• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Name some things that drive you fucking nuts

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Consider yourself lucky. Those lanes exist in places so crowded that you have to wait an hour for a table at any restaurant any time on any day and where 800 sq ft "Townehomes" go for 300 grand.

New thing: There is a bank here that is called "Fifth Third Bank".

I don't think I want people who are that bad at math looking after my money.

LOL, We have two funeral homes here. One is called Bury funeral home and the other is Amigone funeral home.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you guys think 70/79 is bad...never get on the Parkway. Gosh. I love going that way to get home (I live north of the city) because you get the unbeatable tunnel view...but holy moley it's terrible. Basically from 79 into town is just a parking lot.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Consider yourself lucky. Those lanes exist in places so crowded that you have to wait an hour for a table at any restaurant any time on any day and where 800 sq ft "Townehomes" go for 300 grand.

We don't have the crazy restaurant lines or real estate prices here in Charlotte, but we definitely have the highway congestion.

But then again, see my prior post about the total incompetence of the NCDOT and it explains why.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People that feel the need to bash someone for trying something different.

I decided to take up yoga, which is amazing by the way, and for the most part have gotten positive praise, but there are quite a few of my buddies who believe any male who does yoga is a homosexual.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
carpool lane

add this to the list. fuck carpool lanes. your plan with a carpool lane is to give carpoolers a benefit in traffic so that more people carpool, creating less polution. well guess what, nobody wants to carpool and instead of having 4 lanes to move traffic you have 3, and now a 30 minute commute for everyone takes 45. and every single one of those cars is poluting for an extra 15 minutes. so all your 'save the world' BS really did was piss people off and create more polution. thanks for that.

fuckin hippies.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you guys think 70/79 is bad...never get on the Parkway. Gosh. I love going that way to get home (I live north of the city) because you get the unbeatable tunnel view...but holy moley it's terrible. Basically from 79 into town is just a parking lot.

also a dumb bit of pittsburgh-ease. the 'parkway west - east bound' is about as dumb as you can do for a road's nickname.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People that feel the need to bash someone for trying something different.

I decided to take up yoga, which is amazing by the way, and for the most part have gotten positive praise, but there are quite a few of my buddies who believe any male who does yoga is a homosexual.

Take them along sometime and show them what you get to look at during the entire session. They'll start begging you to let them come along if it's like some of the yoga studios I've seen.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
add this to the list. fuck carpool lanes. your plan with a carpool lane is to give carpoolers a benefit in traffic so that more people carpool, creating less polution. well guess what, nobody wants to carpool and instead of having 4 lanes to move traffic you have 3, and now a 30 minute commute for everyone takes 45. and every single one of those cars is poluting for an extra 15 minutes. so all your 'save the world' BS really did was piss people off and create more polution. thanks for that.

fuckin hippies.

There are some places where the HOV lanes are actually working. I know around San Fran for instance the HOV lanes are almost always packed. The ones in Atlanta seem to be fairly well used too.

And FWIW, sometimes installing HOV lanes are the only way that funding can be obtained to add new lanes. When they added the HOV lanes here in Charlotte, a HUGE portion of the cost came from federal grants that were only available for HOV lanes.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take them along sometime and show them what you get to look at during the entire session. They'll start begging you to let them come along if it's like some of the yoga studios I've seen.

What he said.

Last edited by a moderator:

BadMotoWeazal

Got Dirt?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love yoga pants!!!

images

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are some places where the HOV lanes are actually working. I know around San Fran for instance the HOV lanes are almost always packed. The ones in Atlanta seem to be fairly well used too.

And FWIW, sometimes installing HOV lanes are the only way that funding can be obtained to add new lanes. When they added the HOV lanes here in Charlotte, a HUGE portion of the cost came from federal grants that were only available for HOV lanes.

dont you bring your logic in here while i'm ranting.

however, that gives me a new thing to add to the list. the federal govt. what a waste of a grant. give states money to build roads that are needed, not with strings attached to make yourself look like an environmentally friendly guy

BadMotoWeazal

Got Dirt?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If everyone carpooled & used the HOV lane, would that get a little crowded??? I use the shit out of the HOV lane when out of town, I'll plead ignorance if I get pulled over. Once the cop get one look at me he'll be convinced.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If everyone carpooled & used the HOV lane, would that get a little crowded??? I use the shit out of the HOV lane when out of town, I'll plead ignorance if I get pulled over. Once the cop get one look at me he'll be convinced.

... you.. look... stupid?

am i reading that right?

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dont you bring your logic in here while i'm ranting.

however, that gives me a new thing to add to the list. the federal govt. what a waste of a grant. give states money to build roads that are needed, not with strings attached to make yourself look like an environmentally friendly guy

Just wait until they move into more HOT lanes - High Occupancy Toll.

We're supposed to get some of those in Charlotte in the next couple years. Essentially the government doesn't fund the building of the road. Instead, a private company funds the building and then signs a contract to collect tolls for X number of years.

The lane is free if you have enough people in the car (not sure if it's going to be 2 or 3 here) but you pay a toll to use it otherwise. Basically you get to pay to go faster. I think they maybe already have them in SoCal.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just because you have enough people in the car doesn't mean you have to use the HOV lanes.

The idea is to try to get cars off the road by encouraging people to ride together.

higgyfan4

Bossman you'll be missed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you open up an account at one in Nashville you can free Preds checks (cheques) and possibly even your own baby puke colored jersey. :clap: