• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Name some things that drive you fucking nuts

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I become a serial killer, I am going to prey exclusively on car salesmen. That way, no one will give a fuck about the victims and I can go on forever.

higgyfan4

Bossman you'll be missed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I become a serial killer, I am going to prey exclusively on car salesmen. That way, no one will give a fuck about the victims and I can go on forever.

If Dexter Morgan can, so can you! Although he didn't kill them exclusively, but he did kill at least 1 that I remember.

If I were to become a serial killer, I think I would go the stockbroker route. I worked at a brokerage firm back in MI many years ago, and most of them were complete and utter assholes.

Yeah, stockbrokers would be my choice...

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you're driving and the car ahead of you is making a left turn into a driveway, another street or whatever. Even though you can clearly see that no cars are oncoming, they stay in the lane all the way until it's time to turn.

Move over into the other fucking lane so I and possibly others behind me don't have to slow down to 5mph.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Dexter Morgan can, so can you! Although he didn't kill them exclusively, but he did kill at least 1 that I remember.

If I were to become a serial killer, I think I would go the stockbroker route. I worked at a brokerage firm back in MI many years ago, and most of them were complete and utter assholes.

Yeah, stockbrokers would be my choice...

I need to watch Dexter, seeing as he and I have similar jobs and homicidal tendencies towards the worthless factions of society. I have kind of avoided it because I am somewhat prone to suggestion.

And you will be happy to know that I have put a few stock brokers in PMITA Prison.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have kind of avoided it because I am somewhat prone to suggestion.

family-guy-smoke.jpg

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you're driving and the car ahead of you is making a left turn into a driveway, another street or whatever. Even though you can clearly see that no cars are oncoming, they stay in the lane all the way until it's time to turn.

Move over into the other fucking lane so I and possibly others behind me don't have to slow down to 5mph.

(None of this is directed at you, Jims, just a rant)

I hate when I'm driving and making a left turn into a driveway, another street, or whatever, and there IS an oncoming car and the ASSHOLE behind me decides that I can make the turn, drifts to the right, and doesn't slow down.

Hey, ASSHOLE, I have the right to drive defensively. I have the right to drive safely. I don't have the ability to teleport through other cars, and if you rear end me, you are liable and I will sue you for a BETTER car than the one I was driving before.

ASSHOLE.

higgyfan4

Bossman you'll be missed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need to watch Dexter, seeing as he and I have similar jobs and homicidal tendencies towards the worthless factions of society. I have kind of avoided it because I am somewhat prone to suggestion.

And you will be happy to know that I have put a few stock brokers in PMITA Prison.

The first 4 seasons are now streaming on Netflix. You don't really need to see past that. Those were the best seasons anyways.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People who don't respect your time. I mean, I picked a profession where thank yous are few and far between, and my hours tend to be a bit all over in the busy season (aka FALL), but you still need to give me respect as a professional you roided up a-hole wrestlers. Another GA and I worked a wrestling tourney last weekend, and one: a ref treated me like a custodian for blood instead of a healthcare professional. Bigger issue: one wrestler gashed his head open (like needing stitches bad), my GA friend looked at it, said it was bad and probably should stop...athlete's response "Fuck no, just fucking wrap it." *twitches*
In regard to respecting time...I told an athlete that I would stay a bit later so they could heat before a pool workout, I waited 20 minutes past the time that she was supposed to meet, 40 minutes past when I could've left...so I left. Buh.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pens outshooting their opponents yet getting outscored on a regular basis.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yesterday I dropped off my car for servicing and it took 15 minutes for me to get to talk to the service technician guy AND I WAS THE ONLY PERSON IN LINE!!!

the reason????

old lady chattin up a storm with the guy ... first 7 minutes Id say I was steamed ... then it slowly subsided as the exchange she was havng with the dude got more and more comical ... she asked him if he was single (tried to set him up with her granddaughter) ... dude gave her the visa pdt to pay for the service she got ... she is still talking away ... doesnt end up entering the correct pin code so that transaction is cancelled ... then she pulls out a box of chocolates and gifts it to the dude which he accepts ... he tries to get her to re-process the visa transaction and she starts talking about how her husband used to have a ford and it was always being worked on (starts listing off the history of repairs in great detail) ... now the visa transaction times out ... he says to me ... "I'll be with you shortly" ... she says "pardon?"

so service guy gets old lady on track for a 3rd attempt at processing this visa transaction and she says she is either struggling to remember her pin or needs to put on her glasses to make sure she is punching the right numbers

so she puts on her glasses takes the visa terminal into her left hand extends her arm out as far as she can and backs her head up (idk??? farsighted??? bifocals on the fritz???) ... extends her right hand to the terminal to start punching in the pin ... CLEAR AS DAY ... if anyone was in line with me they would have seen it too

PIN: 1 ... 2 ... 3 ... 4

:L

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ObamaCare. Lets just say it's confusing & I think that's being kind.

The heart of it is simple: make sure everyone has access to healthcare.

Unfortunately, as is the case for most of the laws and programs on the federal books, it attempts to accomplish that end through a convoluted mess of legal language almost no one understands, if they even bothered to read it in the first place.

I wonder how many problems would disappear if we just took care to be concise and direct in our lawmaking, cutting out nonessential details. I'm sure clever writing could eliminate loopholes without explicitly stating they can't be used. There's always the option to just say it's illegal to find loopholes, as one document I read did. :rolleyes:

But seriously, are people writing these bills to confuse everyone else?

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The heart of it is simple: make sure everyone has access to healthcare.

Unfortunately, as is the case for most of the laws and programs on the federal books, it attempts to accomplish that end through a convoluted mess of legal language almost no one understands, if they even bothered to read it in the first place.

I wonder how many problems would disappear if we just took care to be concise and direct in our lawmaking, cutting out nonessential details. I'm sure clever writing could eliminate loopholes without explicitly stating they can't be used. There's always the option to just say it's illegal to find loopholes, as one document I read did. :rolleyes:

But seriously, are people writing these bills to confuse everyone else?

They are writing the bills to make them difficult on instruction from the lobbyists that are paying them to do so. Lobbyists paid for by companies who are trying to figure out how to profit the most from it all.