• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Name some things that drive you fucking nuts

postmaster

RIP Steve
Hoopla Cash
$ 250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You realize it's the law that they cycle with traffic, right? They're considered vehicles under the law.

In Florida, if there is a sidewalk and a bike lane, if a car goes onto a sidewalk and hits a biker, their benefits are almost forfeited since they didn't use the bike lane. It is really pathetic.

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You realize it's the law that they cycle with traffic, right? They're considered vehicles under the law.

That's cool. Like I said, a lot of crosses by the side of the road out here. This road is not safe for bicyclists. It's probably different in towns, but on this country road - definitely not a good idea.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Florida, if there is a sidewalk and a bike lane, if a car goes onto a sidewalk and hits a biker, their benefits are almost forfeited since they didn't use the bike lane. It is really pathetic.

I, uhhhh... wow.

That's cool. Like I said, a lot of crosses by the side of the road out here. This road is not safe for bicyclists. It's probably different in towns, but on this country road - definitely not a good idea.

Kind of a catch 22. Country roads are the best for riding as they are usually not well traveled, have nice scenery and decent hills and flow.

The downside is rednecks in giant trucks seem to be the most angry at cyclists for some reason. There is one road near here that is like that. They put undercover cops on bikes and arrested like 13 people for *trying* to hit cyclists.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On another note, the fucking Koch brothers. They were successful in defeating the zoo tax levy.

I mentioned it before. The zoo wanted an allocation of tax money that would have increased the amount paid per 100,000 of property value from 20 bucks A YEAR to 44 bucks A YEAR so they could modernize their power systems, build better habitats, expand the zoo with greener buildings, retrofit all of their current facilities with more sustainable and efficient energy (which benefits everyone else on the grid with lower costs) and expand rescue and return programs.

But those fucking retards just sent a bunch of mailers that said ISSUE 6 IS A 105% TAX INCREASE! DERP DERP DERP!

:L

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On another note, the fucking Koch brothers. They were successful in defeating the zoo tax levy.

I mentioned it before. The zoo wanted an allocation of tax money that would have increased the amount paid per 100,000 of property value from 20 bucks A YEAR to 44 bucks A YEAR so they could modernize their power systems, build better habitats, expand the zoo with greener buildings, retrofit all of their current facilities with more sustainable and efficient energy (which benefits everyone else on the grid with lower costs) and expand rescue and return programs.

But those fucking retards just sent a bunch of mailers that said ISSUE 6 IS A 105% TAX INCREASE! DERP DERP DERP!

:L

I really can't stand those guys. :tsk:

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the conservative mindset. Tax bad, no tax good.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The "It will cost Americans $x" line bugs me, because it sensationalizes what is a pretty marginal tax increase, usually. If that x is $5 billion, it's only about $30 per person. If the program is worthwhile, $30 is likely not much of a sacrifice.

And of course, if there simply weren't so many tax breaks for the super rich, middle class America would never see these increases. I imagine one or two super rich people paying their fair share could cover most of the increase in revenue needed for the government to run all their programs. Get the rest of them to pay, and we might be able to fix the American education system, for example, among other things.

But political ads don't address real cost. They take the biggest number they can find and through that at the viewer. It's a financial scare tactic.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I love the "all taxes are tyranny" types like my Brother In Law. He also likes to bitch that there are a lot of potholes on the highways where he lives.

How do that work?

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find that mindset taxing, it really takes a toll on me.
If you're going to levy these puns at me, I should at least return the favor.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its american custom to complain about taxes ... its your duty as an american to complain

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my parents received a notice from the municipality in italy where they have a home that there is a new property tax on foreign home owners ... its 96 euros ... and its retroactive to 2011 :ohwell:

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The road that I live off of is kinda like that, except that it's not a country road, it's just a road that was never really expanded properly due to some difficulties in getting the land to widen (long story short: registered historic structures and a cemetery). Very heavily driven, narrow, lots of curves with poor visibility. And bikes everywhere.

I absolutely get their legal right to ride there, but sometimes self-preservation has to trump legality.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The road that I live off of is kinda like that, except that it's not a country road, it's just a road that was never really expanded properly due to some difficulties in getting the land to widen (long story short: registered historic structures and a cemetery). Very heavily driven, narrow, lots of curves with poor visibility. And bikes everywhere.

I absolutely get their legal right to ride there, but sometimes self-preservation has to trump legality.

Yeah, it's a two way street (aaaand dash's pun radar just went off). Just because you have a right to ride there, doesn't mean you necessarily should. And you certainly shouldn't be a jerk about it. But too many militant freaks on that side too.

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of a catch 22. Country roads are the best for riding as they are usually not well traveled, have nice scenery and decent hills and flow.

The downside is rednecks in giant trucks seem to be the most angry at cyclists for some reason. There is one road near here that is like that. They put undercover cops on bikes and arrested like 13 people for *trying* to hit cyclists.

Yeah I'm not saying ban bicycles (not sure what the best solution is) but there seemed to be an overwhelming number of posters here who thought that the drivers of cars are always the assholes. Thought you'd all like to know that there ARE drivers out there who, when they have to share the road with a bicyclist, live in perpetual fear that something wrong may happen and the bicyclist might fall down in front of their car.

If a bike runs into a car, there is a scratch - minimum. If car goes over said bicyclist - well, let's just say that that odd-looking helmet and reflective gear isn't going to do a whole lot of good.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I'm not saying ban bicycles (not sure what the best solution is) but there seemed to be an overwhelming number of posters here who thought that the drivers of cars are always the assholes. Thought you'd all like to know that there ARE drivers out there who, when they have to share the road with a bicyclist, live in perpetual fear that something wrong may happen and the bicyclist might fall down in front of their car.

If a bike runs into a car, there is a scratch - minimum. If car goes over said bicyclist - well, let's just say that that odd-looking helmet and reflective gear isn't going to do a whole lot of good.

nope!

Last edited by a moderator:

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm a 1:42 in...is this some kind of strange French movie? I get this odd feeling of "What am I watching - is this real? I feel - weightless!" that I get whenever I watch a French film.

THIS HAD BETTER NOT END WITH "FIN".

Last edited by a moderator:

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a 1:42 in...is this some kind of strange French movie? I get this odd feeling of "What am I watching - is this real? I feel - weightless!" that I get whenever I watch a French film.

THIS HAD BETTER NOT END WITH "FIN".

No ... its more Fellini-esque ... original working title was "all vancouver commuter cyclists are fuckin pieces of shit" :noidea:

btw ... i dont think the canucks mascot makes an appearance in the vid