of action usually nets around a 2-year sentence. This was the justice system getting back at him from the double murder trial. To be fair, Simpson walked around with a pompous attitude basically giving off the vibe that he got away with murder because he was rich and famous. Even though he capitalized off racial tensions as it related to the LAPD during the early-to-mid 90's.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the one lawyer (outside of Shapiro) that was still alive from his defense team made mention of the 5th quarter and how that type of action usually nets around a 2-year sentence. This was the justice system getting back at him from the double murder trial. To be fair, Simpson walked around with a pompous attitude basically giving off the vibe that he got away with murder because he was rich and famous. Even though he capitalized off racial tensions as it related to the LAPD during the early-to-mid 90's.

Bailey is still alive I think. He got disbarred some time later for embezzling client funds I believe. Shapiro even testified against him. The two hated each other.

Finally caught up on all of it today. You know what one stupid little thing that kept bothering me was? Carl Douglas' posture. Every person in the documentary is facing the camera in their house or studio. Not Carl. He's sitting at his desk with the chair facing a computer and his body turned halfway as if he's saying "Oh hi! Didn't notice you there since I'm so busy doing lawyer stuff. Why yes, I'll answer a couple of questions about OJ but make it quick because I'm so busy with lawyer stuff". Give me a break. How full of shit is he? You know he planned that out. Cochran would be proud. Always put on a show.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bailey is still alive I think. He got disbarred some time later for embezzling client funds I believe. Shapiro even testified against him. The two hated each other.

Finally caught up on all of it today. You know what one stupid little thing that kept bothering me was? Carl Douglas' posture. Every person in the documentary is facing the camera in their house or studio. Not Carl. He's sitting at his desk with the chair facing a computer and his body turned halfway as if he's saying "Oh hi! Didn't notice you there since I'm so busy doing lawyer stuff. Why yes, I'll answer a couple of questions about OJ but make it quick because I'm so busy with lawyer stuff". Give me a break. How full of shit is he? You know he planned that out. Cochran would be proud. Always put on a show.

Forgot about Bailey. It was amazing to see how Shapiro quickly distances himself from everyone in that trial. And yeah, I was referencing Carl Douglas. He was a unique person for sure.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgot about Bailey. It was amazing to see how Shapiro quickly distances himself from everyone in that trial. And yeah, I was referencing Carl Douglas. He was a unique person for sure.

Shapiro is a weird dude. Besides his weirdness, to me he always seemed like he knew OJ was guilty, took the money, and as soon as it was over was like "None of that bad stuff was me". He was also covering his own ass. Most of his clients are wealthy, white Hollywood types; the same people that thought OJ was guilty and might be pissed at how the defense was handled with the race card, etc.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and Barry Scheck is still alive as well. He went on to found The Innocence Project, which is a foundation that uses DNA tools to prove convicted people's innocence. Sort of ironic given his role in OJ's defense team.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i found it interesting that in the vegas trial michael mcclinton the guy with the gun didn't do any time. the gift of snitchin :clap:

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Carl Douglas crack me up every time I hear him talk. That dude is soooooo dramatic lol.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The series that FX had on this, a couple of months ago, went into great details on Shapiro didn't like the other lawyers. He didn't want Cochran to be on the team and hated that he became the main lawer who called tge shots.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The series that FX had on this, a couple of months ago, went into great details on Shapiro didn't like the other lawyers. He didn't want Cochran to be on the team and hated that he became the main lawer who called tge shots.

Yep I loved that show as well.