• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Name some things that drive you fucking nuts

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, last practice of the year tonight (officially. I'm crashing another on Wednesday - SHHH don't tell). So, since we were eliminated like four of our kids showed up. One of which was Blinders.

During practice his mom was taking pictures from the bench and asked me to come over. She thanked me for working with him and being patient with him and said that he wanted to have his picture taken with me because I was his "favorite coach".

Who fucking knows?

I did manage to get in a "He needs to watch his temper, because if he gets a reputation as being someone you can piss off, everyone will be after him."

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fartmobiles.

You know what I'm talking about....underpowered vehicle with an overvolume muffler. Compensating.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People who use their snowblowers and lawn tractor mounted plows to move snow from their driveway into the road.

Nothing more fun that cruising (probably a little too fast) down an already plowed road only to run into a foot high wall of snow that some douche has created in the middle of it.

But I did enjoy the moment when as I was following this big greasy pickup with giant tires, a roll bar and "Git 'er done" sticker and got a little tired of him fishtailing all over (Pro Tip, Mr Redneck - big trucks should be FOUR wheel drive) and I figured we were at a broken yellow line. Gunned it and got it into a little drift as I blew right past him.

What was he gonna do? Chase me?

Pissing off rednecks on a snowy morning. THAT'S the power of German engineering.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Indiana has no idea how to handle snow. They never salt side roads. I live in a freaking city (sort of...technically it's a city) and they never do it. EVER. That's all fine and dandy (even though this is the second significant snow of the season), but don't plow the six inches of snow just to reveal the 3 inches of ice and leave it there. Also, the plow left his mound of crap behind my car. THANKS BUDDY! I DIDN'T HAVE TO GO ANYWHERE TODAY!

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't read all of the post but don't remember this one, happened to me yesterday. At the red light with your turning light on to make a right, the light is red and the guy behind you blows his horn not once but TWICE ! Problem is, on the side of the road AND under the light there's a sign that CLEARLY say's " No turn on red between 7:00 am and 6:00 pm. It's there for a reason right?

I pointed to the light (and sign) after he blew it the first time, I almost got out of the car to walk back and ask him if he could fucking read.

Anyone else have this happen or do you ignore the sign?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't read all of the post but don't remember this one, happened to me yesterday. At the red light with your turning light on to make a right, the light is red and the guy behind you blows his horn not once but TWICE ! Problem is, on the side of the road AND under the light there's a sign that CLEARLY say's " No turn on red between 7:00 am and 6:00 pm. It's there for a reason right?

I pointed to the light (and sign) after he blew it the first time, I almost got out of the car to walk back and ask him if he could fucking read.

Anyone else have this happen or do you ignore the sign?

so many stupid drivers out there.. i woulda honked right back :thumb:

in a similar situation, there's a 2 lane road on my way to work, left lane is left turn only, and right line is left turn, straight, and right turn.. i cant even count the number of times someone turning left pulls up to the empty intersection in the right line so that i cant make a right on red.. drives me crazy.. have some thought for other drivers people

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when VISA cancels your credit card because of "fraudulent activity" and you have 11 vendors that you do pre-authorized recurring charges with

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when VISA cancels your credit card because of "fraudulent activity" and you have 11 vendors that you do pre-authorized recurring charges with

We've had a similar situation with one of my wife's credit cards. Call them up to let them know we're going on vacation to whichever country so please don't block transactions from there.

Then we get there, try to use the card and have it rejected as possibly fraudulent.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've had a similar situation with one of my wife's credit cards. Call them up to let them know we're going on vacation to whichever country so please don't block transactions from there.

Then we get there, try to use the card and have it rejected as possibly fraudulent.

sucks balls!

I dont carry cash ... I like my airmiles/affinity points ... we are going to seattle for the weekend so I will probably dig out a mastercard which is somewhere in my desk at home and use it for the first time in 2 years and that will probably get declined too :ohwell:

cash it is then

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sucks balls!

I dont carry cash ... I like my airmiles/affinity points ... we are going to seattle for the weekend so I will probably dig out a mastercard which is somewhere in my desk at home and use it for the first time in 2 years and that will probably get declined too :ohwell:

cash it is then

Cash is a huge pain in the ass when traveling internationally too.

When we lived overseas, we were traveling interationally frequently. Her card got rejected a couple times in the span of five days because of charges in Turkey then Latvia. I don't want to have a huge pile of Turkish Lira that I then have to trade in for Latvian Lats (clever name, huh?) and then have to trade back to Swedish Kronor, while losing a % on each exchange.

