• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Name some things that drive you fucking nuts

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Friggin future considerations.....

So we got Jon Gillies for "Future Considerations", which sucks for me.

I just got my alternate black Jersey jersey customized with Future Considerations on t eh back. Now what am I gonna do?

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Friggin future considerations.....

So we got Jon Gillies for "Future Considerations", which sucks for me.

I just got my alternate black Jersey jersey customized with Future Considerations on t eh back. Now what am I gonna do?
Can't believe Future Considerations was still in the NHL! Seems like he has been playing for ever. How many teams is this for him now 8, 9 or 10?

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just got my alternate black Jersey jersey customized with Future Considerations on t eh back.
In case you want to get the white one with Jersey on the front?

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
kids these days...

my kid had some friends over for lunch, and we ordered in some Japanese.
One of the kids was named Luke, and had never used chopsticks before.
He was having a hell of a problem figuring it out, so finally I said "Uuuse the fooork, Luke"

nothin'
just nothin'

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My son has exactly 2 friends with at least one anti-vaxx parent. One of them defied her father, and got vaxxed. They buried him the day after Christmas.

Now, the other texted my son last night that his dad has COVID and may be going into the hospital. The dad is staunchly anti-vaxx and the kid is as well. My son hung out with him and a group of friends from high school on Friday night. When my son asked about how rapid the onset was, he was told that apparently the dad tested positive around Christmas and just didn't bother telling anyone. Not even his unvaxxed kids. So as a result:

1) My son, who is double vaxxed but not boosted cannot return to BG until he has 3 negative tests on 3 consecutive days. He was going back up Thursday because that's the day his friend who lost her dad is going back and he wants to be there for her. He is scheduled to get boosted today. As are the other two kids and the wife. Literally the first appoinment they could get when scheduling the week before Christmas. Of that group of 7 friends, all but the ativaxx kid are prepping to travel back to college (He stayed in town and goes to OSU). All those plans are now up in the air and 6 families dealing with it.

2) Mrs43 is due to have her students return from Christmas break tomorrow, but since she is not boosted she has to find a sub until she has 3 negative tests.

3) I have 5 practices to run this week as the head coach is out of town, but I cannot due to my possible exposure and the number of unvaccinated players on the team. This affects the High School team, the U14 and U19 girls as well as all the goalies from Mite to HS. The program will let me come back after 2 neg tests since I am boosted but that has me missing 3 practices at least. 2 tonight.

4) My youngest is due to return to high school tomorrow and I am trying to find out what her school wants and whether she will have to start remote because of it.

All this hinges on whether or not I can find/buy tests. There is a drive up testing clinic nearby but the waits are hovering around 3 hours. And of course, who knows what chaos comes if one of us tests positive.

So FUCK OFF with that "it's a personal choice that doesn't affect anyone but me" bullshit.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Biopics about very recent history. Just saw Jennifer Lawrence is going to play Elizabeth Holmes in an upcoming film, that literally just happened. There's already a documentary about it.

When Steve Jobs died there were 2 or 3 movies that came out about him, I would much rather watch a documentary. There's enough interviews with him and people that were around him.

Or Straight Outta Compton, why would I watch Ice Cube's son play Ice Cube when the real Ice Cube is still around? I'd much rather hear him and the real Dr Dre tell their story.

Anyway, biopics for recent history are for stupid people.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i keep wanting to do dry january but then I work...... so yeah... if everyone could slow down a bit I would appreciate it

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Biopics about very recent history. Just saw Jennifer Lawrence is going to play Elizabeth Holmes in an upcoming film, that literally just happened. There's already a documentary about it.

When Steve Jobs died there were 2 or 3 movies that came out about him, I would much rather watch a documentary. There's enough interviews with him and people that were around him.

Or Straight Outta Compton, why would I watch Ice Cube's son play Ice Cube when the real Ice Cube is still around? I'd much rather hear him and the real Dr Dre tell their story.

Biopics in general have jumped the shark IMO. The one for Queen was the worst - according to that, Freddy Mercury’s bandmates were monogamous, clean gentlemen who were astonished at the hedonistic ways of their frontman who coincidentally happened to be the only member of the band who isn’t alive to shape the script.

