• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Name some things that drive you fucking nuts

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got attacked by fire ants yesterday for the second time in the last few weeks.

Totally different locations - one 45 minutes from home in the middle of a field, the second at home in my front yard - but both got me on/around my feet. My toes look like over-stuffed sausages right now. :mad2:

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got attacked by fire ants yesterday for the second time in the last few weeks.

Totally different locations - one 45 minutes from home in the middle of a field, the second at home in my front yard - but both got me on/around my feet. My toes look like over-stuffed sausages right now. :mad2:
Hate those things. Haven't had any on my yard for over a decade since I started paying for quarterly lawn pest and weed control service.

Everything is angrier in the south, not just the ants. Wish there was a people control service.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate those things. Haven't had any on my yard for over a decade since I started paying for quarterly lawn pest and weed control service.

Everything is angrier in the south, not just the ants. Wish there was a people control service.
Yeah, they're pretty awful. Not much to be said about the ones in the middle of the field, but I've been actively treating the ones in my own yard but they keep popping back up. Tough to fully eliminate.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell happened to vacation rental prices? Since 2020 has sucked I'd like to get away next month but it doesnt look like it will happen. I used to be able to get a cabin in the woods (more like a house) in western MD for about $1000 a week total (dog fee included) as this time of year is their offseason - right in between summer and ski season. Not only do I see no off season rates everything is about double what it was 2 years ago. I even looked in more hillbilly (WV) areas and they are all super high.

Guess I'll be spending my vacation here with you guys. Mods - can we get a forest/woods banner to put up for a week?

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TL-DR we canceled Thanksgiving dinner due to covid but my brother insisted his family go to Mom's for his second dinner

My brother is a decent guy, very different from me (and far more successful lol) but as adults we get along fine. Mostly.

One thing that drives me crazy about my mother's side of the family is that everything is catered to the complainers in the family. So every holiday meal is exactly what my brother wants (turkey etc) - prepared exactly how he wants - bland and tasteless lol. My wife and myself have offered to bring sides before to save my mother work - but she makes her own version in case my brother does not like ours. So we stopped offering. My mother suggested something other than turkey for one of the holidays, she doesn't like turkey so much, and my brother had a fit so its always turkey.

All this for him, and this is what drives me crazy, despite it being his second meal of the day of the exact same food. He has lunch at his in-laws every holiday which is always turkey and 5 hours later expects and gets the same food at my mother's.

So my wife and I canceled going there for dinner because of Covid and we expected my brother would too. Nope. And at least yesterday it sounded like lunch was on with his in-laws. So he is making my mother cook a huge meal then sit shoulder to shoulder with everyone in her nice but old small house. If he gets her sick, I'll kill him :)

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^brother's father in-law canceled his early meal. So at least my brother is not spreading germs from multiple houses

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My brother thinks football players are told to fake injuries so the TV networks can get in more commercials.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Scott Stevens was a white pony and Eric Lindros was an Asian on a moped.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You got it backwards. Obviously it was Philly making the dirty hit.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am working from home so during lunch I am cleaning a bit. I am constanly amazed how a 5'6" woman can get toothpaste spit all over the mirror including the very top, almost 2 feet above her head. Mutant?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things that drive me crazy???

Other drivers.

F*cking young women who have their mother's handicap placard because mom got two when she applied and gave one to to Miss Pissy Pants.

Veterans who think that a veteran's plate entitles them to use a handicap parking spot. I am a combat disabled vet and it pisses me off more when it's a 25 year old guy who gets out and runs into the store.

Getting a f*cked up Drive Thru order at McDonalds.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why can't people simply put a recipe online?

I don't give a fuck about what your grandmother's dog smelled like or how much you liked riding in the car to wherever the fuck you went when you were six you pedantic fuck. I just want to know how long to cook the roast for and at what temperature.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you order something online and the vendor cancels a 1/3 of the order at the last minute and then replaces another 1/3 or the order with another product (lesser or equal value I might add).
NOTE: I was aware of the cancelled 1/3 since they credited my account but the 1/3 replacement I didn't know that was the case until it just arrived, and I opened the box. They conveniently put that notice printed out with the product.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not in any particular order, but all fresh in my mind since Saturday for some reason:

- Self appointed traffic regulators who park in the left lane with their cruise control at 2-3 above the speed limit and refuse to move for anything short of a harpoon
- The above left lane campers who suddenly dart into the right lane when you go to pass them on the right and then blast off to 90+ in the right lane. Like, hey fucknuts, if you were going that fast to the left to begin with, we wouldn't have a problem.
- People who tailgate you when they should be able to see from their unecessarily large pickup that I am indeed stuck behind a left lane camper as well. As is the guy in front of me. And the guy in front of him. And...
- Tractor Trailers who try to pass other tractor trailers uphill blocking the left lane for what feels like half an hour.
- Tractor trailers in general, especially in the left lane.
- Highways less than 4 lanes wide
- Two cars, going precisely the same speed next to each other with at least 2 miles of clear road ahead of them and 15+ cars jammed up behind them. Fuck's sake, if you want to go the same speed, get one behind the other.
- Every Exit/Entrance Ramp in Pennsylvania.
- People who seem to think they are the only one inconvenienced by the accident that has brought all of us to a stop. Like the guy in Annapolis who did a three point turn and drove the wrong way back down the exit ramp.
- Left exits and entrances
- Dropping the speed limit to 45 for a fake work zone where no actual work is happening. Nor has happened since the road was built. But there are at least 45 jazillion cameras on the front of a Jeep Liberty to enforce it and keep the invisible fairy workers safe.
- People who see said Jeeps and double foot stomp their brakes and drop to 12 MPH
- People who slow to 20 MPH on our side of a wall-divided highway because a police car has stopped someone on the OTHER SIDE of the wall-divided highway.
- Signs saying there is gas and food next exit but when you get off, you find out the Sheetz is like 5 miles away in a different county
- People driving on highways with their high beams on.

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not in any particular order, but all fresh in my mind since Saturday for some reason:

- People who slow to 20 MPH on our side of a wall-divided highway because a police car has stopped someone on the OTHER SIDE of the wall-divided highway.
that was a pretty good list, but this one in particular drives me nuts. and not just when the cop is on the other side of the highway. even when they are on the same side it pisses me off when some dumbass feels the need to slam on the brakes because a cop is giving someone else a ticket. it's like, hey fucknuts, what do think the cop is going to do? say "fuck writing a ticket for this guy. I'm going to stop and go write a ticket to THAT guy."

and as far as the left lane campers go, at least here in CA, it seems like almost every time I can finally get around the asshole, it's some douche on his/her phone. That one in particular sends me straight to max red zone. When I see it, I will get over right in front of them and slam on my brakes. Dangerous (and childish)? yes. but I don't give a fuck if they die in a wreck. THEY DESERVE IT!

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I engage with idiots. I'm getting better but have a ways to go.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

- Self appointed traffic regulators who park in the left lane with their cruise control at 2-3 above the speed limit and refuse to move for anything short of a harpoon
- The above left lane campers who suddenly dart into the right lane when you go to pass them on the right and then blast off to 90+ in the right lane. Like, hey fucknuts, if you were going that fast to the left to begin with, we wouldn't have a problem.
- People who tailgate you when they should be able to see from their unecessarily large pickup that I am indeed stuck behind a left lane camper as well. As is the guy in front of me. And the guy in front of him. And...
- Tractor Trailers who try to pass other tractor trailers uphill blocking the left lane for what feels like half an hour.
- Tractor trailers in general, especially in the left lane.
- Highways less than 4 lanes wide
- Two cars, going precisely the same speed next to each other with at least 2 miles of clear road ahead of them and 15+ cars jammed up behind them. Fuck's sake, if you want to go the same speed, get one behind the other.

- Every Exit/Entrance Ramp in Pennsylvania.
- People who seem to think they are the only one inconvenienced by the accident that has brought all of us to a stop. Like the guy in Annapolis who did a three point turn and drove the wrong way back down the exit ramp.
- Left exits and entrances
- Dropping the speed limit to 45 for a fake work zone where no actual work is happening. Nor has happened since the road was built. But there are at least 45 jazillion cameras on the front of a Jeep Liberty to enforce it and keep the invisible fairy workers safe.
- People who see said Jeeps and double foot stomp their brakes and drop to 12 MPH
- Signs saying there is gas and food next exit but when you get off, you find out the Sheetz is like 5 miles away in a different county
- People driving on highways with their high beams on.
That is daily driving in around Atlanta.
The bolded three if you ever get the opportunity to drive I-85 north after you leave Gwinnett county (after the Mall of GA) it becomes a two lane (each side) highway all the way until Greenville SC. And then the other side Spartanburg SC all the way to Charlotte NC.
Getting stuck behind Tractor Trailors going the same speed in both lanes is a daily occurrence. Surprised there isn't more "accidental" shootings along this stretch of road.

I bolded the last because the same highway is 70-75 through GA and when you get to SC it drops to 65 and then 55 in between the cities. And yes SC State Troopers are like PA state Troopers, they have plenty of speed traps.