• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Name some things that drive you fucking nuts

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't have the crazy restaurant lines or real estate prices here in Charlotte,

You clearly have never been to T-Bone's on the lake... Or looked for houses near there... :)

(I haven't either, but my sister lives in York area - she was mad at how much house I got here)

pittsburgh roads/traffic can be summed up with 1 word. construction.

Pa's state sport: Lane Closure.
Pa's state flower: Construction Barrel

Someone has been putting protest signs about road work up in this area. Almost any place there is construction someone will put these signs up as a protest.
end-road-work.jpg

I usually shake my fist and say "I hear you buddy" as I pass one.

That has to be a protest sign, because I am not sure there has ever been a road project there that "ended". I'd buy BLended, but never ended.

They started the Rt24 @ I95 around the time my son was born. I think it's still going on.

He's ten.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You clearly have never been to T-Bone's on the lake... Or looked for houses near there... :)

(I haven't either, but my sister lives in York area - she was mad at how much house I got here)

Pa's state sport: Lane Closure.
Pa's state flower: Construction Barrel

That has to be a protest sign, because I am not sure there has ever been a road project there that "ended". I'd buy BLended, but never ended.

They started the Rt24 @ I95 around the time my son was born. I think it's still going on.

He's ten.

Sure, lakefront is crazy, but you can buy a 4500 square foot house in a nice development for less than $350K.

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Restaurants that feel the need to come up with wacky, zany names for their food. Look, maybe the idea of a burger with barbeque chips, cole slaw, pulled pork, and grilled onions sounds really good and I want to order it, but there's no way in hell I'm saying "Uncle Bob's Super Duper Rodeo Round-Up Smack-Patty" out loud.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OH MY FUCKING GOD!! DONKEYS WHO HHAAVVEE TO BACK INTO PARKING SPOTS IS CROWDED ASS PARKING LOTS!!! YOU ARE NOT THAT FUCKING IMPORTANT AND NOBODY IS FUCKING IMPRESSED. DRIVE IMMEDIATELY OUT OF THE LOT AND INTO A DAMN TREE!!!

How in a hurry are you. Unless you are FUCKING ROBBING THE PLACE, GET THE HELL OUT OF MY WAY!!! IF YOU ARE ROBBING THE PLACE YOU ARE ALREADY A DICK.

I am lucky not to be on my way to prison right now! :mad:

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Restaurants that feel the need to come up with wacky, zany names for their food. Look, maybe the idea of a burger with barbeque chips, cole slaw, pulled pork, and grilled onions sounds really good and I want to order it, but there's no way in hell I'm saying "Uncle Bob's Super Duper Rodeo Round-Up Smack-Patty" out loud.

I like a Rooty Tooty Fresh and Fruity, and I'm not ashamed to say it.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dumping money into music gear... Being a musician is too damn expensive.

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grown adults who have to ask you if you played basketball because you're tall. I'm 30 years old, go away. Are you a shortstop? Did you used to be a jockey? Are you good at... MINIATURE GOLF? Huh? Are you, you fucking midget? Nice moustache, are you a barbaric genocidal dictator? Oh, sorry sir, yes, that was over the line. Your grandmother, huh? I didn't know that, sorry. No, I hate basketball. Sorry again sir, have a nice day.

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, and on a calmer note, resolutioners.

How much longer is my gym going to be packed. :(

I hate it when people make a big point to let people know that their New Years resolution is to not make any resolutions. Oh ho, good one! Way to not better yourself and be proud of it! Way to steal a line people were using in middle school!

/on a side note, I don't make New Years resolutions, I believe if it's worth doing it's worth doing now. I get the whole idea behind it, but guess what fatty? If you won't be able to make it through a couple holiday parties without overeating, drinking, or smoking, then you're probably not going to embark on some magical journey of self improvement because of an arbitrarily selected day on a calender. DO IT NOOOWWW!

