• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Name some things that drive you fucking nuts

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I usually start hauling ass, and lay on the horn.. it scares the fuck out of them, and they get real mad.
Me too. When my light turns, I start moving and act as if I'm going to plow into them, stopping and honking just in time to give them the runs.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was just reminded of another one tonight.

Idiots who use their remote key panic button as a car finder in the parking lot.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have 3 for the same infuriating thing..

When your waiting in a turning lane that is notorious for being extremely long & has a very quick light, the first person in line delays longer than necessary or isn't paying attention causing only 3 of 30 cars to make it through the light.

When some Joe Cool asshole sees that that same turning line is in it's usual backed up self decides to stay in the going straight lane then when the light changes they jump or cut in line over in front of everyone else.

When you're in the going straight lane and the light turns green but you can't move forward because 3-4-5 or 6 jerk offs from the opposite turning lane decide they aren't going to wait another 2 minutes for their turn. No, they just keep going long after the light has turned red.

Yep...may someone be watching over them when the day comes when I catch up to one of them further up the road.

Based on that description, I was CONVINCED that "Bucks Co, PA" included West Chester and Frazer. I was surprised it did not.

BadMotoWeazal

Got Dirt?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9 year olds that just will not swing the damn bat..... How are you supposed to get on base if you will not swing the bat. (1st year of kid pitch baseball)

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People who feel the need to put some description of whatever it is they wish to portray in their "middle name" on facebook.

Donna TouchedbythedivinehandofGod Jones.
Tommy ItsallaboutTommynow Smith

Seriously, grow up.

Sincerely
Forty GoddamnthatwasagoodItaliansub Three

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dare "2" Be

You hate me now, or still?

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dare "2" Be

You hate me now, or still?

It would have to be Dare Thenumber2isthegreatestfuckingnumberever be.

Signed,
Forty Iuseanunderscorebecausethenamefortythreewithoutonewastakenoveratespn three

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People who feel the need to put some description of whatever it is they wish to portray in their "middle name" on facebook.

Donna TouchedbythedivinehandofGod Jones.
Tommy ItsallaboutTommynow Smith

Seriously, grow up.

Sincerely
Forty GoddamnthatwasagoodItaliansub Three

I wonder what Chris Bermans facebook page says?

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happened this morning, and it happens a lot.

You have to get over to the right lane to exit, but someone is to the right of you. So you take your foot off the gas a little (no braking) so they pass and you can switch lanes, however the asshole behind you is in a rush and quickly switches lanes and hugs their bumper thus making you wait longer. But wait, that's not it, the entire row of cars behind you decides to follow suit... Almost missed my exit. Assholes.

And before you say "you should have sped up and just switched lanes." It was one of those moments where there is someone immediately in front of you and the turd to your right is going the same speed.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You have to get over to the right lane to exit, but someone is to the right of you. So you take your foot off the gas a little (no braking) so they pass and you can switch lanes, however the asshole behind you is in a rush and quickly switches lanes and hugs their bumper thus making you wait longer. But wait, that's not it, the entire row of cars behind you decides to follow suit... Almost missed my exit. Assholes.

And before you say "you should have sped up and just switched lanes." It was one of those moments where there is someone immediately in front of you and the turd to your right is going the same speed.

I am convinced that people do not know how to properly "Yield" or "merge" in at out of interchanges. We have a merge here where the Kensington Expw and the I-90 interchange and it is a mess every rush hour and I swear there must be thee to four "accidents" there every week. My sister will not even drive through there during certain times.

Another thing is the misuse of the word "accident" most of these mishaps are not "accidents" but stupidity.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're not supposed to pass to the right either.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But, did you use a turn signal? ;)

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The entire NC Dept. of Transportation.

You name it, they manage to F it up. The DMV is a disaster. The DMV's web site is a total POS and won't let you do even the most basic things like change your address (it says you can do it but 100% of the time you get an error that says you have to go to the DMV to resolve it). Then you get to the DMV and generally have a 3+ hour wait. People will literally line up outside the DMV starting at about 7AM so that they won't be there until lunch time.

And then there's the road construction. I swear that an urban planner has never laid eyes on the roads around Charlotte. And if they did, I'm pretty sure they'd have an aneuryism immediately trying to understand what the hell the designers were thinking.

The busiest single highway interchange in NC (I-85 at I-77) has traffic on I-77 crossing to the opposite side so that the traffic from I-85 can merge in from the left AND from the right. The busiest section of highway in the state runs only 3 lanes in each direction, but they can have 4 lanes in each direction in the middle of the countryside further to the northeast.

Construction of a new outerbelt started about 25 years ago (only took 13 years of planning before that too). Total length (when finished) is approximately 68 miles. Still not finished. One of the earliest sections to open was built as a 4 lane rural interstate under the assumption that because the area was currently undeveloped it would remain undeveloped forever. Portions of that now average about 120K vehicles per day on a road designed to accomodate 50K.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The entire NC Dept. of Transportation.

You name it, they manage to F it up. The DMV is a disaster. The DMV's web site is a total POS and won't let you do even the most basic things like change your address (it says you can do it but 100% of the time you get an error that says you have to go to the DMV to resolve it). Then you get to the DMV and generally have a 3+ hour wait. People will literally line up outside the DMV starting at about 7AM so that they won't be there until lunch time.

And then there's the road construction. I swear that an urban planner has never laid eyes on the roads around Charlotte. And if they did, I'm pretty sure they'd have an aneuryism immediately trying to understand what the hell the designers were thinking.

The busiest single highway interchange in NC (I-85 at I-77) has traffic on I-77 crossing to the opposite side so that the traffic from I-85 can merge in from the left AND from the right. The busiest section of highway in the state runs only 3 lanes in each direction, but they can have 4 lanes in each direction in the middle of the countryside further to the northeast.

Construction of a new outerbelt started about 25 years ago (only took 13 years of planning before that too). Total length (when finished) is approximately 68 miles. Still not finished. One of the earliest sections to open was built as a 4 lane rural interstate under the assumption that because the area was currently undeveloped it would remain undeveloped forever. Portions of that now average about 120K vehicles per day on a road designed to accomodate 50K.

I've driven though there a lot of times and it is messed up. Plus I have noticed the MOV lanes hardly have any cars in them.

Edit: I will also take a shot at I-79 through Pittsburgh, they are always doing construction and the road is still a shambles. I travel to the south a lot and this is the worst stretch of the trip. It sucks !!

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've driven though there a lot of times and it is messed up. Plus I have noticed the MOV lanes hardly have any cars in them..

Edit: I will also take a shot at I-79 through Pittsburgh, they are always doing construction and the road is still a shambles. I travel to the south a lot and this is the worst stretch of the trip. It sucks !!

I travel that section of highway every day and they are used somewhat heavily in the AM rush. However, by my (totally unscientific) estimates, about 2/3 of the cars in the HOV lane are there illegally. The other issue with that lane is that it ends about 11 miles short of where it should run to (the SC state line).

And yeah, 79 through Pitt. is a nightmare. That's along the route we take back to Buffalo at holidays, etc. Dishonorable mention for that stretch where they tell you the speed limit is going to drop to 55 for the next 9 miles and it ends up being about 50.