• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Name some things that drive you fucking nuts

IndyAndy

I can't reMember
Paddock Stand, Section 23, Row QQ, Seat 4
Hoopla Cash
$ 545.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way back in the Stone Age when I played little league baseball...

We got put where the coaches figured we belonged according to our 'talents' - or lack thereof - and if the parents didn't like it, they were always free to quit & take their little budding superstar to another league somewhere else.

I stank, so I got put in the the outfield - and that was that. :D

However, they did have one game per season that didn't count towards the team's W/L record, and that was the one where any player could try their hand at any position that their heart desired (but only for an inning or two, because others usually wanted to try it out too).

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pretty sure i told this story before but when I played little league ... one of my coaches stabbed my other coach in the eye with a pencil in the dugout ... i was playing center and the 2 sons of the coach who got stabbed were in left and right field ... if it happened today it would probably be posted in the "bullshitting at the barbershop" thread

funtimes lol

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can understand that, heat of the moment discussions are never good. But if I was coaching a player & he blatantly disobeyed or marched to his own drummer I would have to get with the parents & get some support from the so little "Johnny" would be on the same page as the rest of the team.

It was explained clearly to the parents after the game why he got benched. He disobeyed the coach when told to get in the box. Parents said okay. End of story.

But of course that's a joke.

The Parents now say that the kid wouldn't go to the bench because another player on our team had punched him a few minutes before and he was "scared'. Well, that's what their email to league coordinator said. Never mind he wasn't told to go to the bench, he was told to go to the box.

Pretty sure that with 3 coaches, another dad taking pics and the older brother of one of our players as our "equipment manager" on the bench, someone would have seen it.

I have made the suggestion of suspending the kid to the league coordinator. Because I like boats that rock.

fast-forward 2 years later and I was talking with his current coach a few weeks ago and same thing....instigator of all kinds of trouble and the parents are just like "no way, our little angel wouldn't do that!" You just want to look at them and ask are you complpetely blind? sadly though, when it comes to their kid, they really are.

They had the same problem last year in mites, his first year playing. I can understand believing that, the first time, maybe there is some merit to what the kid says. But in a second year with all new teammates and all new coaches at a different level the exact same shit happens? You're just blind. BLIND.

Wonder where the kid gets it from

Way back in the Stone Age when I played little league baseball...

We got put where the coaches figured we belonged according to our 'talents' - or lack thereof - and if the parents didn't like it, they were always free to quit & take their little budding superstar to another league somewhere else.

Same here. Back in the day you played where you earned it.

BadMotoWeazal

Got Dirt?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our parents are dedicated that's for sure.... When I was a kid I walked to practice & my mom picked me up afterwards (she worked as well as my Dad), most kids were in the same boat as I was. The only adults there were the coaches. These days parents come to practice and stay the whole time, which is good & bad. Good because when little Johnny is acting up, not performing or not paying attention the parents are there watching. Bad because the parents are there watching..... LOL

The children s attitudes are the #1 thing for me.... When we draft a team in the Spring, I'm looking at attitudes as well as talent. If Bobby is a great player but he's a pain in the ass or he is a distraction for the team I'm skipping over him & finding that kids with the potential & who is coach-able.

We let kids tell us where they want to play from day one. If little Johnny wants to play SS, we put him there at practice. If he can't cut the mustard he moves on to where we as coaches think he would better benefit the team. Parents see this & we tell them that Johnny is still developing and RF is the best place for him to help the team. If they don't like that then it may be time for them to find a new team to play with.

My son plays SS & 2nd & he pitches (9 year old's, 1st year of pitching), let me tell you, if he can't get his mind in the game & play to his potential I'll get somebody else. For the last 4 years I've coach no one has ever accused me of "daddy-ball", because I have sent mine out to RF or the dugout more than once because of a lack of drive or focus.

We play Fall baseball too.... I encourage parent with kids that are not as gifted as others at baseball to sign up for the Fall. It's cheaper, the practice is great for them & I'll play little Johnny at SS allllll year long as long as his attitude is good & he keeps on trying to get better. Nothing counts in the Fall so trophies or Championships are not given. A much better learning experience for them & gets their confidence level up for when Spring rolls around & shit gets serious.

