• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Name some things that drive you fucking nuts

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edit: I will also take a shot at I-79 through Pittsburgh, they are always doing construction and the road is still a shambles. I travel to the south a lot and this is the worst stretch of the trip. It sucks !!

Never taken it north, but the I-79 south bit from Washington Pa stretch is a nightmare. The Interchange from I-79N onto 70W has to be the worst piece of road construction ever. They are trying to fix it now, but it is actually worse.

I hope it's finished soon.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never taken it north, but the I-79 south bit from Washington Pa stretch is a nightmare. The Interchange from I-79N onto 70W has to be the worst piece of road construction ever. They are trying to fix it now, but it is actually worse.

They're adding flyovers there now rather than making people hang the super sharp turn, right?

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're adding flyovers there now rather than making people hang the super sharp turn, right?

That's what it looks like. I just hope it's wide enough to accommodate all the truck traffic that has to pretty much come to a stop at the top of the hill.

I am REALLY looking forward to no longer having to merge from a dead stop. Going uphill. Behind a dump truck. Onto two lanes where the traffic in the outside lane is going at least 80.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happened this morning, and it happens a lot.

You have to get over to the right lane to exit, but someone is to the right of you. So you take your foot off the gas a little (no braking) so they pass and you can switch lanes, however the asshole behind you is in a rush and quickly switches lanes and hugs their bumper thus making you wait longer. But wait, that's not it, the entire row of cars behind you decides to follow suit... Almost missed my exit. Assholes.

And before you say "you should have sped up and just switched lanes." It was one of those moments where there is someone immediately in front of you and the turd to your right is going the same speed.

Nevermind, two others already pointed it out.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what it looks like. I just hope it's wide enough to accommodate all the truck traffic that has to pretty much come to a stop at the top of the hill.

I am REALLY looking forward to no longer having to merge from a dead stop. Going uphill. Behind a dump truck. Onto two lanes where the traffic in the outside lane is going at least 80.

I usually find myself on that stretch about twice a year when driving to Buffalo, and I've noticed how horribly scarred the concrete barricade is there too from people who don't take the turn slow enough.

That's a pretty hardcore barricade too.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've driven though there a lot of times and it is messed up. Plus I have noticed the MOV lanes hardly have any cars in them.

Edit: I will also take a shot at I-79 through Pittsburgh, they are always doing construction and the road is still a shambles. I travel to the south a lot and this is the worst stretch of the trip. It sucks !!
We use the MOV lane all the time.

I travel that section of highway every day and they are used somewhat heavily in the AM rush. However, by my (totally unscientific) estimates, about 2/3 of the cars in the HOV lane are there illegally. The other issue with that lane is that it ends about 11 miles short of where it should run to (the SC state line).

And yeah, 79 through Pitt. is a nightmare. That's along the route we take back to Buffalo at holidays, etc. Dishonorable mention for that stretch where they tell you the speed limit is going to drop to 55 for the next 9 miles and it ends up being about 50.

I usually find myself on that stretch about twice a year when driving to Buffalo, and I've noticed how horribly scarred the concrete barricade is there too from people who don't take the turn slow enough.

That's a pretty hardcore barricade too.
You guys are making me homesick. Yeah, I deal with the 77/85 and 79/70 interchanges twice a year as well.

higgyfan4

Bossman you'll be missed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I must live a sheltered life, because I have no idea what a MOV lane is.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My gas bill. They have a $10 customer charge. Add that to the taxes they charge & it's more than what my family actually uses every damn month. I have no problem paying what's fair, but these assholes are taking advantage of people in a big way.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't recall ever driving on a freeway or any highway that has a carpool lane or a MOV or HOV. Not that I can remember, anyways.

Told ya, sheltered...

Consider yourself lucky. Those lanes exist in places so crowded that you have to wait an hour for a table at any restaurant any time on any day and where 800 sq ft "Townehomes" go for 300 grand.

New thing: There is a bank here that is called "Fifth Third Bank".

