• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Name some things that drive you fucking nuts

Canuck eh?

Big Flat Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

9y87t.jpg

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weeds. This year has been the worst year I've ever had for trying to keep weeds out of my lawn and flower beds.

It's some damn weed I've never seen before and it's everywhere this year.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I almost blew up my lab again today. I'm in some kind of funk. :burt:

But that's not what drives me nuts. What drives me nuts is the folks at the website who handle our student reviews failing to forward my student comments section to my review committee, leaving them only with a series of number ratings, most of which don't even apply to my teaching, to review me. Today, I finally got access to my comments, and they were glowing, pointing out the extra work/time I put into teaching (which in particular would have helped my review), among other positive comments. Whether or not it would have gotten me a higher rating in the department is immaterial. This website and the people who run it cost me at least the opportunity to be reviewed by the most comprehensive set of available data.

Drives me up a wall, especially since I care so much about teaching.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I almost blew up my lab again today. I'm in some kind of funk. :burt:

But that's not what drives me nuts. What drives me nuts is the folks at the website who handle our student reviews failing to forward my student comments section to my review committee, leaving them only with a series of number ratings, most of which don't even apply to my teaching, to review me. Today, I finally got access to my comments, and they were glowing, pointing out the extra work/time I put into teaching (which in particular would have helped my review), among other positive comments. Whether or not it would have gotten me a higher rating in the department is immaterial. This website and the people who run it cost me at least the opportunity to be reviewed by the most comprehensive set of available data.

Drives me up a wall, especially since I care so much about teaching.

I work In a lab. Last time I moved I used the methanol and other chemical boxes ( 4 x 4 liter), because they are very sturdy and had handles. My new neighbors thought I was making meth.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I work In a lab. Last time I moved I used the methanol and other chemical boxes ( 4 x 4 liter), because they are very sturdy and had handles. My new neighbors thought I was making meth.

:laugh:

Ah, to be a chemist.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I ordered a meat injector to be delivered yesterday (Tuesday, for you East Coasters) so that I could inject the brisket I intend to smoke for the 4th (if I can find one, that is), and according to USPS, it was placed in my mailbox yesterday, but I still do not have it.

Our mail service delivers quite a few items to our house which are addressed for completely different streets, so my suspicion is that my injector got delivered to someone else.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part one of my "fucking nuts" vacation trip. This may end up being a series.

So, I'm leaving my in-laws (yay, finally) on the way back home from my week-long stay there. I get 2 blocks away from the house and I get pulled over by one of the po-dunk town cops for rolling through a stop sign. :L

Once I explained I was on my way home after a long stay with the inlaws, I was let go with a warning...so there's that.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pop machines in all the break rooms used to be a buck fiddy for Pepsi products. 1.75 for Coke.

Last week, they raised it so all are 1.75. So now, the machine runs out of Coke Zero almost daily. I guess people feel like if they have to spend the extra 2 bits, they might as well stop drinking that Pepsi Max swill.

LEAVE MY COKE ZERO ALONE YOU CHEAP BASTARDS!

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pop machines in all the break rooms used to be a buck fiddy for Pepsi products. 1.75 for Coke.

Last week, they raised it so all are 1.75. So now, the machine runs out of Coke Zero almost daily. I guess people feel like if they have to spend the extra 2 bits, they might as well stop drinking that Pepsi Max swill.

LEAVE MY COKE ZERO ALONE YOU CHEAP BASTARDS!

$1.75 is a total ripoff.

You can buy a 6 pack of bottles or a 12 pack of cans for only a bit more than that when they're on sale.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$1.75 is a total ripoff.

You can buy a 6 pack of bottles or a 12 pack of cans for only a bit more than that when they're on sale.

I know, but I really don't trust those scavengers and that fridge.

And while we're on the subject, this stupid promotion where Coke is printing people's names on the side of the bottle. "Share a Coke Zero with ... <name>."

It sucks. I got the last Coke Zero out of the machine a little while ago and it said "Share a Coke Zero with Josh." Josh was right behind me and he wanted a Coke Zero too. Now I would have looked like the asshole if I told him to piss off, so I gave him my Coke Zero. Now I'm thirsty and I refuse to drink Pepsi Max.

You can bet when they refill the machine, I will look for my name (forty_three) and when I find it, I am standing RIGHT THERE until it comes out.