• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Name some things that drive you fucking nuts

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I also don't understand when the constitutional amendment that said that every product sold in stores had to have a picture of one of those bearded retards on it.

I didn't even know ZZ Top was still together.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'd think a guy that works around so many beards would be way more accepting of homosexuality. #DuckDynasty

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I also don't understand when the constitutional amendment that said that every product sold in stores had to have a picture of one of those bearded retards on it.

C'mon, thats uncalled for. I dont think ZZ Top desereved that.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

C'mon, thats uncalled for. I dont think ZZ Top desereved that.

Went looking for the Simpsons clip where Bart thinks the Rabbis are ZZ Top. Couldn't find it in English, but:

Last edited by a moderator:

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This may have appeared earlier in the thread, but it popped up again today with the Duck Dynasty hicks.

People who can't figure out that Freedom of Speech applies to the government or a government sponsored institution only and NOT to private companies and other citizens.

The guy got asked a question and he responded. Fine. A&E - his employer - found his remarks unpleasant and potentially harmful to their business, so they've suspended him from the show. And people are going off about his Freedom of Speech being violated. It drives me nuts. :gaah:

this made me laugh from George Takei

Oh Myyy
5 hours ago
Being upset that Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty has those viewpoints is like complaining that an outhouse smells like crap.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being upset that Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty has those viewpoints is like complaining that an outhouse smells like crap.

538.gif

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting suddenly very close together mass peaks in my mass spec and not having any idea why... It's like the entire spectrum is squeezing together.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting suddenly very close together mass peaks in my mass spec and not having any idea why... It's like the entire spectrum is squeezing together.

are you..

are you...

are you... The Doctor?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

are you..

are you...

are you... The Doctor?

I have a time of flight mass spectrometer (TOF-MS) I use to separate and mass-select ions for my experiments. You accelerate the ions to some kinetic energy, and they separate in time by mass. Usually, I get about 1 microsecond separation of peaks 1 amu apart in mass, but now I have five or six peaks per microsecond, and I don't know which peak is which ion because they're all at the wrong times.

I also need big TOF gaps to avoid contamination in my photoelectron spectra of ions I don't want to study.

So basically, I can't do my research until I get this issue sorted out.

Which means I'll only be a candidate to be a doctor until I get it fixed and can actually do my dissertation research.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a time of flight mass spectrometer (TOF-MS) I use to separate and mass-select ions for my experiments. You accelerate the ions to some kinetic energy, and they separate in time by mass. Usually, I get about 1 microsecond separation of peaks 1 amu apart in mass, but now I have five or six peaks per microsecond, and I don't know which peak is which ion because they're all at the wrong times.

I also need big TOF gaps to avoid contamination in my photoelectron spectra of ions I don't want to study.

Which means I'll only be a candidate to be a doctor until I get it fixed and can actually do my dissertation research.
Yeah, Christmas Mass with all those ions packed together in a tight space and time seeming to run in the magnitude of eons...that drives me fucking crazy, too. At least I can usually get 5 or 6 peeks per prayer at the woman in front of me.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Have you tried reversing the polarity of the tachyon fields?