• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Name some things that drive you fucking nuts

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I'm not saying ban bicycles (not sure what the best solution is) but there seemed to be an overwhelming number of posters here who thought that the drivers of cars are always the assholes. Thought you'd all like to know that there ARE drivers out there who, when they have to share the road with a bicyclist, live in perpetual fear that something wrong may happen and the bicyclist might fall down in front of their car.

If a bike runs into a car, there is a scratch - minimum. If car goes over said bicyclist - well, let's just say that that odd-looking helmet and reflective gear isn't going to do a whole lot of good.

Tucson drivers are especially terrible, worse than anywhere I've ever been, not just with respect to cyclists, but with respect to, well, everything. I'm fairly certain we have the highest run red light rate despite a really lax definition of a run red light.

But I also did mention that there are cyclists who bring the ire upon themselves by disobeying traffic laws. I can't stand them, either. In fact, I usually shout at a cyclist who runs a stop sign or bikes the wrong direction (especially in a bike lane on a major road, so that there is a risk I'll collide head-on with them) or on the sidewalk, or biking at night with no lights, or whatever else if I think they're causing a dangerous situation.

I usually get flipped off.

Just like the old woman in the car did to me when I was in the left lane that one time because I was turning left in about thirty feet. I got over when there was a gap in the traffic, there were three lanes, and she was the only other car on the road with me by the time she caught up to me, but I guess she didn't like that I was turning left (I was still signalling, too, just to be certain my intentions were absolutely clear), so she honked at me from a lane over, and when I looked, she flipped me off and blew past me. I'm not sure why I get flipped off so much.

Anyway, this could all be solved if both sides just obeyed the traffic laws and remained aware of their surroundings. On a narrow, winding road, if a cyclist must be there, they should be as far in the gutter as possible, and probably have flashing lights on their bikes to make themselves more noticeable. Drivers should keep their pace down on these roads independent of bikers in case a car is coming the other way around a blind curve, or nature decides to get suddenly in the way. In the city, it should be pretty easy, to be honest. There are fewer curves and obstructions. Just pay attention, obey the law, and respect the other vehicles. That goes for both drivers and cyclists.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ Show mutual respect for others? Don't infringe on my personal liberties!!! :mad:

Damn commie pinko fags.

/sorry, too many of my co-workers have influenced me

Last edited by a moderator:

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tucson drivers are especially terrible, worse than anywhere I've ever been, not just with respect to cyclists, but with respect to, well, everything. I'm fairly certain we have the highest run red light rate despite a really lax definition of a run red light.

But I also did mention that there are cyclists who bring the ire upon themselves by disobeying traffic laws. I can't stand them, either. In fact, I usually shout at a cyclist who runs a stop sign or bikes the wrong direction (especially in a bike lane on a major road, so that there is a risk I'll collide head-on with them) or on the sidewalk, or biking at night with no lights, or whatever else if I think they're causing a dangerous situation.

I usually get flipped off.

Just like the old woman in the car did to me when I was in the left lane that one time because I was turning left in about thirty feet. I got over when there was a gap in the traffic, there were three lanes, and she was the only other car on the road with me by the time she caught up to me, but I guess she didn't like that I was turning left (I was still signalling, too, just to be certain my intentions were absolutely clear), so she honked at me from a lane over, and when I looked, she flipped me off and blew past me. I'm not sure why I get flipped off so much.

Anyway, this could all be solved if both sides just obeyed the traffic laws and remained aware of their surroundings. On a narrow, winding road, if a cyclist must be there, they should be as far in the gutter as possible, and probably have flashing lights on their bikes to make themselves more noticeable. Drivers should keep their pace down on these roads independent of bikers in case a car is coming the other way around a blind curve, or nature decides to get suddenly in the way. In the city, it should be pretty easy, to be honest. There are fewer curves and obstructions. Just pay attention, obey the law, and respect the other vehicles. That goes for both drivers and cyclists.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yes ... and bike lanes shouldnt be any part of the solution ...just ask Hitler!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No ... its more Fellini-esque ... original working title was "all vancouver commuter cyclists are fuckin pieces of shit" :noidea:

btw ... i dont think the canucks mascot makes an appearance in the vid

As much as my wandering thoughts tried to resist, I couldn't help but wonder when watching that video - were some of these male cyclists named "Mischa?" By the end of the video the horrifying truth had settled in. The dark cloud which had been swirling over my head descended upon me and clothed me in black. They were all named Mischa.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as my wandering thoughts tried to resist, I couldn't help but wonder when watching that video - were some of these male cyclists named "Mischa?" By the end of the video the horrifying truth had settled in. The dark cloud which had been swirling over my head descended upon me and clothed me in black. They were all named Mischa.

