• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Name some things that drive you fucking nuts

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so i order a tim hortons sausage bagel belt and i get it and it has a slice of not ripe tomato with a white core

FUCKERS ... Im spittin' egg mad!

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USAirways.

Someone tell me how this math makes sense.

Flight home is cancelled today, nothing available until morning. Coming back to the same city Sunday afternoon. So since I wouldn't get home today I decided t o not fly home at all, but just spend the weekend with family nearby. So I ask them to take today's return leg and push it to next Friday and to completely cancel next week's reservation.

To do that, they will charge me a $200 change fee on next week's ticket, with the remainder as credit. On top of that, they want to charge me $500 fare difference. So to fly two fewer flights with them, they want me to pay them an additional $700.

And they blamed it on weather despite it being sunny where I am and sunny where I want to go and sunny everywhere in between. But because they had bad weather elsewhere earlier and had to repurpose planes, they call this weather related and refuse to give me meal vouchers or a hotel.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fathers who get their PCs infected with **** viruses every 6 months. And parents who divvy jobs up amongst their kids.

My father gets his PC infected with some virus or another every 6 months or so. I formatted it because of one less than a year ago, and probably 6 months later he got another one but I was able to clean it up with Malware Bytes or some other scan. He also hates Windows 7 because it doesn't look like XP which is what he learned on so when I have to reinstall everything I then get bitched at because it doesn't look like the way he had it set up.

I do feel bad for him, he does a ton of stuff on it even ordering his groceries but whenever something goes wrong with it its a life and death emergency and I get repeated texts and phone calls. We argue with him that if its so important to him then stop downloading **** on it. This is really a talk every son wants to have with his 75 year old father. So its Monday and even though I am at work the texts are flying about his machine.

Which brings me to my other point; I live half an hour from him. My brother lives about a quarter mile from him. Somehow the PC problems are mine to fix.

Jared

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fathers who get their PCs infected with **** viruses every 6 months. And parents who divvy jobs up amongst their kids.

My father gets his PC infected with some virus or another every 6 months or so. I formatted it because of one less than a year ago, and probably 6 months later he got another one but I was able to clean it up with Malware Bytes or some other scan. He also hates Windows 7 because it doesn't look like XP which is what he learned on so when I have to reinstall everything I then get bitched at because it doesn't look like the way he had it set up.

I do feel bad for him, he does a ton of stuff on it even ordering his groceries but whenever something goes wrong with it its a life and death emergency and I get repeated texts and phone calls. We argue with him that if its so important to him then stop downloading **** on it. This is really a talk every son wants to have with his 75 year old father. So its Monday and even though I am at work the texts are flying about his machine.

Which brings me to my other point; I live half an hour from him. My brother lives about a quarter mile from him. Somehow the PC problems are mine to fix.

I am lucky enough to have a family full of PC illiterates. My father lives in NJ, I live in Pittsburgh. He is 77 and tries to run his business via PC. He does reasonably well but when he can't figure things out, gets a virus, etc, he calls me. And only me. My sister lives nearby but when I visit her house I usually spend a few hours decontaminating her PC and fixing all the electronic devices her and my moronic nieces and nephews have screwed up.

I explained to my dad recently that performing tech support over the phone for him is like trying to explain what the color blue looks like to a blind person. Next time I'm out there I need to install a remote desktop, but I always forget when I'm there. Anyway, I feel your pain Comeds.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am lucky enough to have a family full of PC illiterates. My father lives in NJ, I live in Pittsburgh. He is 77 and tries to run his business via PC. He does reasonably well but when he can't figure things out, gets a virus, etc, he calls me. And only me. My sister lives nearby but when I visit her house I usually spend a few hours decontaminating her PC and fixing all the electronic devices her and my moronic nieces and nephews have screwed up.

I explained to my dad recently that performing tech support over the phone for him is like trying to explain what the color blue looks like to a blind person. Next time I'm out there I need to install a remote desktop, but I always forget when I'm there. Anyway, I feel your pain Comeds.

I too can relate. My parents have a desktop and (until last week) a netbook. Seriously. They were the only people left on Earth still using a netbook I think. The screen was only about 8 inches to start with and they had allowed it to install so many spam toolbars that you could barely even see the website you were looking at.

And then I'd get the "the printer's not working" phone calls. Those were always fun.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here are the two steps I took to make this problem go away for me. Father in law side.

1) Whenever he infected his system, I took away more access. "Hey, I can't install this new game i downloaded" to which I'd respond "I know". Or I would change what classifications of sites he could go to. I like that Microsoft calls them "Parental controls". Set his email so that attachments were not automatically downloaded. Stuff that annoyed him.
2) Convinced a brother in law to change careers into IT. Now he gets all the calls.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or you can try this

G3L3gtr.gif

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good analogy. And a good idea about the remote desktop.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My job is driving me nuts again. A very important piece of equipment broke over the weekend. Between Monday and Tuesday, I spent 24 hours trying to fix it, but I failed. Now I'll have to send it back, spend a boatload of money, and have another down week while its being fixed.

I'm starting to think I just suck at my job.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My job is driving me nuts again. A very important piece of equipment broke over the weekend. Between Monday and Tuesday, I spent 24 hours trying to fix it, but I failed. Now I'll have to send it back, spend a boatload of money, and have another down week while its being fixed.

I'm starting to think I just suck at my job.

C'mon now. I am sure you did all you could do, and as much as others could have done. Chin up.

Enjoy your week off!

cue: Good Vibrations from Marky Mark And The Funky Bunch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon now. I am sure you did all you could do, and as much as others could have done. Chin up.

Enjoy your week off!

cue: Good Vibrations from Marky Mark And The Funky Bunch

Heh, week off.

I still have to figure out how to deal with the rest of the instrument to account for this piece of equipment breaking.

I'm probably in for another 12-hour day today, honestly.

And then there's always reading/writing papers, running calculations.

There are no weeks off.

But thanks for the good vibrations.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Nothing makes me smile more than the muscles in my face."

Your signature is fantastic. Is it new or have I just not noticed it?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Nothing makes me smile more than the muscles in my face."

Your signature is fantastic. Is it new or have I just not noticed it?

Hahaha, I forgot I put that there. I can't even remember where I read it. It's been there for a few months, I think. I just haven't been posting as much.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maryland drivers drive me nuts.

But sitting on Assateague Island with my feet in the sand most certainly does not.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But sitting on Assateague Island with my feet in the sand most certainly does not.

Well its been 20 hours since 43 posted this. I think its safe to say he met his demise by the hand, er hooves of the wild horses of Assateague Island*. Its sad, he fought his way out of the mean streets of Baltimore only to meet his end by being trampled** by a pack of wild ponies. Sad, although if in-laws were present he may have faded from this life with a smile upon his face. So long 43 (soon who may have become 'Scotty"), you will be missed.

*spell check wants to change that to Assasinate Island.

**assumed, but extremely likely

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You shut your whore mouth! ;)

It's not our fault, we get a little dizzy/disoriented when we see our own state flag...

nunst032.gif