• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Name some things that drive you fucking nuts

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Higgy will not be pleased, but Jimmy Krack Korn...

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a minor fender bender

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
0389107_17914_MC_Tx360.jpg

"Do you feel this vehicle is safe for highway travel?"

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Transporting gas in garbage bags will get u everytime!

[ame="[MEDIA=twitter]387398178741313536[/MEDIA]"][/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Autotune.

And every fuckwit who ever thought it was a good idea or thinks it sounds good, and all the talentless hacks who depend on it.

Fuck you Andy Hildebrand.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Autotune.

And every fuckwit who ever thought it was a good idea or thinks it sounds good, and all the talentless hacks who depend on it.

Please. :hand:

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Autotune.

Autotune the News is funny sometimes too.

If you revise your statement to say any person who claims to be a real musician/artist who uses Autotune, I would be behind you 1000%.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agreed...oh, and all the clueless idiots who think someone is a good musician/artist and doesn't even notice the autotune difference.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Autotune the News is funny sometimes too.

If you revise your statement to say any person who claims to be a real musician/artist who uses Autotune, I would be behind you 1000%.

If you can't perform your song during a power outage, you are not a musician.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hockey parents.

There's this kid. He's an 02 birthday. And in the strictest of terms at the Pee Wee division 01 are "major" and 02 are "minor". This kid is a goalie, and can skate out okay. Across divisions, we have six teams and 10 kids wanting to play goal. 3 01s and 7 02s. And one of the 01s, the starting goalie for the 01 select team doesn't want to play 100% of house games in goal so he can stay in touch with the flow of the game.

So we decided to move the one 02 kid up to play goal on the "major" team because he was most prepared to play goal at that level and will not be a huge liability when skating out. That gives us 6 remaining goalies to split among the 3 "minor" teams. Perfect, right?

Well, no. See goalie kid is friends with another 02 kid. And goalie's mom and other kid's dad got to talking (probably pillow talk) and they REALLY want the two buddies to play together. Skater kid is *not* ready to play "major". So, fine, we can shuffle teams a bit and move the next best goalie/skater up to "major" and put this kid back in "minor" with his friend (probably on my team with my son who spent all last pond hockey season with the game he could play against goalie kid circled on his calendar - oil and water). Because skater kid is already on my team. And my other goalie is pretty sharp, but not a great skater.

So, we work out the teams, put goalie and skater kid together on a different minor team and move another problem child to my team (He hates when I'm there at practice because when he goofs off, I make him do pushups). I like it because I keep my steady if unspectacular goaltending tandem, and don't have to deal with either mom or dad.

Now, skater kid's dad is threatening to remove his son (I say let him). And now Goalie's DAD is saying "fuck that kid, my son wants to play "major". There have been, I shit you not, 31 emails between coaches today trying to sort out what to do. I don't want goalie kid on my team because his mom EARNS the "c" name (and is probably the only person I've ever met that I'd give it to) and I don't want to deal with her (She told her son that he doesn't need to listen to me because I must not be a good goalie if I never played college or pro), and my son will beat his ass before the end of the season.

All because of some dumb ass stigma attached to "Major" vs "Minor". I told the commish to leave me with problem child 2, and call the dad's bluff about yanking the skater. Either way, if the dad yanks the skater DO NOT move the goalie back to major. You just can't keep some people happy.

*whew* I feel much better having vented a bit.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get possibly wanting the kids to stay on the same team.

When I played as a kid, there was another kid being raised by a single mom. At his mom's request, he and I were always on the same team because she was unable to get him to most practices and maybe only about 50% of games because of work. In that case though it was a "marriage of convenience" since my parents could pick him up and drop him off or watch him before/after if necessary.

In your case though, I say screw 'em. Play hardball. If they are that insistent, they stay down because the skater isn't ready. Weakest link and all that.