As always ww, you had me at mischa (thats what sly said)

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the "all taxes are tyranny" types like my Brother In Law. He also likes to bitch that there are a lot of potholes on the highways where he lives.

How do that work?

Yeah, those ones are fun. I have a friend from high school who became an insane libertarian over the last few years. Believes "the entire concept of taxes is bullshit". Never has much of an answer when I ask him to show me one advanced civilization throughout human history without some form of taxation.

/He's also the one that thinks the 2nd amendment gives him the right to carry a nuke onto an airplane.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind paying taxes, however I do wish we had more of a say in how our tax dollars are spent.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, those ones are fun. I have a friend from high school who became an insane libertarian over the last few years. Believes "the entire concept of taxes is bullshit". Never has much of an answer when I ask him to show me one advanced civilization throughout human history without some form of taxation.

/He's also the one that thinks the 2nd amendment gives him the right to carry a nuke onto an airplane.

Let me guess, he also thinks it's a violation of free speech when someone gets fired for saying they are going to blow up the place where they work?

I don't mind paying taxes, however I do wish we had more of a say in how our tax dollars are spent.

That's why I like local tax levies here. I can agree to certain tax initiatives. Instead of just paying it and not knowing where it goes. It almost feels like I have a say... But some people just vote down anything that is a tax.

Like they had an operating budget increase for the local schools on the ballot a few years ago. The first one, which failed, said "to pay for technology and energy efficient improvements to school facilities". So it got voted down. So the schools cut after school sports to pay for technology and efficiency improvements and the next one passed with flying colors.

And cost each taxpayer more. Dummies.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My mother in law is staying with us for a month.

Wait, there's more.

We have discovered that she has some weird ass psychosis that she doesn't like opened half empty bags of things. The other day, she took the half package of hot dog buns and put them in the half package of hamburger buns. TA-DA! Now only one bag! HAIL COMBINER!

Well, last night she went through the pantry and decided she could not stand for three separate open bags of chips. So she mixed salt and vinegar (which I hate) with Barbecue and Sour Cream and Onion. In one bag.

Great. Now THREE bags of chips are wasted. HOORAAY!

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:10::lol:

The whole whining about taxes thing is far from being exclusive to Americans.

I remember working with a guy who was all in a tizzy about the Canadian government reaching a settlement with Native groups who were affected by residential school abuse back in the day. The settlement was for $90 M. I believe it was a one-time pay out. The conversation went like this.

Me: I don't see how this is such a bad thing. Seems the least that can be done for these communities at this point.

Buddy: It wasn't me who abused those kids!! I wasn't even alive when this happened. Why am I being punished for this?!?!? I don't deserve to be punishd for something that happened before I was born!!

Me: You DO realize that this amounts to less than three dollars per Canadian citizen, right? Is that truly punishing you? I can give you three dollars if you want.

Buddy: :scratch:<long silence> That's not the point!!!! <drinks 5th Mountain Dew of the day>

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have I mentioned that my mother in law is in my house? For a MONTH?

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where do I start. The list below is what I see at or walking to/from the supermarket that's a block away from my house.

1. People who complain about the weather while living in the northeast
2. People who complain that shopping carts get wet as it is pouring/snowing/freezing raining,sleeting outside.
3. People who think the supermarket is a hang out.
4. People who take their own trash from their house and live it in the shopping carts.
5. People who take shopping carts to their home and leave them at the nearest stop sign once there done with them.
6. Parents who leave dirty diapers in shopping carts.

I use to be a cart pusher at Wal-Mart and it can be rediculous what ppl leave in their carts.
It was one time a guy took his cart of groceries to his car but forgot to take them home and left cart of groceries in the middle of the parking lot.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I use to be a cart pusher at Wal-Mart and it can be rediculous what ppl leave in their carts.
It was one time a guy took his cart of groceries to his car but forgot to take them home and left cart of groceries in the middle of the parking lot.
I once left a 12-pack of beer sitting in the undercarriage of the cart. Forgot it was there. I went all the way home, unloaded the car, and then realized it. I went back to the store and luckily it was one of the cart pushers who found it, put it back, and I found him to vouch for me that I did indeed leave it there. I am one lucky SOB (for once).

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could use some chloroform...not for my kid, but for myself.

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright, if one of us is going to ever get that fruit basket we were promised, I nominate Puckhead.

Put some chloroform in it, too.

This, kids, is what happens when you mix a degree in law with a degree in social sciences.