So to get back on track, I hate parents that think there little ones are angels & do no wrong. When we all know that's not always the case. :lame:

BadMotoWeazal

Got Dirt?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our parents are dedicated that's for sure.... When I was a kid I walked to practice & my mom picked me up afterwards (she worked as well as my Dad), most kids were in the same boat as I was. The only adults there were the coaches. These days parents come to practice and stay the whole time, which is good & bad. Good because when little Johnny is acting up, not performing or not paying attention the parents are there watching. Bad because the parents are there watching..... LOL

The children s attitudes are the #1 thing for me.... When we draft a team in the Spring, I'm looking at attitudes as well as talent. If Bobby is a great player but he's a pain in the ass or he is a distraction for the team I'm skipping over him & finding that kids with the potential & who is coach-able.

We let kids tell us where they want to play from day one. If little Johnny wants to play SS, we put him there at practice. If he can't cut the mustard he moves on to where we as coaches think he would better benefit the team. Parents see this & we tell them that Johnny is still developing and RF is the best place for him to help the team. If they don't like that then it may be time for them to find a new team to play with.

My son plays SS & 2nd & he pitches (9 year old's, 1st year of pitching), let me tell you, if he can't get his mind in the game & play to his potential I'll get somebody else. For the last 4 years I've coach no one has ever accused me of "daddy-ball", because I have sent mine out to RF or the dugout more than once because of a lack of drive or focus.

We play Fall baseball too.... I encourage parent with kids that are not as gifted as others at baseball to sign up for the Fall. It's cheaper, the practice is great for them & I'll play little Johnny at SS allllll year long as long as his attitude is good & he keeps on trying to get better. Nothing counts in the Fall so trophies or Championships are not given. A much better learning experience for them & gets their confidence level up for when Spring rolls around & shit gets serious.

So to get back on track, I hate parents that think there little ones are angels & do no wrong. When we all know that's not always the case. :lame:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People who sit in the wrong seat on airplanes. What are you doin?

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Believe me, I can relate on that one.

What I would say is even worse are people who offer to trade me their middle seat for my aisle so that they can sit next to their significant other or kid.

You want me to give up my aisle for a middle seat? Really?? Not gonna happen.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Believe me, I can relate on that one.

What I would say is even worse are people who offer to trade me their middle seat for my aisle so that they can sit next to their significant other or kid.

You want me to give up my aisle for a middle seat? Really?? Not gonna happen.

My favorite planes on earth are those ones with the 2 rows of seats on one side and one on the other. I always grab the single. An aisle seat, a window seat and no one asking me questions about what I have on my screen. Bliss.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorite planes on earth are those ones with the 2 rows of seats on one side and one on the other. I always grab the single. An aisle seat, a window seat and no one asking me questions about what I have on my screen. Bliss.

Yeah, those are a nice setup, though most of the ones I've been on tend to be pretty ancient.

Even better than the benefits you already mentioned: no competing for armrests.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

On a related note, people that sit next to you on mass transit when you're the only people. Train could be empty and they'll sit next to you. Or just as bad, on the way home as the train starts to empty out, you could be the only 2 left and they keep sitting next to you rather than find an open seat. People are weird.

This also applies to doctor's offices. If you're the only 2 people in the waiting room sit as far away from one another as possible.

IndyAndy

I can't reMember
Paddock Stand, Section 23, Row QQ, Seat 4
Hoopla Cash
$ 545.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a related note, people that sit next to you on mass transit when you're the only people. Train could be empty and they'll sit next to you. Or just as bad, on the way home as the train starts to empty out, you could be the only 2 left and they keep sitting next to you rather than find an open seat. People are weird.

This also applies to doctor's offices. If you're the only 2 people in the waiting room sit as far away from one another as possible.

...Or in a movie theater. I used to work nights, so I went to my share of afternoon matinees where the audience would be rather small. Some times there were only a half dozen or so in there: If people insisted on sitting just in front of or behind me in those situations, it drove me nuts.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Easy enough solution for that: move to a city like Charlotte where public transit isn't really much of an option.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fart really loud. Fixes that problem right up.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GMs who don't read the fine print of CBA's and are only saved by equally incompetent GMs.