• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Name some things that drive you fucking nuts

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AT&T and DirecTV have been in bed for quite some time now. Not shocking at all. Welcome to the United States of Monopoly.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AT&T and DirecTV have been in bed for quite some time now. Not shocking at all. Welcome to the United States of Monopoly.

True, but what I love about Directv is they have excellent customer service. No outsourcing their call centers to Piyush in India (At&t), and their prices are usually very competitive. Those days will be numbered if this is given the green light by the feds.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but what I love about Directv is they have excellent customer service. No outsourcing their call centers to Piyush in India (At&t), and their prices are usually very competitive. Those days will be numbered if this is given the green light by the feds.

Yeah, this makes me very unhappy too because AT&T is trying to jam that "U-verse" crap down my throat. And I am very pleased with Direct TV service. Their customer service is awesome, their picture quality is top notch and their channel selection is better than anyone else.

AT&T Blows. And I don't want them shredding my yard to put their cables in. Dish on the roof and that's all I need.

And my only other choice in town is Time Warner / Comcast.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, this makes me very unhappy too because AT&T is trying to jam that "U-verse" crap down my throat. And I am very pleased with Direct TV service. Their customer service is awesome, their picture quality is top notch and their channel selection is better than anyone else.

AT&T Blows. And I don't want them shredding my yard to put their cables in. Dish on the roof and that's all I need.

And my only other choice in town is Time Warner / Comcast.

If you are a sports fan, Directv is a must, IMO. Sunday ticket, and access to premiership, nhl and mlb etc.

This deal gets the green light and I will immediately leave directv and probably go to their competitor. Dish.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So my old doc is pretty far away now and I'm trying to find a new one...

Me: Yeah hi, I'm a new patient and wanted to see if I could schedule an appointment.
Receptionist: Why are you calling Dr. ______?
Me: To schedule an appointment, are you taking new patients?
Receptionist: Are you an employee?
Me: Uh, an employee? Of your office? I'm not sure what you mean.
Receptionist: Are you applying for a job?
Me: No, I'm sick and was trying to see... do I have the wrong number?
Receptionist: So you're not an applicant?
Me: No, I'm not trying to get a job, I don't feel well and wanted...
Receptionist: Hold, please.

WTF?!?!? Got put on hold for 10 minutes. Decided this was not the person I wanted to deal with when I got sick and hung up.

I feel like if you work in a doctor's office, you shouldn't be confused by sick people calling for appointments. :L

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are a sports fan, Directv is a must, IMO. Sunday ticket, and access to premiership, nhl and mlb etc.

This deal gets the green light and I will immediately leave directv and probably go to their competitor. Dish.

According to AT&T, the reason they did this is to dump their U-Verse and move people to Direct TV and not vice versa. They are moving the TV customers and opening their fiber lines up for faster Internet service, adding all their TV customers to Direct TV.

If that's how it goes, that might be okay.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to AT&T, the reason they did this is to dump their U-Verse and move people to Direct TV and not vice versa. They are moving the TV customers and opening their fiber lines up for faster Internet service, adding all their TV customers to Direct TV.

If that's how it goes, that might be okay.

I wouldn't mind an expansion of their fiber internet service. My only options are TWC or DSL for internet.

Hoping Google's fiber push will drive competition and actually get some decent options out there.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, the Mother in Law is STILL IN MY HOUSE. But we are approaching the weekend where the REST of my wife's family is coming. The downside is "rest of her family" the upside is 2 days and they will all leave.

Except of course they have decided that they want to ALL come early. They come tomorrow night.
FIVE DAYS.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so tragic, the dog walker reported the dogs stolen after they died in the back of her truck and she dumped the bodies (its not known yet, when they died if in her care or if she left them in the truck) she said she went to the bathroom and came back and they were gone including her own dog. its horrible in every sense as a pet owner.

Six missing Langley dogs died of heatstroke in back of walker?s truck | Globalnews.ca

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so tragic, the dog walker reported the dogs stolen after they died in the back of her truck and she dumped the bodies (its not known yet, when they died if in her care or if she left them in the truck) she said she went to the bathroom and came back and they were gone including her own dog. its horrible in every sense as a pet owner.

Six missing Langley dogs died of heatstroke in back of walker?s truck | Globalnews.ca

i know the dogwalker was having some alledged personal problems ... but what the hell ??? ... another one of those stories where you are left asking the question ... "who does that???"

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i know the dogwalker was having some alledged personal problems ... but what the hell ??? ... another one of those stories where you are left asking the question ... "who does that???"

i need more of this story for this. I need to know how they died exactly, did she leave them for a long period of time, even in a hot day in the truck if the sliders are open and shes driving short trips shouldnt do that unless she was driving the dogs around instead of actually walking them.

this sucks

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i need more of this story for this. I need to know how they died exactly, did she leave them for a long period of time, even in a hot day in the truck if the sliders are open and shes driving short trips shouldnt do that unless she was driving the dogs around instead of actually walking them.

this sucks

You don't need to know that. It wont be pleasant. At least the details of their exact deaths, maybe you mean you want to know what she was doing and for how long.

My brothers goofy ex girlfriend had a little dog that somehow got trapped between the back door and a screen door for over a day. She just assumed her kids had it, they just assumed she had it. When found it was super overheated and dehydrated and just collapsed and died almost as soon as they opened the door.

The thought of it bugged me for days.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

this sucks

my "who does that?" is more to the point of why did she lie after the fact

/I recently saw what Im going to assume was a dog walker ... She had stopped in the middle of traffic on Byrne Road in South Burnaby and she was running through traffic chasing a dog that was running away from her ... full speed

I was stopped at a 3 way intersection and saw she was driving an old beater bronco (no not white) and it was packed with all different types of dogs maybe ... 7 of them ...i noticed one window was wide open so I can only assume the dog had jumped out the open window

:L

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why couldnt she have been a cat walker?

j/k

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why couldnt she have been a cat walker?

j/k

just on that "cat saves boy from dog" viral video that was out there last week ...

One time in the history of the world a dog was a jerk and the cat was the good guy. Once. One time. Eff you, cats.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucktards that have the bass in their car so loud that it rattles the windows of my house from a half mile away, or in the drivethru where I can't even hear the lady through the speaker. They should be castrated.

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, the Mother in Law is STILL IN MY HOUSE. But we are approaching the weekend where the REST of my wife's family is coming. The downside is "rest of her family" the upside is 2 days and they will all leave.

Except of course they have decided that they want to ALL come early. They come tomorrow night.
FIVE DAYS.

Juliette-in-Christmas-Vacation-juliette-lewis-18051064-853-480.jpg

Shitter's full.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got a flat front tire biking home from work last week, and yesterday I bought a new tire and tube (the tire was about 15 years old and starting to fall apart, but I was waiting until I needed a new tube to replace it). Today I replaced the tire and tube, but the tube already has a leak in it. Since I didn't use anything sharp, I'm pretty sure I didn't puncture it and it just came that way (not the first time, by the way), but the hole is massive, so I remain a bus-rider. :tsk: