• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Name some things that drive you fucking nuts

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After working at home for years I am now back in an office. I have avoided colds and stuff for years I guess because I was nt exposed to them. Starting in September I had a cold that turned into bronchitis and had to go through two courses of anti-biotics t and then for fun after that I had a course of antifungals as the doctor thought I got the childrens illness Thrush from being on antibiotics so long. So I am feeling good for the last week, after 3 weeks of feeling just awful. And now the person next to me has pneumonia decided to tough it out and come in. Its probably the same bug I had so I dont expect to catch anything but I am not going to be happy if I do.
Really sick? Then stay home!

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After working at home for years I am now back in an office. I have avoided colds and stuff for years I guess because I was nt exposed to them. Starting in September I had a cold that turned into bronchitis and had to go through two courses of anti-biotics t and then for fun after that I had a course of antifungals as the doctor thought I got the childrens illness Thrush from being on antibiotics so long. So I am feeling good for the last week, after 3 weeks of feeling just awful. And now the person next to me has pneumonia decided to tough it out and come in. Its probably the same bug I had so I dont expect to catch anything but I am not going to be happy if I do.

Edit- as I typed that they realized they were being dumb and just left to go home

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edit- as I typed that they realized they were being dumb and just left to go home

Lucky you. The guy next to me in the office is coughing up a lung. :gaah:

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I took Tuesday off to take my kid to the pumpkin patch with his kindergarten class ... we all met at his class at 8:30 to take attendence and i walked in and it was like a scene from this seasons walking dead ... not the zombie part ... but the ebola virus part ... kids coughing everywhere ... almost in harmony

only took me half the day with the kids before the plague set in with me :gaah:

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Its annoying isnt it?

It would bother me less if I hadnt been sick for the last month. I really dont want to feel bad again, I just got off meds on Tuesday, and I cannot financially afford to miss any work right now. It would be unpaid leave.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its annoying isnt it?

It would bother me less if I hadnt been sick for the last month. I really dont want to feel bad again, I just got off meds on Tuesday, and I cannot financially afford to miss any work right now. It would be unpaid leave.

Yea, that sucks. And yes, it's really annoying, especially when it's every 5 friggin' seconds.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I took Tuesday off to take my kid to the pumpkin patch with his kindergarten class ... we all met at his class at 8:30 to take attendence and i walked in and it was like a scene from this seasons walking dead ... not the zombie part ... but the ebola virus part ... kids coughing everywhere ... almost in harmony

only took me half the day with the kids before the plague set in with me :gaah:

ZombieKids.jpg

blindbaby

i want to bang on the drum all day
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Unless you're like a bubble-boy or something, it's highly unlikely you'll get sick again so soon.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1

at my work, you get a certain amount of days off... if you take a day off sick, that's one less you can use for holidays.
which kind of sucks if you get sick, but means a fair chunk of holidays if you are not.

point is - it encourages sick people to come in.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at my work, you get a certain amount of days off... if you take a day off sick, that's one less you can use for holidays.
which kind of sucks if you get sick, but means a fair chunk of holidays if you are not.

Which is stupid.

The best way to deal with it, so people don't take advantage of the system, but also don't come in sick and reduce the productivity of those around them, is to allow some number of sick days, fairly small, maybe seven or something, which require no doctor's excuse, but don't count against your holiday time.

If you are very sick, and on doctor's orders to stay home (or, of course, in the hospital), you get time off, because you really don't have a choice, and it doesn't count against those sick days.

People don't work the whole time they're at work anyway. Making people come in when they're sick just makes that even worse.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is stupid.

The best way to deal with it, so people don't take advantage of the system, but also don't come in sick and reduce the productivity of those around them, is to allow some number of sick days, fairly small, maybe seven or something, which require no doctor's excuse, but don't count against your holiday time.

If you are very sick, and on doctor's orders to stay home (or, of course, in the hospital), you get time off, because you really don't have a choice, and it doesn't count against those sick days.

People don't work the whole time they're at work anyway. Making people come in when they're sick just makes that even worse.

It's the same way where I work. Just a pool of days off. And everyone tries to bank them to take most of December off, so in February and in the fall it's like the walking dead around there. 187 different flu strains rolling around. I am glad I work in a secured room with only four other guys. I don't have to interact with the populace much.

And fortunately my boss' standing rule is "If you're trying to save a day by working sick - DO IT AT HOME". She doesn't want us bringing our germs in, and is really lenient about letting us work from home.

That reminds me, I have to figure out what to do with five days this year.

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

we get 6 sick days a year with no effect on our vacation time.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless you're like a bubble-boy or something, it's highly unlikely you'll get sick again so soon.

I know that, at least I do in the back of my head. I was just sick long enough that I was nervous listening to someone cough up a lung. Right after that person left, the boss came into my cubicle and told me how his cold is back. And then talked to me for 5 minutes.

I feel good though. No worries.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
daylight savings time

thequietone

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where do I start. The list below is what I see at or walking to/from the supermarket that's a block away from my house.

1. People who complain about the weather while living in the northeast
2. People who complain that shopping carts get wet as it is pouring/snowing/freezing raining,sleeting outside.
3. People who think the supermarket is a hang out.
4. People who take their own trash from their house and live it in the shopping carts.
5. People who take shopping carts to their home and leave them at the nearest stop sign once there done with them.
6. Parents who leave dirty diapers in shopping carts.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Google celebrating a dead person's birthday and listing their age, not their dates. A couple times I have been fooled and thought "wow, that persons 104!" only to find they died 30 years ago