• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Name some things that drive you fucking nuts

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your home wireless router, especially CIsco/Linksys, should always be set to"Remote Administration - disabled".

Also, if you set up a guest wireless network on the same Cisco/Linksys router beware that it will enable remote administration. Because reasons. There's the right way, the wrong way and the Cisco way.

Also be aware that if your router is set to allow remote administration, regardless of the complexity of your password, there is a vulnerability that will overwrite your DNS and send all your traffic through an ad-bot, so any site you visit from any computer on your network gets ads. And there is a well known group of people that automatically respond with the exploit when you connect to a world of warcraft server or servers.

My Brother in law spent a few hours on his precious world of warcraft last Saturday night. The gift that keeps on giving.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having to post a pointless jumble of words like "purple monkey dishwasher" in order to bring my post count back up to where it should be because a thread I posted in got removed.

Purple Monkey Dishwasher.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having to post a pointless jumble of words like "purple monkey dishwasher" in order to bring my post count back up to where it should be because a thread I posted in got removed.

Purple Monkey Dishwasher.

I know what you mean. I used to have 8057 posts, now I don't.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know what you mean. I used to have 8057 posts, now I don't.

M2p7RNm.jpg

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My phone. So, the outgoing speaker blew in my lovely iPhone which I've only had for 3 months. When I call people I sound like I'm in a can or underwater. It's a great problem when you're spending your days applying to jobs and waiting for phone calls. As a result I've been letting calls go to voicemail, because well, no one can understand me. So, this morning I got a call from a 724 area code, which could be the dream job area, or it could be a wrong number because it's near the area. I begged this number to leave a message, but they didn't. Did a look up of the number...it was the dream job. PLEASE CALL AGAIN! PLEASE CALL AGAIN!

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My phone. So, the outgoing speaker blew in my lovely iPhone which I've only had for 3 months. When I call people I sound like I'm in a can or underwater. It's a great problem when you're spending your days applying to jobs and waiting for phone calls. As a result I've been letting calls go to voicemail, because well, no one can understand me. So, this morning I got a call from a 724 area code, which could be the dream job area, or it could be a wrong number because it's near the area. I begged this number to leave a message, but they didn't. Did a look up of the number...it was the dream job. PLEASE CALL AGAIN! PLEASE CALL AGAIN!

Wow, I will keep my fingers crossed for you. They will probably call back.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, I will keep my fingers crossed for you. They will probably call back.

I know it's pretty likely they will, but I was reallllllly hoping they'd leave a message. Then I could call from a different phone...because if they call again my phone still sucks. The guy at the store told me if I use speaker phone he could hear me, so I hope they call when I'm home. Blech.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's pretty likely they will, but I was reallllllly hoping they'd leave a message. Then I could call from a different phone...because if they call again my phone still sucks. The guy at the store told me if I use speaker phone he could hear me, so I hope they call when I'm home. Blech.

You could probably also try a Bluetooth headset. I know you can usually pick one up at Wal Mart or similar places for $10-15. Cheap ones of course, but it should cure your underwater sound.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Call the number back from a good phone. Just say "I apologize, I am having issues with my mobile. Someone called me from this number..."

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call the number back from a good phone. Just say "I apologize, I am having issues with my mobile. Someone called me from this number..."

That's what my mom said to do. So, you guys would deem it appropriate to do this? Calling back even though they didn't leave a message? Okay, specifics, it's a University, and when I searched the number the name came up with the number. I think it was like the basic university number, sans extension. So I have a feeling I may be up a creek without a paddle. No harm in calling...I'm just nervous. Buh.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what my mom said to do. So, you guys would deem it appropriate to do this? Calling back even though they didn't leave a message? Okay, specifics, it's a University, and when I searched the number the name came up with the number. I think it was like the basic university number, sans extension. So I have a feeling I may be up a creek without a paddle. No harm in calling...I'm just nervous. Buh.

Yup, give them a call back (shows you're interested in the opportunity) and if you get through, explain your phone issues.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To me it would show initiative and problem solving.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When some guy gets mad at a coworker and reports her for having an affair (with someone else) at work but forgets that just because he deleted all his emails to her about her giving him blowjobs in the bathroom doesn't me she did too.

Now three people lost their jobs instead of one. Good going, kemo-sabe.

"They actually were having an affair? I made that up. I didn't know"

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When some guy gets mad at a coworker and reports her for having an affair (with someone else) at work but forgets that just because he deleted all his emails to her about her giving him blowjobs in the bathroom doesn't me she did too.

Now three people lost their jobs instead of one. Good going, kemo-sabe.

"They actually were having an affair? I made that up. I didn't know"

sounds like the city of burnaby?

Microsoft drawn into sex scandal at Burnaby City Hall