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dumping money into music gear... Being a musician is too damn expensive.

30359529.jpg

Grown adults who have to ask you if you played basketball because you're tall. I'm 30 years old, go away. Are you a shortstop? Did you used to be a jockey? Are you good at... MINIATURE GOLF? Huh? Are you, you fucking midget? Nice moustache, are you a barbaric genocidal dictator? Oh, sorry sir, yes, that was over the line. Your grandmother, huh? I didn't know that, sorry. No, I hate basketball. Sorry again sir, have a nice day.

I used to love that, I was over 6 feet tall by Junior year in High School. "Do you play basketball?" "No, are you a Jockey?"

I also liked "What's the weather like up there?" I'd spit on them and say "it's raining"

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OH MY FUCKING GOD!! DONKEYS WHO HHAAVVEE TO BACK INTO PARKING SPOTS IS CROWDED ASS PARKING LOTS!!! YOU ARE NOT THAT FUCKING IMPORTANT AND NOBODY IS FUCKING IMPRESSED. DRIVE IMMEDIATELY OUT OF THE LOT AND INTO A DAMN TREE!!!

How in a hurry are you. Unless you are FUCKING ROBBING THE PLACE, GET THE HELL OUT OF MY WAY!!! IF YOU ARE ROBBING THE PLACE YOU ARE ALREADY A DICK.

what he said

NullDefault

Generic Comment
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Chicks asking questions they really really DON'T want the answer to.

I fall for it every fucking time!!

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chicks asking questions they really really DON'T want the answer to.

I fall for it every fucking time!!

Q. Do these pants make me look fat?

A. They don't make you look fat but they don't make you look thin either.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Q. Do these pants make me look fat?

A. No it's the huge ass you stuffed into them that does...

/That's how i answer stupid ass questions like that...

//That's also why i'm single...

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Woman: Did you play basketball?
Brad Garrett: No.
Woman: All your height and you didn't play basketball???
Brad: All your weight and you're still hungry?

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys butts.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate it when people make a big point to let people know that their New Years resolution is to not make any resolutions. Oh ho, good one! Way to not better yourself and be proud of it! Way to steal a line people were using in middle school!

/on a side note, I don't make New Years resolutions, I believe if it's worth doing it's worth doing now. I get the whole idea behind it, but guess what fatty? If you won't be able to make it through a couple holiday parties without overeating, drinking, or smoking, then you're probably not going to embark on some magical journey of self improvement because of an arbitrarily selected day on a calender. DO IT NOOOWWW!

I always tell people my resolution is to keep last year's resolution. If they ask what that is (and they always do), I tell them, "Come up with a better resolution for next year."

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Work... work is driving me fucking nuts. I was thinking about waiting until I am vested (so all the 401k matching is kept) here at the company I am at and then relocate, but now I'm thinking about just up and leaving after my lease runs out.

I hate CT, and I hate this company.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BBC America.

They constantly show the all American crapfest that is Star Trek Next Generation, a show which is available on about a gazillion other channels. Why? Because the bald gay guy is British? SO? They should be showing Mr Belvedere then. He was British.

That has always irritated me. Why? I watch BBC America to get things I can't get here like Stringer Bell with an Accent, honest news and the good version of Top Gear. Not some bearded douche pointing at a Plasma TV saying "Make it Go" or whatever.

But that's not the worst. BBC America showed, just last night, "The Patriot". A movie that boils the Revolutionary War down to a battle between all of England and an angry farmer who wants revenge and has a tomahawk. And was so skillfully made that the story takes 7 years, but the children don't age a DAY.

WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING? PUT GORDON RAMSAY BACK IN JAIL!

Christ, if you're looking for American content with British people, at least put on "The Wire". Stringer and McNulty are both British. That's better than dweebs in matching pantsuits flying around looking for Darth Vader or some shit.

Well, beam me up and call me Yoda. This is my 4,000th post.