• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Name some things that drive you fucking nuts

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On that same subject...

Are we still supposed to give up our seats for women? Equal rights and all.

I really just want to sleep on my 35 minute bus ride into dahntahn Pittsburgh, and that's harder (though not entirely impossible) to do whilst standing.

Elderly and handicapped only as far as I'm concerned.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elderly/Handicapped man or woman will get my seat every time - Also a parent with a small child/children same deal for them.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elderly/Handicapped man or woman will get my seat every time - Also a parent with a small child/children same deal for them.

Id add pregnant woman or woman with young insane brood of infants/toddlers

Haha, I'm the opposite. I make it a point to get a seat before they get to it.

At the risk of getting flamed on here, I'll say it: I'm am vehemently opposed to any special privileges or considerations for pregnant/parents.

I believe handicapped and elderly people should be afforded every privilege and courtesy, because being handicapped or growing old isn't a choice that people make.

However, being a parent is a choice that people made (I'm generalizing here, I know that there are definitely women out there who became a parent through r*pe or ince$t, in which cases I absolutely feel for them). When people make a choice to do something, they should not be afforded special privileges in my opinion.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha, I'm the opposite. I make it a point to get a seat before they get to it.

At the risk of getting flamed on here, I'll say it: I'm am vehemently opposed to any special privileges or considerations for pregnant/parents.

I believe handicapped and elderly people should be afforded every privilege and courtesy, because being handicapped or growing old isn't a choice that people make.

However, being a parent is a choice that people made (I'm generalizing here, I know that there are definitely women out there who became a parent through r*pe or ince$t, in which cases I absolutely feel for them). When people make a choice to do something, they should not be afforded special privileges in my opinion.

im just looking at it from a practicality point of view (and as a parent)

I dont want to be near anyone elses degenerate kids so I will gladly give up my seat and move ... perhaps off the bus even

secondly, I dont want to be sitting with a pregnant women standing next to me and face the possibility of her water breaking right on top of me

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
parent with child parking is definitely cool beans ... Im keeping the child seats in my car forever

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im just looking at it from a practicality point of view (and as a parent)

I dont want to be near anyone elses degenerate kids so I will gladly give up my seat and move ... perhaps off the bus even

secondly, I dont want to be sitting with a pregnant women standing next to me and face the possibility of her water breaking right on top of me

If she's that pregnant she should be standing anyhow so that she doesn't stain the upholstery on the seats.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pretty much always offer up my seat to anybody that isn't an able bodied male. I sit in an office all day, standing for a bit is something I don't mind.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
parent with child parking is definitely cool beans ... Im keeping the child seats in my car forever

That's a perfect example (and I get that you're a parent, I swear it's nothing personal).

Handicapped spots I'm totally in favor of. Nobody wakes up in the morning and says "You know, I'm tired of walking. I think I'm going to have my legs amputated today."

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pretty much always offer up my seat to anybody that isn't an able bodied male. I sit in an office all day, standing for a bit is something I don't mind.

This I can definitely agree with. I don't ride buses/trains much anymore, but when I lived in Stockholm and rode public transit all the time, if my ride was about 15 minutes or less, I stood the whole way.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I havent read all the posts in this thread but I want to add something that rives me nuts.

When you are standing in line waiting to pay for items at a store and some asshole stands 3.44 inches away from behind you. I like to reach back real quick for my wallet and push my elbow into their gut and pretend like it was an accident and not apoligize.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate it when I'm trying to sniff the guy in front of me at the super market and the jerk elbows me in the guy while getting his wallet out.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate it when I'm trying to sniff the guy in front of me at the super market and the jerk elbows me in the guy while getting his wallet out.

hahaha You just caused blue Gatorade to shoot up into my sinuses. It burns!