• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Name some things that drive you fucking nuts

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get possibly wanting the kids to stay on the same team.

When I played as a kid, there was another kid being raised by a single mom. At his mom's request, he and I were always on the same team because she was unable to get him to most practices and maybe only about 50% of games because of work. In that case though it was a "marriage of convenience" since my parents could pick him up and drop him off or watch him before/after if necessary.

In your case though, I say screw 'em. Play hardball. If they are that insistent, they stay down because the skater isn't ready. Weakest link and all that.

We have another kid in a similar situation, and we made that request work. The big issue here is that the parents want the other one to move "up" because the first kid did. And he wouldn't have if we only had six "minor" goalies.

Commish is pretty pissed off now. So I think it's a hard line. Possibly both in minor AND on different teams. Which means I don't get him or the other problem child. :D

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jason Botchford thinks Rick Reilly is lucky he didnt report a cock joke #mediaethics

Hahahahha, really though, who tries to one over their father in law?! Dude didn't misquote him, he fabricated a conversation. And the fact that his father in law asked him to retract it, and he didn't is incriminating enough. What a tool.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahahahha, really though, who tries to one over their father in law?! Dude didn't misquote him, he fabricated a conversation. And the fact that his father in law asked him to retract it, and he didn't is incriminating enough. What a tool.

:suds:

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish the Reillys celebrated Canadian thanksgiving ... i would have invited myself to dinner

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
come home today, my home is filled with acrid smoke.
my mother in law burned the shit out of something at some point during the day, and was too fucking stupid to close the door to her kitchen, turn a fan on, or pretty much anything. or maybe NOT burn the shit out of things. I've been home for 20 minutes and have a headache. That'll take a good week for the smell to dissipate.
that must be four times now that she has filled the house with smoke. fucking idiot.

:gaah:

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the fucking idiot is the one who allowed the mother in law in the house in the first place. ;)

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
the fucking idiot is the one who allowed the mother in law in the house in the first place. ;)

a happy wife is a happy life, they said
it will be nice to have family close, they said
she can help out with the child, they said

:L

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you think I moved to Florida away from the family BEFORE having our child? :)

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

After a few years, "let's get away from these people" she said :nod:

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe you can cure her from being an arsonist, they said.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive been cleaning out the garage so my wife can finally park in it lol ... its been the dumping zone ever since we moved in ... kinda like something you would see in Hoarders ... lots of junk still in there from the previous homeowners (we moved in in 2003 :L )

anyhoo ... im using craigslist to clear out the junk ... its been going pretty good ... sold some cedar siding ... our old kitchen sink and faucet ... an old chair even ... person arrives with agreed upon cash ... hands over cash ... takes item ... i help them load it ... handshake ... done ... 5 to 10 minutes of my time tops

then i try to sell a danby wine chiller/mini fridge

guy asks me over the phone if price of $60 is firm ... i say yes ... he comes last sunday FROM CHILLIWACK (thats 60 miles from me)

asks me if Ill take $50

*slow burn*

price is $60 i say

let me phone my wife he says ... goes to truck ... 15 minutes later he emerges and says "no deal"

ok bud no problem i say (enjoy the 120 miles youve just travelled)

email from him this morning ... "is that fridge still available?"

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive been cleaning out the garage so my wife can finally park in it lol ... its been the dumping zone ever since we moved in ... kinda like something you would see in Hoarders ... lots of junk still in there from the previous homeowners (we moved in in 2003 :L )

anyhoo ... im using craigslist to clear out the junk ... its been going pretty good ... sold some cedar siding ... our old kitchen sink and faucet ... an old chair even ... person arrives with agreed upon cash ... hands over cash ... takes item ... i help them load it ... handshake ... done ... 5 to 10 minutes of my time tops

guy asks me over the phone if price of $60 is firm ... i say yes ... he comes last sunday FROM CHILLIWACK (thats 60 miles from me)

asks me if Ill take $50

*slow burn*

price is $60 i say

let me phone my wife he says ... goes to truck ... 15 minutes later he emerges and says "no deal"

yeah you never answered me is it still available. will you take $50?

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

asks me if Ill take $50

*slow burn*

price is $60 i say

Craigslist is always an adventure.

But the important question here is are you selling any old bicycles?

higgyfan4

Bossman you'll be missed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love my in laws, get along great with them. My husband got along well with both my parents when they were still alive. Probably because none of them were the 'meddlesome' type.

Could also be that his parents live in Philly, so we don't see them much, just on the phone and Skye occasionally.