• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Name some things that drive you fucking nuts

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Craigslist is always an adventure.

But the important question here is are you selling any old bicycles?

There actually is a circa 1980's free spirit 10 speed (junker)

I was thinking about walking it to the park and propping it up against a random chain link fence but then I took 3 - 53 L rubbermaid containers of miscellaneous copper, copper wiring, nails, screws and steel to the metal recycling place yesterday and they gave me a cheque for $177

thinking of taking up metal theft as a hobby now

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There actually is a circa 1980's free spirit 10 speed (junker)

I was thinking about walking it to the park and propping it up against a random chain link fence but then I took 3 - 53 L rubbermaid containers of miscellaneous copper, copper wiring, nails, screws and steel to the metal recycling place yesterday and they gave me a cheque for $177

thinking of taking up metal theft as a hobby now

A few years back there was some guy in New Jersey that would go along the highways in the middle of the night and stripping them of their guard rails, then selling that metal. It was a problem for about 2 months before they finally caught him. Quit while you're ahead.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few years back there was some guy in New Jersey that would go along the highways in the middle of the night and stripping them of their guard rails, then selling that metal. It was a problem for about 2 months before they finally caught him. Quit while you're ahead.

lol i know ... its a huge problem up these parts (ie heroin addicts need to feed) ... people have been electrocuted trying to steal wiring ... people have cut into foot thick underground fibreoptic cabling ... the utility companies get slammed with this

the steel recycling place i went to is reputable ... they follow all the regulations and take driver license info from you ... alot of the smaller ones dont though

local news did a sting operation on one smaller recycler that was paying people who brought in sewer/drainage grates :L

Money down the drain for Vancouver as 47 catch basin grates stolen by metal thieves

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My teller job at TD Bank drives me insane, this town is full of assholes and crazy people lol

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Racists and bigots. And Hispanics.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
yes my house still smells acrid, thankyewverrmuch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When people walk out in front of me while I'm biking and then just stand there.

It's happened in two of the last three days. The first was a runner who decided he was going to abandon the sidewalk in favor of the bike lane. No one was coming the other way, the sidewalk was unobstructed, but he just wanted to be in the bike lane, I guess, and he hopped onto it just as I was going past. I shouted at him, but he had his headphones in and paid no mind, and I just barely fit between him on my right and the car on my left when I swerved in a panic to avoid him.

Today, a girl who just finished running was standing on the side of the bike lane. She stepped out into the bike lane, looking at me, and just stood there, right in my way. I had to swerve to avoid her, dodging between her and a guy walking across from the other side, paying no mind to the biker coming the other way.

I'm going to run one of them over or get hit by a car trying to avoid them soon if this keeps up.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We just had one of out IT Security guys infect our network with malware. Seems he believes he is smart enough to not need anti-virus on his system and he is also smart enough to recognize bad files on sight.

What he's NOT smart enough to do, apparently is show all extension names so as to not be taken in by a file that is <badfilename>.txt.exe. His system is set to hide known extension types. And it is also set to autoplay. Someone says "hey, I got this weird file in email and didn't open it. Can you tell what it is?"

I sent it to our malware analysis lab.

This twit opens it on his desktop connected to our network. "It was just a text file". No, genius. It wasn't.

And then he had to go into the war room with all of IT and business leaders and explain what he did.

I don't expect he'll be here much longer.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Working 10 out of the next 11 days pisses me off. Only off on Monday so I can go to the Rangers home opener.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We just had one of out IT Security guys infect our network with malware. Seems he believes he is smart enough to not need anti-virus on his system and he is also smart enough to recognize bad files on sight.

What he's NOT smart enough to do, apparently is show all extension names so as to not be taken in by a file that is <badfilename>.txt.exe. His system is set to hide known extension types. And it is also set to autoplay. Someone says "hey, I got this weird file in email and didn't open it. Can you tell what it is?"

I sent it to our malware analysis lab.

This twit opens it on his desktop connected to our network. "It was just a text file". No, genius. It wasn't.

And then he had to go into the war room with all of IT and business leaders and explain what he did.

I don't expect he'll be here much longer.

He should NOT be working in IT.

Especially if the thing said right in its title that it was a bad file. :whistle:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hearing that the servers at SAP TechEd in Las Vegas are apparently under a DDoS (Distributed Denial of Service) attack. That kind of stuff drives me nuts.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hearing that the servers at SAP TechEd in Las Vegas are apparently under a DDoS (Distributed Denial of Service) attack. That kind of stuff drives me nuts.

Depends on who the target is. ;)