• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Name some things that drive you fucking nuts

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little perspective...be glad you aren't going through what I went through. Not only was my ipod stolen but my wife's wallet out of the glove compartment...had to change all our credit cards, put a fraud alert on our credit reports, etc, etc. It was a hellacious time.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did ever share my car theft experience? I had a Shelby Daytona that had ALL my hockey gear in the back. Goalie and skater stuff. Two bags. It was jacked from in front of my then girlfriend (now wife) parent's house.

I spent a week hitting every Play it Again Sports and rink with descriptions of the gear in case someone tried to sell it. Then we started going round and round with insurance. Would it be my renters, would it be their homeowners (same company, mind you), etc when I got a call from the Po Po. My car, or what was left of it, was found.

Take the trip to the impound lot and I see it as we pull up. Jacked up bad. Dents, flat tire, busted front air dam. Windows smashed.

Walk around the back, both bags are there. NOTHING taken. They had rifled through it, and they took a 20 dollar camera out of the goalie bag but nothing else. They also stole two CDs (one of which was Concrete Blonde) and a jacket.

I imagined them tearing through the car yelling "look for anything of value!" Tossing aside probably 4 grand worth of hockey gear.

Well, if they were smart, they'd have jobs.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*UPDATE #3*

Woke up early this morning to pick up my kids from school because of a half-day. In the bathroom, I look out the window to see if the backyard is flooding because of all the rain the past few days.

While looking out the window, I see something odd laying next to the garage. I go outside to take a closer look, and I discover the DVD player and GPS that we thought was stolen.

CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT SHIT???? This whole time it was in my backyard, 30 feet from where my wife's van was parked.

I can only assume they stashed it there, or dropped it when they got spooked by the neighbor's dog? Perhaps they didn't want the items on them in case a cop stopped them?

Even though I have the items back, they might not even work since they have been out in the cold, pouring rain for about 32 hours now.

Ain't that some shit?

I'm still pissed though.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*UPDATE #3*

Woke up early this morning to pick up my kids from school because of a half-day. In the bathroom, I look out the window to see if the backyard is flooding because of all the rain the past few days.

While looking out the window, I see something odd laying next to the garage. I go outside to take a closer look, and I discover the DVD player and GPS that we thought was stolen.

CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT SHIT???? This whole time it was in my backyard, 30 feet from where my wife's van was parked.

I can only assume they stashed it there, or dropped it when they got spooked by the neighbor's dog? Perhaps they didn't want the items on them in case a cop stopped them?

Even though I have the items back, they might not even work since they have been out in the cold, pouring rain for about 32 hours now.

Ain't that some shit?

I'm still pissed though.

tumblr_lw1r2vaWiF1qbcq69.jpg

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*Update #4*

I know no one cares, but I finally tried to see if the GPS and DVD player work after I gave them a few days to dry out.

They do.

Hooray!

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*Update #4*

I know no one cares, but I finally tried to see if the GPS and DVD player work after I gave them a few days to dry out.

They do.

Hooray!

That might qualify for the freaking neat thread.

Good to hear!

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On Friday, I ate some popcorn. One of the Kernels apparently wasn't fully popped. Hell of a way to learn that a filling four years ago wasn't done properly.

Just got home from a root canal and crown. So I am cranky.

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People who keep thinking MVP should primarily be judged based on how good a team would be without a player.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Dalai Lama sends out a great tweet on Compassion and gets 674 retweets and about 475 favourites.

Justin fucking Bieber sends out this

Justin Bieber ‏@justinbieber
Oslo day 2

RETWEETS - 43,592
FAVOURITED - 34,045

I weep for our youth

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Dalai Lama sends out a great tweet on Compassion and gets 674 retweets and about 475 favourites.

I wish the Dalai Lama would tweet Gunga-galonga Gunga-a-gunga

/Big hitter the Lama - long

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Animal-rights activists wreak havoc in Milan laboratory : Nature News & Comment

Man, that grinds my gears. And apparently, the "activists" are deleted all negative comments coming into their Facebook page in regards to the incident.

Years of research lost. I feel especially for those students who were close to graduating. Just unacceptable behavior to ruin someone's life work like that, life work which was geared toward helping people.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad the animal rights people have their priorities straight. Releasing an animal barely capable of thought that will be dead in 10 months is a far nobler thing to do than try to find cures for terrible diseases and disorders.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad the animal rights people have their priorities straight. Releasing an animal barely capable of thought that will be dead in 10 months is a far nobler thing to do than try to find cures for terrible diseases and disorders.

Ten months is an overestimate for how long many of those animals will live. Some might last ten hours. I'd give the immunosuppressed ones about a week.

There are legitimate claims against animal testing, but those claims need to be provided with some reasonable discourse, a productive discussion on the merits and shortcomings of the research and possible alternatives. Ruining a bunch of young adults' early scientific careers doesn't accomplish anything.

I've known a lot of people who do research on mice, and they honestly care about how comfortable the mice are. Some of the mice can be removed from the lab after testing, and I know one of my friends took her's home as a pet, and they're best buddies. That mouse didn't feel threatened by her even after the testing.

It's just a senseless way to go about things...

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how many of those animal right activists enjoy a nice steak dinner? Or wear leather jackets?