• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Name some things that drive you fucking nuts

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She stopped. Was cited by the responding officers.

FWIW, I truly believe she was remorseful. Kept apologizing over and over, holding my hand while I lay there waiting on the ambulance.
Guessing since she was cited you were in an actual bike lane too, or had she just passed you on the road and still somehow failed to notice you?

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People that think it’s okay to make a right turn across the front of you (without a turn signal mind you) just because you’re on a road bike.

just got out of the hospital after 4 days. Ran into a car that did this as I was attempting to go straight thru the intersection. I was on my TT bike in the aero bars when the car turned into me. I was doing around 25+ mph. Never had a chance to avoid it. Hit the car, bounced off the road.

I have a fractured sternum, fractured clavicle and 3 different fractures in my pelvis and hip.
Oh man. Hope you heal up quick. I've fortunately avoided this so far, but it's my greatest fear.
Guessing since she was cited you were in an actual bike lane too, or had she just passed you on the road and still somehow failed to notice you?
Even if no bike lane, bikes have every right to use the full lane of a road, so if she dove across in front making a right turn it's the exact same as if she did it to another car.

The rare part here is that she stopped. I happened upon a downed rider a couple years ago. No one stopped. Not the person who hit him, no one else who saw it. The guy's go pro showed someone went around and cut across too quick and swiped him because a car was coming the other direction. And then another car went by behind the guy who clipped him. He was lucky, just some scratches and bruises.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh man. Hope you heal up quick. I've fortunately avoided this so far, but it's my greatest fear.

Even if no bike lane, bikes have every right to use the full lane of a road, so if she dove across in front making a right turn it's the exact same as if she did it to another car.

The rare part here is that she stopped. I happened upon a downed rider a couple years ago. No one stopped. Not the person who hit him, no one else who saw it. The guy's go pro showed someone went around and cut across too quick and swiped him because a car was coming the other direction. And then another car went by behind the guy who clipped him. He was lucky, just some scratches and bruises.
That's what I was trying to understand. Presuming she had just gone around (if not in a bike lane), there was even less reason not to notice wings-pens was there. Just makes it doubly stupid, even if completely accidental.

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I was trying to understand. Presuming she had just gone around (if not in a bike lane), there was even less reason not to notice wings-pens was there. Just makes it doubly stupid, even if completely accidental.
@forty_three pretty much nails it.

while I’m po’d at the situation, I’m really not angry with her. I honestly believe she knows she made a mistake and is truly remorseful about it. As I said In another post, she stayed right there until the ambulance arrived, holding my hand and just saying over and over again how sorry she was.

doesn’t absolve her, but at least she didn’t say fuck that guy and speed off

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you deliver a software applications solution that meets all the requirements that were laid out, but it's a small change to the current business process flow which requires one additional mouse click and the business wants you to remove the additional mouse click.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was off last week. I get here at 8:30 today, get IM'd some stuff to do this morning by my co-worker/supervisor. That's fine. She comes in at 1, barely says hi and starts barking orders at me. Plus the stuff she gives me that 'needs to be done' has been on our plate for weeks, and I guess ignored last week.

But now that I am here, its a priority. Oh well, back here by myself so it's not all bad.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trying to play football safely, it isn't suppose to be safe. It's like boxing, ya want to knock the guy out.

People who stand in line then once it's their turn now they start looking for what they need, why didn't they do that while standing there waiting?

People who can't figure out the card swipe thing.

All this talk about Donald Trump, talk about overkill there it is.

People who pull up to the gas pump with their music blaring, that is rude and annoying. I will say something and the look on their face is shock.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was off last week. I get here at 8:30 today, get IM'd some stuff to do this morning by my co-worker/supervisor. That's fine. She comes in at 1, barely says hi and starts barking orders at me. Plus the stuff she gives me that 'needs to be done' has been on our plate for weeks, and I guess ignored last week.

But now that I am here, its a priority. Oh well, back here by myself so it's not all bad.
Ahhh your business day is prob done now but you had the perfect opportunity to drop a “happy international womens day ya bitch”

/
higgy : :tsk:

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I am cooking hot dogs on the grill. Yeah I use mine year round.

