• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Name some things that drive you fucking nuts

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i hate when this happens to me!!!

shamarkofail.gif

fify

when it happens to others it's awesome!

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh boy...

So here's a little problem I have. I am an assistant coach on my boy's Squirt team. On the team are three kids who want to play goal. This season the kids rotated in net, and the results were clear.

The Cat (my son) had around a .775 sv% five wins
Stonewall had around a .740 3 wins
Blinders had... well... suffice it to say that if he had stopped even one third of the shots he faced, he would have won 3 at least. Instead he didn't win any. In the last game he played, at the end, he was moving out of the way of shots.

So tonight, the playoffs start. Double elimination. Head coach decided we rotate goalies. My boy and Stonewall. That's it. Stonewall tonight, The Cat Saturday. And then back and forth as long as we run.

Now we have a complaint filed against us. Keep in mind that Blinders has a major attitude problem and has already been in fistfights with other teammates over things. If we put him in, and seedings hold up, he will be in goal again against a team that put 16 goals on him (yes. SIXTEEN on 20 shots. We scored 8). And with Stonewall playing the #1 seed tonight, Blinders will likely be in goal for our ouster, as the number 1 team is undefeated. That is not likely going to change. I do like the fact that Stonewall wanted this game, knowing who it was against. If we lose tonight, we play the loser between two teams we beat earlier in the year. The Cat beat both. And they weren't that close either.

I just wish the parents would realize that their kid is already disliked and he can serve the team better just skating on the wing. He's actually far better as a winger. But they just feel it necessary to push their precious little snowflake into the position.

Argh.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you spin it somehow that the team is short of forward talent and his winger skills better suits the team's needs at the moment?

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe you can start the piece of shit and pay the opposing teams players to run him ... keep it on the downlow though!

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Oh boy...

So here's a little problem I have. I am an assistant coach on my boy's Squirt team. On the team are three kids who want to play goal. This season the kids rotated in net, and the results were clear.

The Cat (my son) had around a .775 sv% five wins
Stonewall had around a .740 3 wins
Blinders had... well... suffice it to say that if he had stopped even one third of the shots he faced, he would have won 3 at least. Instead he didn't win any. In the last game he played, at the end, he was moving out of the way of shots.

So tonight, the playoffs start. Double elimination. Head coach decided we rotate goalies. My boy and Stonewall. That's it. Stonewall tonight, The Cat Saturday. And then back and forth as long as we run.

Now we have a complaint filed against us. Keep in mind that Blinders has a major attitude problem and has already been in fistfights with other teammates over things. If we put him in, and seedings hold up, he will be in goal again against a team that put 16 goals on him (yes. SIXTEEN on 20 shots. We scored 8). And with Stonewall playing the #1 seed tonight, Blinders will likely be in goal for our ouster, as the number 1 team is undefeated. That is not likely going to change. I do like the fact that Stonewall wanted this game, knowing who it was against. If we lose tonight, we play the loser between two teams we beat earlier in the year. The Cat beat both. And they weren't that close either.

I just wish the parents would realize that their kid is already disliked and he can serve the team better just skating on the wing. He's actually far better as a winger. But they just feel it necessary to push their precious little snowflake into the position.

Argh.

tumblr_mb2y1eXHzU1r9dyiqo1_500.jpg

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you spin it somehow that the team is short of forward talent and his winger skills better suits the team's needs at the moment?

We could try it, but Stonewall has two goals and four assists as a winger and the Cat has 5 assists as D. And 12 penalty minutes. Hard argument.

That or headhunting with vulcanized rubber in the pre-game warmup.

:D

He moves out of the way of the puck in games. Probably will be really hard to pick off in warm up.

yah thats true ... could always put linimint in the kids jock too :noidea:

He would not notice. Seriously. Space Cadet.

I get that it's house hockey and kids should get every chance to play what they want. But I have 16 kids on the team to worry about. These kids play their asses off for us. Even down 16-6 with two minutes left, they ground out two more goals. They never quit. I want to reward that. And in the playoffs, you reward that by putting them in position to be successful. To that end, one of our best D men is moving to wing tonight because he has wheels and good hockey sense. A third D man out there is not a bad thing against this team.

There was also a request from a parent that everyone get a trophy or medal. I would bet it's the same parents.

Sorry, this is hockey and they ain't Timbits anymore. Not everyone wins, and showing up isn't enough. Most of these kids will be Pee Wee next year. There is no participation medal in Pee Wee. There are checks and slapshots. You learn to play or get the fuck out.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prickish 12 yr old kids from Malibu named Ryder, Carson, Max and/or Zach.

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could try it, but Stonewall has two goals and four assists as a winger and the Cat has 5 assists as D. And 12 penalty minutes. Hard argument.

He moves out of the way of the puck in games. Probably will be really hard to pick off in warm up.

He would not notice. Seriously. Space Cadet.