Happened with virtually every country we visited during that time, even though the credit card company's own website said to call and pre-authorize international locations.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Banking (and travel) related - I went to the bank yesterday to get some American money and that of course requires a visit to the teller. People just need to conduct their business and move on, the teller doesn't want to hear your life story (and neither do I).

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One or two stop flights.

I had an event in Toronto on Monday that I couldn't find a cost-efficient non-stop flight for. Ended up having to stop in LaGuardia (NY) both ways. Long story short, flights were delayed and I ended up spending more time in NY than my 4 hour event in Toronto. Awesome.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Banking (and travel) related - I went to the bank yesterday to get some American money and that of course requires a visit to the teller. People just need to conduct their business and move on, the teller doesn't want to hear your life story (and neither do I).

idk about this ... tellers have alot of time on their hands these days with everyone doing banking online ... theyre looking for friend to talk to at least at the bank i go to for business (lol) ... i usually oblige but when their job is done, it's go bye bye time

this one teller used to always chat me up but things have changed ever since she asked me what I did on the weekend and I told her I played Cards against humanity with friends ... she didnt know what it was .. i explained and she gives me the cold shoulder now ... so sensitive ... jeesh! lol

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
plumbing....I fucking hate plumbing. One of the bathroom faucets was leaking from the spout and for whatever reason I thought it'd be a pain to deal with so I turned off the cold water to it and left it. that was over a year ago (yes, I'm that lazy).

the kitchen sink faucet started leaking at the base a few weeks ago. I figured I'd better deal with it before my upcoming deployment. It seemed like any easy fix....just needed a new O-ring and I thought I might as well deal with the other faucet at the same time.

Turns out the bathroom faucet just needed to have the cartridge replaced. take off the handle, pull out the old cartridge, slide in the new one, put the handle back on and done...no more than 10-15 minutes.

The one I thought would be easy??? turns out there was more wrong than I thought. There was a crack in the plastic cartridge. Couldn't find that type of cartridge anywhere, so I figured I'd just replace the whole faucet set-up....was old anyway. Well, everything was so rusted and the way it was all situated up under the sink, it took some kid of contortionist to get to it. Just about destroyed my already bad back. It ended up taking me over two days to get it replaced.

Did I mention I fucking hate plumbing? :mad2:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
idk about this ... tellers have alot of time on their hands these days with everyone doing banking online ... theyre looking for friend to talk to at least at the bank i go to for business (lol) ... i usually oblige but when their job is done, it's go bye bye time

this one teller used to always chat me up but things have changed ever since she asked me what I did on the weekend and I told her I played Cards against humanity with friends ... she didnt know what it was .. i explained and she gives me the cold shoulder now ... so sensitive ... jeesh! lol

lol - That's a funny story jstew.

/Normally, I think I'm a pretty patient person, but there was only three people ahead of me in line and it took 25 minutes for me to obtain my US funds.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^
the teller didnt understand the game from my explanation (my fault probably since i was trying to be discreet) so I bluntly gave her the results of a winning hand to paint the picture

black card: "After the earthquake, Sean Penn brought (fill in the blank) to Haiti"
white card played and judged to be the winner: "AIDS"

now when she sees me get in line she kinda turns and looks like shes doing other things shuffling papers, so another teller can help me

its a shame too because i enjoyed standing in front of her ... fake looking at my iphone while staring at her nice breasts :noidea:

/westminster savings credit union on 6th and 6th in new west if any of you local guys are interested ... blonde ... quite pleasant!

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^
the teller didnt understand the game from my explanation (my fault probably since i was trying to be discreet) so I bluntly gave her the results of a winning hand to paint the picture

black card: "After the earthquake, Sean Penn brought (fill in the blank) to Haiti"
white card played and judged to be the winner: "AIDS"

now when she sees me get in line she kinda turns and looks like shes doing other things shuffling papers, so another teller can help me

its a shame too because i enjoyed standing in front of her ... fake looking at my iphone while staring at her nice breasts :noidea:

/westminster savings credit union on 6th and 6th in new west if any of you local guys are interested ... blonde ... quite pleasant!

I'm trying, I'm trying...but I need to get Canadian money from a teller and this line isn't moving. :ohwell:

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's a funny story, and sounds like a funny game. Damn Sean Penn!

As for tellers wanting friends, I understand in a way. I work at home, which is great in some ways but most days I have no contact with others, so sometimes late in the week the person I buy a cup of coffee from becomes my best friend for a few minutes.