• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Name some things that drive you fucking nuts

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its a shame too because i enjoyed standing in front of her ... fake looking at my iphone while staring at her nice breasts :noidea:

You actually had the phone OUT and failed to get a picture?

Two minutes. Unsportsmanlike. IN THE BOX

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Banking (and travel) related - I went to the bank yesterday to get some American money and that of course requires a visit to the teller. People just need to conduct their business and move on, the teller doesn't want to hear your life story (and neither do I).

See people in the Northeast, New York and New Jersey in particular, get called assholes for having minimal conversation in these scenarios.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two minutes? TMI, man.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyways if its under 3 minutes it doesnt count ... try that one on your wife married guys!

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell, if I don't get at least a 5 minute major, then it's not worth doing.

The best are the game misconducts. ;)

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
plumbing....I fucking hate plumbing. One of the bathroom faucets was leaking from the spout and for whatever reason I thought it'd be a pain to deal with so I turned off the cold water to it and left it. that was over a year ago (yes, I'm that lazy).

the kitchen sink faucet started leaking at the base a few weeks ago. I figured I'd better deal with it before my upcoming deployment. It seemed like any easy fix....just needed a new O-ring and I thought I might as well deal with the other faucet at the same time.

Turns out the bathroom faucet just needed to have the cartridge replaced. take off the handle, pull out the old cartridge, slide in the new one, put the handle back on and done...no more than 10-15 minutes.

The one I thought would be easy??? turns out there was more wrong than I thought. There was a crack in the plastic cartridge. Couldn't find that type of cartridge anywhere, so I figured I'd just replace the whole faucet set-up....was old anyway. Well, everything was so rusted and the way it was all situated up under the sink, it took some kid of contortionist to get to it. Just about destroyed my already bad back. It ended up taking me over two days to get it replaced.

Did I mention I fucking hate plumbing? :mad2:

Hahahhahaha, this just reminds me of my Dad any time there's a plumbing issue. He has to do it on his own, even though he openly admits he's not good at plumbing. The guy knows everything about house-care, but can NOT be a plumber. The words that came out of his mouth last time such an adventure occurred? Man.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will not touch plumbing or electrical work. Anything I do that can totally destroy my house, I stay away from.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will not touch plumbing or electrical work. Anything I do that can totally destroy my house, I stay away from.

For Plumbing - Basics, I will do. But major stuff I'd rather hire someone who knows what they are doing.

I stay away from Electrical work. The most I have ever done is run the wires. Someone else can hook them up. Too much danger if you get it wrong.

Same with cars. I will do everything except brakes. Nuh-uh. Get me a qualified person.

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, if any of you fools needs some plumbing tech support, let me know. If you post pictures I can probably walk you through some of the simpler stuff, or at the very least give you a rough diagnosis and estimate so you don't get raked over the coals by some plumbing company.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, if any of you fools needs some plumbing tech support, let me know. If you post pictures I can probably walk you through some of the simpler stuff, or at the very least give you a rough diagnosis and estimate so you don't get raked over the coals by some plumbing company.

I have one, I’ll go first.

Like a lot of people I am concerned about water. Both conserving it and getting fresh water without chemicals in it. So I am intrigued by the new filtered water sump pumps. Do you have any thoughts on them? I want one that purifies the water coming from my sump but that leaves the waters natural nutrients in it. Plus I’d like to save on my monthly water bill.

For the filter itself I trust Brita but I don’t know whether I trust the new Brita Sump Pump.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For Plumbing - Basics, I will do. But major stuff I'd rather hire someone who knows what they are doing.

I stay away from Electrical work. The most I have ever done is run the wires. Someone else can hook them up. Too much danger if you get it wrong.

Same with cars. I will do everything except brakes. Nuh-uh. Get me a qualified person.

:agree:

I won't touch the wiring in my house.

I sometimes work with geophysical equipment that I'm convinced could turn me into a man-sized pork rind. Caution is used to the extreme. My colleagues have laughed at how careful I am. High voltage, or DC, electricity scares the shit out of me.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:

I won't touch the wiring in my house.

I sometimes work with geophysical equipment that I'm convinced could turn me into a man-sized pork rind. Caution is used to the extreme. My colleagues have laughed at how careful I am. High voltage, or DC, electricity scares the shit out of me.

I'm with you there. I'll go so far as to replace a switch or a light fixture, but that's pretty much it.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
same here...that electrical stuff scares me (and I ain't afraid to admit it....much)

Exactly. If I fuck up while fixing the car, toilet, etc., it can cost me a lot of money (and maybe be really gross).

But if I fuck up while doing electrical work it can kill me.