• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: OJ: Made in America

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so far its been a fantastic doc. It's amazing how OJ was able to turn himself basically white, get away with beating his wife, then turn around and paint himself as the representation of every Black man to his advantage. OJ is the ultimate con man.

No no no, lets not give the credit to O.J. Lets give it to his defense team, and mainly Johnny Cochran for doing that.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that's exactly what im talking about. I had no clue that Allen messed around with Nicole. I love Allen because he is a Trojan and a Raider, but that left a nasty taste in my mouth.

Eh, Nicole/OJ's marriage was already broken at that point and OJ was sleeping around with tons of other women so you can see how the relationship started. On the other hand, Allen was married at the time. If he were single, I wouldn't see much issue at all.

None of that is still as fucked up as OJ knowingly taking AC's girlfriend (who later became OJ's wife) right in front of him and gloating about it. OJ is a fucking douche and AC is the biggest pussy ever for supporting him.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh? Allen was his boy. Allen looked up to O.J. he was a mentor to Allen. Allen was a family friend. I don't care how many girls im cheating on my wife with, my close friend should never hook up with her.

Yes, O.J. took AC's girl, but that was way in high school. Nobody was really in love. The two situations don't compare.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh? Allen was his boy. Allen looked up to O.J. he was a mentor to Allen. Allen was a family friend. I don't care how many girls im cheating on my wife with, my close friend should never hook up with her.

Yes, O.J. took AC's girl, but that was way in high school. Nobody was really in love. The two situations don't compare.

Perhaps & agree that a true friend should not do that sort of thing. However - all of this is tame compared to the fact that OJ was beating the shit out of Nichole on a regular basis & there is tons of evidence to prove it. His celebrity status bailed him out most times, and I get the feeling that there is no way he would of gotten away with this in the current era. Too bad - it might have saved a few lives.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the first episode & about 30 minutes of the second episode before I turned it off. It just doesn't appeal to me. There is nothing really new or enlightening it. I'll probably sit down & watch it in it's entirety one day in the future when I have nothing else to watch, but not right now.

If you are interested, I read around the the interwebs that ESPN is currently streaming all five episodes on ESPN3, their online streaming page. Although I haven't looked to verify it.

My feelings and actions to the T almost...I didn't watch any of #2.

Maybe something new will come out of 3-5, but the #1 did nothing for me...at the end of this...my opinion of OJ is not going to change....he was a great running back and he's a fool. That's why he's in prison today....no other reason. Thought he was truly made of teflon I guess.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My feelings and actions to the T almost...I didn't watch any of #2.

Maybe something new will come out of 3-5, but the #1 did nothing for me...at the end of this...my opinion of OJ is not going to change....he was a great running back and he's a fool. That's why he's in prison today....no other reason. Thought he was truly made of teflon I guess.

You really should watch the later episodes - some of the best TV ever IMO. The episodes kind of explain why OJ was able to escape out of so many situations - it was a combination of many factors including the racial climate at the time, the status of celebrities back then, OJ's split personality & the totally different attitude towards domestic abuse at that time. You are probably rt about episode 1 but it gets much better especially starting with #3.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The prosecution lost for 2 reasons:

1.) Johnnie Cochran: He was absolutely brilliant and played the prosecution, especially Darden, like a puppet master. You knew the prosecution was in trouble when Darden tried to get the n word removed from the trial and Cochran eviscerated him for it. Then, when he baited Darden into having OJ try on the gloves, he created the quote that to this day, even people who weren't alive at the time know..."if it doesn't fit, you must acquit."

2.) Hubris: The prosecution was handed a 100% open and shut case and they treated like an open and shut case. They were completely unprepared for what the defense did and had no response for any of it.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really should watch the later episodes - some of the best TV ever IMO. The episodes kind of explain why OJ was able to escape out of so many situations - it was a combination of many factors including the racial climate at the time, the status of celebrities back then, OJ's split personality & the totally different attitude towards domestic abuse at that time. You are probably rt about episode 1 but it gets much better especially starting with #3.