Biopics should only be made two generations after the subject person(s) have died.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Biopics in general have jumped the shark IMO. The one for Queen was the worst - according to that, Freddy Mercury’s bandmates were monogamous, clean gentlemen who were astonished at the hedonistic ways of their frontman who coincidentally happened to be the only member of the band who isn’t alive to shape the script.

Biopics should only be made two generations after the subject person(s) have died.
I read the Mercury biopic was held up for a while because Brian May thought it should be more about the band and that Freddie's death should be in the middle of the movie.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And if you're going to do a biopic of a coach like Herb Brooks, DON'T LET DISNEY REMOVE HIS LANGUAGE FOR FUCK'S SAKE

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And kind of a side note to this: so we have biopics of Elvis, Audrey Hepburn, Boris Johnson, and others I'm missing I'm sure. Is the public at large begging for these to be made? So if and when they do not perform well what gets blamed? Are audiences stupid or did comic book movies ruin cinema? Maybe we just don't need to see a 2 hour movie about Audrey Hepburn......

I like Ridley Scott and like his movies usually but The Last Duel sounded awful to me. I'm sure it's well made but the story did not appeal to me. We're audiences begging for a he said / she said r*pe and duel story that occurred in 1386? I don't think so. But Ridley blames "millennials and their fucking cellphones". Maybe Ridley, but the only way I'm watching that movie is if it's on when I'm snowed in or if I hear there is unnecessary and excessive nudity in it.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And kind of a side note to this: so we have biopics of Elvis, Audrey Hepburn, Boris Johnson, and others I'm missing I'm sure. Is the public at large begging for these to be made? So if and when they do not perform well what gets blamed? Are audiences stupid or did comic book movies ruin cinema? Maybe we just don't need to see a 2 hour movie about Audrey Hepburn......

I like Ridley Scott and like his movies usually but The Last Duel sounded awful to me. I'm sure it's well made but the story did not appeal to me. We're audiences begging for a he said / she said r*pe and duel story that occurred in 1386? I don't think so. But Ridley blames "millennials and their fucking cellphones". Maybe Ridley, but the only way I'm watching that movie is if it's on when I'm snowed in or if I hear there is unnecessary and excessive nudity in it.
Please clarify is this biopic you mention about Elvis Merzlikins or that other guy? What's his name?

Costello. That's it. Costello.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am on a conference call and some guy is listening to a training session on his mobile phone on speaker while connected to the meeting on his laptop and he won't mute so we are getting to hear the other training from his tinny ass phone speaker through our meeting.

And the meeting leader won't mute him.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just waited in a long line at Walgreens just to buy a couple of items. First person took forever trying to figure out how to use the pin on their card. Next person treated Walgreens like a bank while $620 dollars in cash was slowly being counted out by the teller, er, cashier.

It was at this point I coined the word "idiodyssey"

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just waited in a long line at Walgreens just to buy a couple of items. First person took forever trying to figure out how to use the pin on their card. Next person treated Walgreens like a bank while $620 dollars in cash was slowly being counted out by the teller, er, cashier.

It was at this point I coined the word "idiodyssey”
You got that right. Why anybody uses a debit card to get cash from a teller when it’s so much quicker to just use a gun (preferably one you just cleaned). Some people just can’t be helped.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a club team in NE Ohio that pulls players from Cleveland, Canton, Akron and Youngstown. They play a pre-post season schedule with the following teams:

U18 AAA
U18 AA
HS Varsity
HS JV
U16 AAA
U16 "elite"
U15 AAA

But when the High School season gets going, they do two AAA teams for the reg season and split the rest down to 2 teams. 1 Varsity and one JV. EXCEPT tourney time. They come down here to play in the MLK tourney with two teams of the best in their whole program. And they are are laying waste to everyone. The closest game was 9-0 win against the fourth ranked team in the state. Because they are playing JV teams with essentially U18 AA or Varsity players. The AAA players are playing as the "varstiy" team

What do they get out of that?