• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Name some things that drive you fucking nuts

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Genius ideas ensue?

a4tlOGL.jpg

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:10::lol:

The whole whining about taxes thing is far from being exclusive to Americans.

I remember working with a guy who was all in a tizzy about the Canadian government reaching a settlement with Native groups who were affected by residential school abuse back in the day. The settlement was for $90 M. I believe it was a one-time pay out. The conversation went like this.

Me: I don't see how this is such a bad thing. Seems the least that can be done for these communities at this point.

Buddy: It wasn't me who abused those kids!! I wasn't even alive when this happened. Why am I being punished for this?!?!? I don't deserve to be punishd for something that happened before I was born!!

Me: You DO realize that this amounts to less than three dollars per Canadian citizen, right? Is that truly punishing you? I can give you three dollars if you want.

Buddy: :scratch:<long silence> That's not the point!!!! <drinks 5th Mountain Dew of the day>

We've got something like that going on in NC. It took 10 years for the state to finally appropriate $10M (from an annual budget of just over $20B - a whopping .05% of the budget) to compensate however many remain alive from the state sanctioned eugenics program which involuntary sterilized an estimated 7500 people over about a 40 year period.

And some people are up in arms about this horrifying spending :L

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright, if one of us is going to ever get that fruit basket we were promised, I nominate Puckhead.

Put some chloroform in it, too.

Hell, give him mine too, when it arrives.

Last night's fun; my youngest (8) was home sick from school. So Grandma let her watch a Goosebumps marathon. ALL DAMN DAY.

So naturally, my wife and I had the little wiggle butt in between us all night because she was convinced the dolls were going to come alive. So, I'm going on about 3 hours sleep today.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something which doesn't just drive me nuts in terms of bothering or peeving me, but in fact could drive me to actual insanity, if it isn't an indication of already existing insanity, is what my brain does to me when I'm sleeping. I have pretty frequent graphic and disturbing nightmares. And last night I had two.

The first was set in what seemed to be Revolutionary America, except, instead of fighting a war, we were playing a twisted game of capture the flag, wherein deception and violence were integral strategies. Most of the combatants wore executioner's hoods, and most of the deaths were by beheading. I was the only one left, and I succeeded in capturing the flag. However, I was tricked somehow into conceding my victory, and was led off to the guillotine.

Without waking up, I cut to my next nightmare, which was less graphic, but at its core probably considerably more twisted and disturbing. I was one of several people staying in what seemed to be a nice treehouse village with an apparently very nice old woman as a caretaker. Every night, though, while sleeping, every person's personality elements interacted as babies or small, adorable creatures in their dreams. I was somehow immune to the splitting of my personality, and the dream seemed pleasant, because I assumed I was just surrounded by cute, friendly things.

However, the old woman was controlling these dreams, and she started killing off the creatures which represented certain personality elements. I watched, for example, a large cartoon caterpillar get punctured and deflated at the hands of another of that same person's personality elements. Eventually, it occurred to me that the old woman was trying to control our behaviors by deleting parts of our personalities in our dreams. One person in particular was being targeted when this occurred to me, and I knew the only way to save him was to wake him up. So I woke up and ran to his hut and started shaking him, but he wouldn't wake up.

Ultimately, I woke up in real life muttering "wake up, please wake up" aloud, curled up with my legs numb and shaking. It took me quite a few minutes to recover.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something which doesn't just drive me nuts in terms of bothering or peeving me, but in fact could drive me to actual insanity, if it isn't an indication of already existing insanity, is what my brain does to me when I'm sleeping. I have pretty frequent graphic and disturbing nightmares. And last night I had two.

The first was set in what seemed to be Revolutionary America, except, instead of fighting a war, we were playing a twisted game of capture the flag, wherein deception and violence were integral strategies. Most of the combatants wore executioner's hoods, and most of the deaths were by beheading. I was the only one left, and I succeeded in capturing the flag. However, I was tricked somehow into conceding my victory, and was led off to the guillotine.

Without waking up, I cut to my next nightmare, which was less graphic, but at its core probably considerably more twisted and disturbing. I was one of several people staying in what seemed to be a nice treehouse village with an apparently very nice old woman as a caretaker. Every night, though, while sleeping, every person's personality elements interacted as babies or small, adorable creatures in their dreams. I was somehow immune to the splitting of my personality, and the dream seemed pleasant, because I assumed I was just surrounded by cute, friendly things.

However, the old woman was controlling these dreams, and she started killing off the creatures which represented certain personality elements. I watched, for example, a large cartoon caterpillar get punctured and deflated at the hands of another of that same person's personality elements. Eventually, it occurred to me that the old woman was trying to control our behaviors by deleting parts of our personalities in our dreams. One person in particular was being targeted when this occurred to me, and I knew the only way to save him was to wake him up. So I woke up and ran to his hut and started shaking him, but he wouldn't wake up.

Ultimately, I woke up in real life muttering "wake up, please wake up" aloud, curled up with my legs numb and shaking. It took me quite a few minutes to recover.

:shocked: Dude...those are...dude...

I'm fairly thankful that I rarely remember dreams.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You've been talking to Comeds too much. It's affecting your nightmares.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've been talking to Comeds too much. It's affecting your nightmares.

Yeah, you need to work more with mattola. He has the good booze. Will fix ya right up. :thumb:

Mrs 43 has really dark dreams like that too. Has a really big effect on her day sometimes. I wish I had some advice to give you on how she deals with it, but I only ever have one response.

And I am NOT rubbing your feet to calm you down.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread just got a little weird...

Last edited by a moderator:

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dude, you HAVE to stop biking along I-75.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
darkstones cooking up some meth in the lab

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You might be able to sell that one.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see Darkstone pulling a Kramer and naming his son Isoceles...