• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Name some things that drive you fucking nuts

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pop machines in all the break rooms used to be a buck fiddy for Pepsi products. 1.75 for Coke.

Last week, they raised it so all are 1.75. So now, the machine runs out of Coke Zero almost daily. I guess people feel like if they have to spend the extra 2 bits, they might as well stop drinking that Pepsi Max swill.

LEAVE MY COKE ZERO ALONE YOU CHEAP BASTARDS!
I'd still stick with my diet mt. dew.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know, but I really don't trust those scavengers and that fridge.

And while we're on the subject, this stupid promotion where Coke is printing people's names on the side of the bottle. "Share a Coke Zero with ... <name>."

It sucks. I got the last Coke Zero out of the machine a little while ago and it said "Share a Coke Zero with Josh." Josh was right behind me and he wanted a Coke Zero too. Now I would have looked like the asshole if I told him to piss off, so I gave him my Coke Zero. Now I'm thirsty and I refuse to drink Pepsi Max.

You can bet when they refill the machine, I will look for my name (forty_three) and when I find it, I am standing RIGHT THERE until it comes out.

No option to keep it in a desk drawer? That's what I do. Can keep it locked if necessary.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"You know, I could urinate in the urinal but what the hell?! I'll just piss all over the top of it"

someone at my work place

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People who either don't flush or can't be bothered to make sure everything went down and double flush if necessary.

I get that what you did is probably not that different from what I'm about to do...but I certainly don't want to look at it.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only keep a 2-liter(re) in my fridge at work. Drinking directly from the 2-liter does a good job of keeping others away from it. ;)

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm...in my expert (read: internet tough guy) opinion, you need to find yourself a new job then.

No, they need to drop the price of Pepsi back to a buck fiddy and/or stop printing the names of people I work with on Coke Zero bottles.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YOU HAVE A REFRIGERATED DESK DRAWER? AWESOME!

No, but I have an a lockable desk drawer and an ice machine in the break room.

Lets see if we can make that happen. Its a small thing, but when I am stuck in traffic or bored at work - knowing you have a refrigerated desk drawer will feel like a victory for working men everywhere.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets see if we can make that happen. Its a small thing, but when I am stuck in traffic or bored at work - knowing you have a refrigerated desk drawer will feel like a victory for working men everywhere.

I used to work with a guy that had a USB powered desk fridge that fit a single pop can in it.

Come to think of it, he was always upbeat in the mornings. I think I now know why.

Who's starting the Kickstarter page?

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just picture the side of Sabresfaninthesouth's desk with condensation all over it, him acting like he has no idea why but inwardly smiling knowing that he has ice cold refreshment at arms length.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to work with a guy that had a USB powered desk fridge that fit a single pop can in it.

Come to think of it, he was always upbeat in the mornings. I think I now know why.

Who's starting the Kickstarter page?

A dude just made $15k on potato salad. DO IT.

Also, I'm #blessed to work in a profession where minifridges and multiple fridges are but a stones throw away from my desk. Oh, and ice chests.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A dude just made $15k on potato salad. DO IT.

Also, I'm #blessed to work in a profession where minifridges and multiple fridges are but a stones throw away from my desk. Oh, and ice chests.

Visited my daughter at the zoo and her lab area has two fridges. One is clearly marked "human food only". I asked what was in the other one and she said I didn't want to find out.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Visited my daughter at the zoo and her lab area has two fridges. One is clearly marked "human food only". I asked what was in the other one and she said I didn't want to find out.

Hah, we watched this OSHAA video every year in undergrad, and it was a early-90's VHS production that told you painfully obvious things. My two favorite parts were 1) someone picking up a biohazard/sharps bag and placing it roughly on their hand, cutting it (you basically deserve it if you do that) and 2) people putting their lunch in with blood/urine/stool samples in a fridge.