On that endorsement...maybe I will

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As well done as it is, it is really frustrating to watch some of this shit, especially post-murder

People cheering this guy on during "The Chase"

The celebrations when he was found "Not Guilty"

Knowing for sure this guy is a brutal murderer, it does bring back memories of how disgusted it makes me how much joy people got in 2 innocent people being slaughtered, because they happened to be white

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As well done as it is, it is really frustrating to watch some of this shit, especially post-murder

People cheering this guy on during "The Chase"

The celebrations when he was found "Not Guilty"

Knowing for sure this guy is a brutal murderer, it does bring back memories of how disgusted it makes me how much joy people got in 2 innocent people being slaughtered, because they happened to be white

No, nobody had joy because it was 2 whites that died, it was joy because, finally a black man won against a system that was against blacks.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, nobody had joy because it was 2 whites that died, it was joy because, finally a black man won against a system that was against blacks.

You are completely correct. I lived in the LA area at the time & I remember the tension in the air with worry of what would occur if OJ was convicted since this was not that much after the LA riots. The twist is that at the time OJ may have been just about the whitest black man on the planet as detailed by these specials.

If he was more humble & a little smarter he would have just led a low profile life after being set free. Being the person that he is he just got into more trouble & before you know it he is back in jail. Idiot!

Stink Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no interest in this show and ESPN Radio's non-stop self-promotion of their show has not succeeded in convincing me otherwise.

I don't mind listening to commercials...but I wish they'd stop having their hosts "cover" it like it is some sorta news story.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just got done watching part 5 while waiting for the UFC main card to start. I still didn't see anything amazing or anything that wasn't already known.

The only thing I learned from the 2 & 1/3 episodes I watched, OJ's dad was gay.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just got done watching part 5 while waiting for the UFC main card to start. I still didn't see anything amazing or anything that wasn't already known.

The only thing I learned from the 2 & 1/3 episodes I watched, OJ's dad was gay.

Did you know about Marcus Allen?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The prosecution lost for 2 reasons:

1.) Johnnie Cochran: He was absolutely brilliant and played the prosecution, especially Darden, like a puppet master. You knew the prosecution was in trouble when Darden tried to get the n word removed from the trial and Cochran eviscerated him for it. Then, when he baited Darden into having OJ try on the gloves, he created the quote that to this day, even people who weren't alive at the time know..."if it doesn't fit, you must acquit."

2.) Hubris: The prosecution was handed a 100% open and shut case and they treated like an open and shut case. They were completely unprepared for what the defense did and had no response for any of it.

Too be fair, I think the only lawyer with any stones was the woman (forgot her name). However, I still can't phathom how the defense team was allowed to run away with a trial trying to spin this as a racial issue. You'd think that at some point the judge would intervene and try to keep the trial on track - that judge though seemed to like the limelight.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too be fair, I think the only lawyer with any stones was the woman (forgot her name). However, I still can't phathom how the defense team was allowed to run away with a trial trying to spin this as a racial issue. You'd think that at some point the judge would intervene and try to keep the trial on track - that judge though seemed to like the limelight.

Marcia Clark

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ito was fucking terrible.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I always thought Ito was in over his head as the judge in that case. He definitely got caught up in the media hype.

Marcia Clark definitely had some stones, but she also backed down when she shouldn't have and allowed Darden, who was very inexperienced, to do things she was against, like trying to get the n word banned from the trial, then having OJ try on the gloves (which F. Lee Bailey goaded him into doing).

Agree about making it about race. I think they got away with it because, given the LAPD's reputation at the time (and so close to Rodney King), made it a seem like a legitimate defense. Also, some of the issues that the defense brought up were pretty legitimate as far as the way the crime scene was handled and the way the evidence was collected and stored. My Dad was a police officer for many years and I remember him saying that he couldn't believe how badly they screwed it up.

Last edited:

KingKoolKat75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The prosecution was bad but I'm not sure once the racist cops against a black man theory was allowed I could have got OJ acquitted.