Anyway it triggered an old item that used to drive me nuts. When cooking hot dogs on a grill during a cook out and you always get that one person that says they don’t want it burnt or have burn marks on them.

Last edited:

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone say nuts?

I was watching one of those Russians vs. All-stars games. You could see a Russian kid lining up Gordie Howe and taking him into the boards. The puck kept going, and when the camera panned back over the scene, Gordie Howe was back in the action and the Russian kid was sitting on the ice trying to get his helmet back on.

Don't fuck with that old man, Ivan.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I am cooking hot dogs on the grill. Yeah I use mine year round.

Anyway it triggered an old item that used to drive me nuts. When cooking hot dogs on a grill during a cook out and you always get that one person that says they don’t want it burnt or have burn marks on them.
Hand them a pot of boiling water and say knock yourself out.

/spiral cut is the way to go on the grill

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahhh your business day is prob done now but you had the perfect opportunity to drop a “happy international womens day ya bitch”

Last night...

My wife: "Did you know it's international women's day today?"
Me: "No, I didn't but thank goodness I didn't miss doing something when I should have."
My wife: "What do you mean?"
Me: "Well if you were Japanese or Iranian I probably should have got you something, but you're not an international woman, so I'm in the clear."

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was supposed to be working from home today to try to finish up a project. My coworker (she did actually apologize for her rudeness Monday) calls me in stating she needs help to get a delivery ready for tomorrow - that's what application analysts do here, we palatalize things, shrink wrap them, and have them delivered. So I put on some pants and rush in*. I've been here for over three hours and we may have done 15 minutes of work. Meanwhile we still have actual work to get done and my project is not going anywhere. But by all means spend more time talking about the Mark Wahlberg movie Instant Family.

*actually I rushed in then put some pants on.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It reads......Mississippi Delta Blues.....on the CD.

Then we find.....

Blind Willie Johnson
Sleepy John Estes
Ramblin' Thomas
Buddy Moss

.....listed, none of them from the Mississippi Delta.

Just one example, there are others.

Get it right!

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was supposed to be working from home today to try to finish up a project. My coworker (she did actually apologize for her rudeness Monday) calls me in stating she needs help to get a delivery ready for tomorrow - that's what application analysts do here, we palatalize things, shrink wrap them, and have them delivered. So I put on some pants and rush in*. I've been here for over three hours and we may have done 15 minutes of work. Meanwhile we still have actual work to get done and my project is not going anywhere. But by all means spend more time talking about the Mark Wahlberg movie Instant Family.

*actually I rushed in then put some pants on.

you should have opened your music app and started playing “Good Vibrations” and reflected on his career as a rapper

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you should have opened your music app and started playing “Good Vibrations” and reflected on his career as a rapper

I hope comeds put on a funky pair of pants and that they were not bunched up from being pulled from the laundry basket.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Omg, EVERY store having a charity contribution or round up on checkout is getting on my nerves. Here are the issues....
(1) I don't necessarily know the charity - do they pay their CEO $5 mil a year? what portions of their proceeds do good? I don't know in the two seconds i'm being asked to make this decision.​
(2) Why is there never a matching component? I'd be happier to do it if they offered to match whatever contribution I make but I've almost never found that to be true.​
(3) I already donate lots of money to charity, but now if I don't want to donate 17 cents to some cause I have to feel bad? I just needed some cough medicine for my wife or a shirt for work and now I'm being presented with a moral question.​
(4) Do people donate less because of these? Does someone that would have given $25 to a charity balk because they gave a total of $1.37 over three transactions last week and they're fatigued by it.​
(5) I want to choose the charities I donate to and they are often regional/local, not national ones that the corporations generally choose.​

It used to be at some places during the holidays. Now it's almost everywhere almost all the time. I know the intent is good and if they want to wrap it up in a corporate mission (1 tree planted for every $20 you spend) that's cool. But stop asking me this. I don't object to the charity - I object to you acting like a good corporate citizen by bludgeoning the public with these micro transactions. Just open up your corporate coffers and dump a cash pile on them.

Anyhow, they drive me fucking nuts. I just want to buy a shirt, post hole digger, bunch of bananas, or wireless mouse in peace.

/rant
//this would be a great Curb Your Enthusiasm diatribe/episode