• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Name some things that drive you fucking nuts

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:laugh3:
I ordered a scotch at a bar and asked for it neat. The bartender asked me what I meant by that, and if I wanted ice. :burt:

People who post funny shit right as I'm taking a drink and almost make me spit it up.

(you were so close, D'stone)

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I ordered a scotch at a bar and asked for it neat. The bartender asked me what I meant by that, and if I wanted ice. :burt:

LOL

way back in the caveman days before "Value Meals" I walked up to the counter at McDonald's and ordered a large fry. The kid behind the counter asked "Do you want fries with that?"

So I paused. "Yes".

He looked at the register for a second, then back at me, then back at the register. Then he rung up two large fries.

I didn't even argue.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

way back in the caveman days before "Value Meals" I walked up to the counter at McDonald's and ordered a large fry. The kid behind the counter asked "Do you want fries with that?"

So I paused. "Yes".

He looked at the register for a second, then back at me, then back at the register. Then he rung up two large fries.

I didn't even argue.

Went through the drive thru at a McD. Driver orders a double Fillet-o-Fish, only to be told that they aren't offering the double anymore, just the regular.

He asks if they could make him a double.

Long pause then the clerk says "hang on" and walks away, coming back about 30 seconds later. "Manager says we can make it but it will cost extra."

Driver responds: "OK, how much extra?"

Looong pause. "Hang on" and walks away.

We just drove away at that point.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L
So, this was on Yahoo news, concerning the name "Redskins":
On Saturday, President Barack Obama weighed in on the controversy, telling the Associated Press that if he were Snyder, he'd consider a name change.

“If I were the owner of the team and I knew that there was a name of my team — even if it had a storied history — that was offending a sizable group of people, I’d think about changing it," Obama said.

And this, is an actual and completely unedited retort from someone on my facebooks who I *have* to be nice to, lest Thanksgiving dinner be MORE uncomfortable:

I thought I couldn't dislike Obama any more then I already did...until now. Why aren't the 5-8% of Atheists calling for the New Orleans Saints to change their name? Why don't the members of AA find the Milwaukee Brewers name offensive?? The stupidity of some in this country knows no bounds.

This has elicited many "Right on!" responses. And apparently is what passes for a coherent argument nowadays. This same guy has been fucking the "Brewers" chicken for a year now. Saying it should be changed because it makes alcoholics feel bad about being alcoholics.

Pretty sure that "Saint" and "Brewer" are not racial slurs towards Athiests and Alcoholcs, respectively.

The best response comment was how Wake Forest has to change their name because the good Deacons of the country don't want to be associated with Demons. I kid you not.

Yes, the stupidity of some in this country is pretty astounding. Holy miss the fucking point Batman.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Flames should change their name because they give arsonists a bad rap...

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, this was on Yahoo news, concerning the name "Redskins":
On Saturday, President Barack Obama weighed in on the controversy, telling the Associated Press that if he were Snyder, he'd consider a name change.

“If I were the owner of the team and I knew that there was a name of my team — even if it had a storied history — that was offending a sizable group of people, I’d think about changing it," Obama said.

And this, is an actual and completely unedited retort from someone on my facebooks who I *have* to be nice to, lest Thanksgiving dinner be MORE uncomfortable:

I thought I couldn't dislike Obama any more then I already did...until now. Why aren't the 5-8% of Atheists calling for the New Orleans Saints to change their name? Why don't the members of AA find the Milwaukee Brewers name offensive?? The stupidity of some in this country knows no bounds.

This has elicited many "Right on!" responses. And apparently is what passes for a coherent argument nowadays. This same guy has been fucking the "Brewers" chicken for a year now. Saying it should be changed because it makes alcoholics feel bad about being alcoholics.

Pretty sure that "Saint" and "Brewer" are not racial slurs towards Athiests and Alcoholcs, respectively.

The best response comment was how Wake Forest has to change their name because the good Deacons of the country don't want to be associated with Demons. I kid you not.

Yes, the stupidity of some in this country is pretty astounding. Holy miss the fucking point Batman.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHLSDFH:SLDFHSLDFH

It's a horrible, horrible name. I don't like how the Indians/Braves continue racial stereotypes, but the names themselves are horrible. Redskins...literally a racial slur. "Noww cominggg to the platttte for the Sannn Frannnsissscooo Chinkkkkks..." or the "Atttlannnntttaaa *n-wordsss*". Are you kidding?

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure I've already mentioned litterbugs, but don't want to scroll all the way through this thread to check.

Litter in public parks or near appropriate receptacles is especially irritating to me.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Flames should change their name because they give arsonists a bad rap...

Yeah and what about people like me who have a grey pullover? Huh? A "Blue Jacket" is just NOT in my closet.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHLSDFH:SLDFHSLDFH

It's a horrible, horrible name. I don't like how the Indians/Braves continue racial stereotypes, but the names themselves are horrible. Redskins...literally a racial slur. "Noww cominggg to the platttte for the Sannn Frannnsissscooo Chinkkkkks..." or the "Atttlannnntttaaa *n-wordsss*". Are you kidding?

I am going to start calling his team the Washington Honkies.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*n-wordsss*"

ot in an ot ... but I went to see Dave Chappelle last night and I must have heard that word about 178 times in 1 hour and 20 mins

it did not drive me nuts although it did bust my gut

blindbaby

i want to bang on the drum all day
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going to start calling his team the Washington Honkies.

lol

Used to get called that all the time when we'd play soccer against Alert Bay (heavy Native Canadian west coast community).

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ot in an ot ... but I went to see Dave Chappelle last night and I must have heard that word about 178 times in 1 hour and 20 mins

it did not drive me nuts although it did bust my gut

There are two words I can't handle. That word and the c-word. Can't do it. Don't say it around me. And no, I don't mean cracka'.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of those guys have ever been in my kitchen.