I get that it's house hockey and kids should get every chance to play what they want. But I have 16 kids on the team to worry about. These kids play their asses off for us. Even down 16-6 with two minutes left, they ground out two more goals. They never quit. I want to reward that. And in the playoffs, you reward that by putting them in position to be successful. To that end, one of our best D men is moving to wing tonight because he has wheels and good hockey sense. A third D man out there is not a bad thing against this team.

There was also a request from a parent that everyone get a trophy or medal. I would bet it's the same parents.

Sorry, this is hockey and they ain't Timbits anymore. Not everyone wins, and showing up isn't enough. Most of these kids will be Pee Wee next year. There is no participation medal in Pee Wee. There are checks and slapshots. You learn to play or get the fuck out.

Is hiring The Eagle out of the question? If he can whack Auld, he should have no problem with Blinders. Worst case scenario, he gets a little out of control and you end up having to start him every game.

edit: Actually, that's not the worst case scenario, but I'm assuming no whiskey is involved.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Epilogue of the story; Kid shows up at the game today and we play three lines with two extra wingers rotating. We kept the Centers and Left Wings together and used the five others in order. Keep the kids that play well together together and mix up the others.

So, about three quarters through the second, the kid decides he's done taking turns and kept trying to pick which line he went with. He kept trying to sit in between the next line up players. At one point, we have an icing and a whistle. Change all five, and it's not his turn. Me and the other coaches are talking over the last shift with the kids and just before the puck drops he goes out there. The other rotating winger saw him and tried to get off, but we get whistled for too many men once the puck drops.

Game is tied 1-1 at this point (3/4ths through the second). The ensuing power play, they make it 2-1. We lose the game 3-2. They've never had a one goal game. Closest margin this team has won by is 3.

And to top it off, we tell the kid to get in the box to serve and he refuses and skates to the far end of the ice for the faceoff. Making us take another kid off the ice to serve. 2 actually because we had to have the one who tried to get off sit down too.

Yes. When he came off the ice I benched him for the rest of the game. Can't wait to hear that complaint letter.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Epilogue of the story; Kid shows up at the game today and we play three lines with two extra wingers rotating. We kept the Centers and Left Wings together and used the five others in order. Keep the kids that play well together together and mix up the others.

So, about three quarters through the second, the kid decides he's done taking turns and kept trying to pick which line he went with. He kept trying to sit in between the next line up players. At one point, we have an icing and a whistle. Change all five, and it's not his turn. Me and the other coaches are talking over the last shift with the kids and just before the puck drops he goes out there. The other rotating winger saw him and tried to get off, but we get whistled for too many men once the puck drops.

Game is tied 1-1 at this point (3/4ths through the second). The ensuing power play, they make it 2-1. We lose the game 3-2. They've never had a one goal game. Closest margin this team has won by is 3.

And to top it off, we tell the kid to get in the box to serve and he refuses and skates to the far end of the ice for the faceoff. Making us take another kid off the ice to serve. 2 actually because we had to have the one who tried to get off sit down too.

Yes. When he came off the ice I benched him for the rest of the game. Can't wait to hear that complaint letter.

HOW OLD IS THIS KID? Holy crap, I would've lost it.

BadMotoWeazal

Got Dirt?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude.... I would have had that conversation with his parents before they left the arena. I coach 9 year old baseball down here & I wouldn't put up with that shit. Nip it in the bud.............. G/L

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude.... I would have had that conversation with his parents before they left the arena. I coach 9 year old baseball down here & I wouldn't put up with that shit. Nip it in the bud.............. G/L

as a youth hockey coach myself, I have a 24-hour post-game rule before parents are permittted to speak with me or me with them....helps defuse any post-game emotions.

I've never had any of my team's parents violate that rule....there was one opposing team mother that let me have it immediately after a game in which our team shellacked her kid's team though

BadMotoWeazal

Got Dirt?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as a youth hockey coach myself, I have a 24-hour post-game rule before parents are permittted to speak with me or me with them....helps defuse any post-game emotions.

I've never had any of my team's parents violate that rule....there was one opposing team mother that let me have it immediately after a game in which our team shellacked her kid's team though

I can understand that, heat of the moment discussions are never good. But if I was coaching a player & he blatantly disobeyed or marched to his own drummer I would have to get with the parents & get some support from the so little "Johnny" would be on the same page as the rest of the team.

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can understand that, heat of the moment discussions are never good. But if I was coaching a player & he blatantly disobeyed or marched to his own drummer I would have to get with the parents & get some support from the so little "Johnny" would be on the same page as the rest of the team.

oh, no doubt I'd be talking with the parents as well....reminds me of a player I had 2 seasons ago. great player, an absolute little shit! Was continually causing trouble in the locker room. tried talking to mom and dad about him, but it was always "uh-uh, no way...not our little angel"

fast-forward 2 years later and I was talking with his current coach a few weeks ago and same thing....instigator of all kinds of trouble and the parents are just like "no way, our little angel wouldn't do that!" You just want to look at them and ask are you complpetely blind? sadly though, when it comes to their kid, they really are.