I don't think I want people who are that bad at math looking after my money.

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Consider yourself lucky. Those lanes exist in places so crowded that you have to wait an hour for a table at any restaurant any time on any day and where 800 sq ft "Townehomes" go for 300 grand.

New thing: There is a bank here that is called "Fifth Third Bank".

I don't think I want people who are that bad at math looking after my money.

They took over Old Kent in my town a few years ago... somewhere, in one of these threads, there is a story about how I went apeshit on the manager of one, due to her accusatory nature and the overall incompetence of that company in general. I'm pretty sure there is a sort of Pavlov's Dog situation in my body when I hear that name, involving my blood pressure and overall rage levels.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They took over Old Kent in my town a few years ago... somewhere, in one of these threads, there is a story about how I went apeshit on the manager of one, due to her accusatory nature and the overall incompetence of that company in general. I'm pretty sure there is a sort of Pavlov's Dog situation in my body when I hear that name, involving my blood pressure and overall rage levels.

I did a quick search for that story but didnt find it. However I did find this gem:

I call this the "Victory in the Bank" system.

It works as follows:

The team that finishes first in each conference gets an automatic win that they can apply in the playoffs.

RULES:

The automatic win would have to be applied at the beginning of a series, not halfway through. (ie: Phone call to Gary Bettman prior to the start of the series. "Yes, we're using it." or "No, we're saving it." Click.

Teams that decide to save their automatic win for a later round take a tremendous risk in doing so (because they might be eliminated), but the rewards are greater if they can use it against a tougher opponent later.

The 2-2-1-1-1 playoff format would be observed and would play out as usual. Games 2,3 at home for the #1 team, 4,5 on the road, etc. No home playoff dates lost.

This gives a tremendous added bonus to the team that finishes #1 by allowing them to begin their series up 1-0. It also creates some incredible playoff strategy between rounds and would lead to more interesting discussion.

Should both #1 teams meet in the Stanley Cup final, and both still having their automatic wins saved, the two will cancel each other out and the series will begin 0-0, not 1-1.

Why have it? I believe that the #1 team should have more to separate them from the #8 team than just home ice advantage.

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/...39-victory-bank-radical-new-playoff-idea.html

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did a quick search for that story but didnt find it. However I did find this gem:

It works as follows:

The team that finishes first in each conference gets an automatic win that they can apply in the playoffs.

RULES:

The automatic win would have to be applied at the beginning of a series, not halfway through. (ie: Phone call to Gary Bettman prior to the start of the series. "Yes, we're using it." or "No, we're saving it." Click.

Teams that decide to save their automatic win for a later round take a tremendous risk in doing so (because they might be eliminated), but the rewards are greater if they can use it against a tougher opponent later.

The 2-2-1-1-1 playoff format would be observed and would play out as usual. Games 2,3 at home for the #1 team, 4,5 on the road, etc. No home playoff dates lost.

This gives a tremendous added bonus to the team that finishes #1 by allowing them to begin their series up 1-0. It also creates some incredible playoff strategy between rounds and would lead to more interesting discussion.

Should both #1 teams meet in the Stanley Cup final, and both still having their automatic wins saved, the two will cancel each other out and the series will begin 0-0, not 1-1.

Why have it? I believe that the #1 team should have more to separate them from the #8 team than just home ice advantage.

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/...39-victory-bank-radical-new-playoff-idea.html

:lol:

An instant classic.

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It works as follows:

RULES:

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/2232779-post88.html

It's no "Victory in the Bank"...

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am convinced that people do not know how to properly "Yield" or "merge" in at out of interchanges. We have a merge here where the Kensington Expw and the I-90 interchange and it is a mess every rush hour and I swear there must be thee to four "accidents" there every week. My sister will not even drive through there during certain times.

Another thing is the misuse of the word "accident" most of these mishaps are not "accidents" but stupidity.

Sorry to bump my own post but just heard a traffic report and yep, There is an accident at this interchange again.