• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Name some things that drive you fucking nuts

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of days I bring a book with me to work to read on my lunch break. I get tired of looking at a screen all day so a book helps. I like George Pelecanos, hes a good writer and has worked on numerous TV shows I like too. The new author photo on the back cover though? Creepy and I have to carry the book cover out so I feel weird.
GeorgePelecanosCreditMaxHirshfeld-682x1024.jpg

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Soccer moms in Giant, unnecessary SUVs, inchworming all along shopping centers.

43.5 ran into the back of a Ford Expedition yesterday on a road outside a shopping center she has to pass on the way between schools. Couldn't see around the hunk of shit, and didn't get her cabrio stopped in time when the lady stopped short on a yellow light.

Poor kid was hysterical.

She's fine. Car's jacked up bad. Trailer hitch (YEAH RIGHT, BITCH LIKE YOU'RE EVER TOWING SOMETHING ON THE WAY TO PANERA) went right through the VW logo. Bent the hood, trashed the grill and bumper cover and may have stabbed the radiator. She was going, at most, 20.

Not a scratch on the giant rolling death pile. Fucking cow.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad timing for you 43. Your story about your daughter getting into a car accident is going to look silly coming after my story about being embarrased to carry my book back cover out.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Soccer moms in Giant, unnecessary SUVs, inchworming all along shopping centers.

43.5 ran into the back of a Ford Expedition yesterday on a road outside a shopping center she has to pass on the way between schools. Couldn't see around the hunk of shit, and didn't get her cabrio stopped in time when the lady stopped short on a yellow light.

Poor kid was hysterical.

She's fine. Car's jacked up bad. Trailer hitch (YEAH RIGHT, BITCH LIKE YOU'RE EVER TOWING SOMETHING ON THE WAY TO PANERA) went right through the VW logo. Bent the hood, trashed the grill and bumper cover and may have stabbed the radiator. She was going, at most, 20.

Not a scratch on the giant rolling death pile. Fucking cow.

Glad to hear that 43.5 is okay - Sounds like the cabrio may be a write-off, but on the bright side, now you can upgrade to a VW Golf R :D

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
same thing happened to me in Oct last year ... rearended a raised monster truck (it even had a set of brass bull balls on the hitch lol

it fucked my rad something fierce

wasnt his fault really though ... car in front of him instead of going straight when the light went green ... stopped, flashed his left turn signal and waited to turn .... THIS WAS IN AN INTERSECTION THAT HAD A LEFT TURN LANE SO HE WAS TURNING FROM A NON TURNING LANE :L

monster truck managed to stop ... i didnt ... bang ... govt insurer (icbc) did not believe our stories :L wanted a 3rd witness ... never thought I would be "one of those people" (lol) who posted one of those signs at an accident scene "witness wanted"

in the end ... i couldnt find another witness :noidea:

it was on me though ... Ill own it ... i should have left more room and been more attentive

but if i ever find that circa 2008 black accord again ... somethings shakin down

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
same thing happened to me in Oct last year ... rearended a raised monster truck (it even had a set of brass bull balls on the hitch lol

it fucked my rad something fierce

wasnt his fault really though ... car in front of him instead of going straight when the light went green ... stopped, flashed his left turn signal and waited to turn .... THIS WAS IN AN INTERSECTION THAT HAD A LEFT TURN LANE SO HE WAS TURNING FROM A NON TURNING LANE :L

monster truck managed to stop ... i didnt ... bang ... govt insurer (icbc) did not believe our stories :L wanted a 3rd witness ... never thought I would be "one of those people" (lol) who posted one of those signs at an accident scene "witness wanted"

in the end ... i couldnt find another witness :noidea:

it was on me though ... Ill own it ... i should have left more room and been more attentive

but if i ever find that circa 2008 black accord again ... somethings shakin down

Should be easy to find. I mean, it's not like there's that many black Accords out there. :rollseyes:

blindbaby

i want to bang on the drum all day
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Green algae/moss on driveways now drives me nuts. I just hit a patch of it dropping something off, wiped out, fucked up the back and sliced open a finger. None of what happened was too severe and could have been a lot worse if I didn't have cat like reflex's.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to hear that 43.5 is okay - Sounds like the cabrio may be a write-off, but on the bright side, now you can upgrade to a VW Golf R :D

After how long it took to find her a Blue Cabrio that wasn't trashed inside, I am NOT looking forward to going on that hunt again.

She may get a Jetta and a "too bad" face from me.

Worst part is she won't get the lesson of "Canvas roof in an Ohio winter was a poor life choice" :D

"I really want a blue Cabrio, dad. And I've saved this much..."

And Comeds, I wonder if that woman in the SUV was distracted by your book jacket... How close were you to Ohio yesterday?

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today I learned that when you choose your own body shop, it really pisses insurance companies off.

There is a body shop chain here locally that runs commercials basically calling insurance companies criminals and they have a section of their website with details on what your insurance company is going to say to try and screw you. And so far, it has been word for word what my Ins Co has tried.

So, I drive the car over to them last night and leave it. They planned to take it to their central shop today for tear down and estimate. My Insurance Company quickly sent someone out there this morning who called me and said "Car's totaled, we'll let you know how much we're paying". So I called the guy and asked him what he found.

He gave me a list of things. Said both headlights are destroyed, neither is. Said a part underneath the hood is damaged. The hood won't open, there is no way he'd know it is. He also said there was damage on a "quarter panel". The rear, which was not hit in this incident, but was damaged when we bought the car and I chose t ignore it. The guy was just a total douche, and didn't like the questions.

Seems that the shop I chose has a "Disassembly and assessment fee" that is charged no matter what. They take the car in, tear it down and assess each piece. And the Insurance companies have to pay that, no matter the outcome and they are legally not allowed to tack it onto the cost of the repairs, so they estimate high in hopes I will tell them to cut me a check and be on with it.

But my daughter LOVES that car. I am going to fight to save it.

Oh, and don't trust this bitch.
flo-savings.png;pv03641c7e4c7d248a

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^

I had a similar experience about a year ago or so when some punks smashed the passenger window on my BMW. I wanted to take my car to the guy who specializes in BMW's and I got approval from my insurance company that I could use his shop. When he comes back with a quote, the insurance company says it's too high and that if I wanted to use him, I would have to pay the difference (which was about $100). I said you're kidding right? Nope, not kidding.

To make a long story short, I paid the $100 difference. Friggin insurance companies.

Last edited by a moderator:

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People who don't know the proper distance from you when your at the ATM

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Ohio no fault? What about the various parts of Canada?

I grew up with no fault in NY, but was thrilled to learn that NC isn't a no-fault state. Got rear-ended a few months back (not real hard, car 1 SLAMS into car 2, hits car 2 into me), took it in for an estimate, got a check for $600 from car 1's driver's insurance. Still haven't fixed the bumper.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyone see where I left my pants? i hate that.

lhagen931

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate when people shove their carts into my ass.

lhagen931

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where do I start. The list below is what I see at or walking to/from the supermarket that's a block away from my house.

1. People who complain about the weather while living in the northeast
2. People who complain that shopping carts get wet as it is pouring/snowing/freezing raining,sleeting outside.
3. People who think the supermarket is a hang out.
4. People who take their own trash from their house and live it in the shopping carts.
5. People who take shopping carts to their home and leave them at the nearest stop sign once there done with them.
6. Parents who leave dirty diapers in shopping carts.

I hate that, too. It pisses me off.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dislike the IAEN. Where insurance companies get most of their stats.

That's the Institute for Anally Extracted Numbers (ie: You pulled the number out of your ass). On a positive note, I am getting quite adept at debunking them.

It helped that some lunatic just listed a car 3 years older than my daughters with far fewer options for sale for 2 grand more than they think her car is worth. So I finally got the value I thought I should get.

Also, the body shop needed an education in how to use specialized tools like Google and Ebay. Their quote said it was totaled just based on hood (700) and headlights (300 each) and Grill (450).

I just put the headlights in in June for 120 total and found a replacement hood for 105 shipped to my door. So I called Bullshit and the person was like, "we have tools that we have to use". So I let them know about that little known thing called a "search engine". And "eBay".

Their response to that was, "we have used parts from places like that, but they always arrive broken". Yeah, everything you have bought online has been broken.

"You do know you can return them, right? Consumers do have rights."

"Uhhhh"

Oh, and I must reiterate. Fuck you, Flo.