• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Name some things that drive you fucking nuts

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New reality TV show-

"Bus Riders of Science"

star-trek-make-it-so.jpg

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got a flat front tire biking home from work last week, and yesterday I bought a new tire and tube (the tire was about 15 years old and starting to fall apart, but I was waiting until I needed a new tube to replace it). Today I replaced the tire and tube, but the tube already has a leak in it. Since I didn't use anything sharp, I'm pretty sure I didn't puncture it and it just came that way (not the first time, by the way), but the hole is massive, so I remain a bus-rider. :tsk:

Look for a burr or sharp edge along the inside of your rim. Old tire may have concealed it. I've had it happen before where I'd lose tubes every couple of days. Just (gently) run your finger inside the rim and feel for anything sharp. File it down when you find it. Also look closely around the stem hole.

Also, when putting your new tube in, give it a few shots from the pump before folding it inside the tire. Less chance you pinch it that way re-seating the tire than when it's completely flat. Also, if the tube is defective, you will know right away.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look for a burr or sharp edge along the inside of your rim. Old tire may have concealed it. I've had it happen before where I'd lose tubes every couple of days. Just (gently) run your finger inside the rim and feel for anything sharp. File it down when you find it. Also look closely around the stem hole.

Also, when putting your new tube in, give it a few shots from the pump before folding it inside the tire. Less chance you pinch it that way re-seating the tire than when it's completely flat. Also, if the tube is defective, you will know right away.

I did the first thing. I always do, living in a place where most plants are sharp.

I will definitely give a little bit of a pump to any future tubes before putting them in. It will at least help the tube hold form while I work on the tire.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucktards that have the bass in their car so loud that it rattles the windows of my house from a half mile away, or in the drivethru where I can't even hear the lady through the speaker. They should be castrated.

Last week I was stuck in a tunnel next to a car that had its bass that loud. I almost went insane.

higgyfan4

Bossman you'll be missed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last week I was stuck in a tunnel next to a car that had its bass that loud. I almost went insane.

I would have. I'd probably snap, get out of my car, rip out his car radio, and beat him with it.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't need to know that. It wont be pleasant. At least the details of their exact deaths, maybe you mean you want to know what she was doing and for how long.

My brothers goofy ex girlfriend had a little dog that somehow got trapped between the back door and a screen door for over a day. She just assumed her kids had it, they just assumed she had it. When found it was super overheated and dehydrated and just collapsed and died almost as soon as they opened the door.

The thought of it bugged me for days.

yeah that part. I need to know if she made them suffer? I dont need to know the exact pain the dogs were in, I know that, what I mean is I know they died of heat exhaustion, but how? did she park and go do something for an hour? was it while she was driving on the highway for 2 hours? those details are important for this case.

my "who does that?" is more to the point of why did she lie after the fact

/I recently saw what Im going to assume was a dog walker ... She had stopped in the middle of traffic on Byrne Road in South Burnaby and she was running through traffic chasing a dog that was running away from her ... full speed

I was stopped at a 3 way intersection and saw she was driving an old beater bronco (no not white) and it was packed with all different types of dogs maybe ... 7 of them ...i noticed one window was wide open so I can only assume the dog had jumped out the open window

:L

sadly dog walkers are not licensed nor trained (ones I know are trained to handle dogs and have paid for correct equipment for their walks). we interviewed a dog walker slash "trainer" for one of our dogs that was a bit of a problem when we first got her we were inexperienced with handling troubled dogs, she had a german shepard in her truck (similar to the one that this langley walker owned, I thought at first this might have been her but it wasnt) he was going freaking insane, I said its kind of hot, Im sure he needs to be out, she said hes ok I have fans running in the back (was true) but if he doesnt shut up Im going to give him an ear pinch like hes never had before. I took my dogs leash and said thanks we wont need your services. so many clowns out there that think they can walk multiple dogs and have zero training. most are lucky that the dogs just get along, but if they dont and one turns on another and leash reaction takes over HOLY SHIT storm good luck controlling multiple dog fights.

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Farmers who drive their heavy-ass equipment capable of going just 2 MPH during rush-hour traffic.

I'm looking out my window to the road which is not usually very busy even at 5 PM, however - this tractor just went by at a slow crawl about 5 minutes ago and there are still cars trailing in a line behind that asshole. Those pour souls have another 4 miles to go before the nearest expressway ramp.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I have to actually go into a bank and there's plenty of people working at the bank, but there's only two teller windows open.