• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Name some things that drive you fucking nuts

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember handing out schedules during fall ball and 1/2 of the parents asking “why do we have to drive to (insert any town in Butler county), we live in Sewickley?” Calm down fuckers, the rednecks up north aren’t going to r*pe and murder you at a little league game.

/is it obvious I’m not a huge people person? lol
Funny when we were up in Meridian (baseball org doesn't exist anymore - it has since merged into Butler Twp) during fall ball I had parents that complained about driving to Ford City, Saxonburg and freaking East Butler!

Trust me there was a LOT of deliverance country around there, so I don't blame your parents. :D

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny when we were up in Meridian (baseball org doesn't exist anymore - it has since merged into Butler Twp) during fall ball I had parents that complained about driving to Ford City, Saxonburg and freaking East Butler!

Trust me there was a LOT of deliverance country around there, so I don't blame your parents. :D
Omg, when we went to Meridian I expected to run into a KKK rally or a revival meeting on the way back

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I never understood the parents that complained about traveling. I used to hear it a lot when my son played travel hockey. The usual suspects would bitch and moan about having to travel to tournaments and what not.

I was just like if don’t want to travel, why you let your kid play travel hockey? It’s not like it a surprise you have to travel some. It’s right in the fucking name! Way? Everyone should travel to our rink so you don’t have to? :L

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Omg, when we went to Meridian I expected to run into a KKK rally or a revival meeting on the way back
LOL....some of those back roads outside the town of Butler were not smart to get stuck on.
Or as us residents of Butler even said, it was the West Virginia of Western PA.

This video, 35 seconds in, held true because this literally was on one of them.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never understood the parents that complained about traveling. I used to hear it a lot when my son played travel hockey. The usual suspects would bitch and moan about having to travel to tournaments and what not.

I was just like if don’t want to travel, why you let your kid play travel hockey? It’s not like it a surprise you have to travel some. It’s right in the fucking name! Way? Everyone should travel to our rink so you don’t have to? :L
Maybe my brother and sister in law were mislead or just misunderstood when they signed their kid up for travel soccer. All over central MD which can be far depending, but thats no big deal. Tournaments all the time the beach though. Both time and cash for accommodations really add up. Recently they had a weekend tournament in Richmond VA which is a 3-4 hour drive. lol plus in that one it seemed like they were getting jobbed by local teams and refs* so they pulled their team and forfeited their last game.

*I was not there (I will travel maybe 100 yards to watch one of my nephew's soccer games) and if it was just my sister in law I would not believe her. But several level headed people said the same thing.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And what is worse, in Western PA youth football back then (not sure how it is now), the teams you played against aligned up to the division the High School team was in. So naturally you could expect a lot of travel around the Pittsburgh area, naturally since it was football NOT ONE parent would bat an eye on driving around for that!

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe my brother and sister in law were mislead or just misunderstood when they signed their kid up for travel soccer. All over central MD which can be far depending, but thats no big deal. Tournaments all the time the beach though. Both time and cash for accommodations really add up. Recently they had a weekend tournament in Richmond VA which is a 3-4 hour drive. lol plus in that one it seemed like they were getting jobbed by local teams and refs* so they pulled their team and forfeited their last game.

*I was not there (I will travel maybe 100 yards to watch one of my nephew's soccer games) and if it was just my sister in law I would not believe her. But several level headed people said the same thing.
Richmond? I fully believe it. Richmond refs almost saw as a duty. Definitely some of the worst home cooking I can remember.

And I get it. It’s a lot travel and the cost can be prohibitive. His last year I easily spent $10-12K for everything. From league fees to mandatory off-ice strength and conditioning coach to color-matching equipment to airline tickets and hotels, etc. I loved watching him play, but my wallet was grateful when he finished.

Of course now he’s playing club at college as well as beer league and just who do you suppose is footing the bill for that as well? :rolleyes2:

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
84 bajillion different streaming services, and the "exclusive" shows they have on them.

I like Richard Hammond, and I am interested in his new car restoration show but I am not gonna spend 7 bucks a month to watch it along with a shit ton of "Curse of looking for coins on Oak Island" and "Dumb Fucking Yuppies Hunting Tiny Houses" re-runs.

Just put the fucking show on, you know, TELEVISION

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Electronic Nannies in cars. Wife's Mazda is in the shop. So they gave us a 2021 Mazda CX-30 while they work on her car. It does the most annoying shit.

- When you cross any line on the road, the steering wheel shakes to alert you that you are drifting out of your lane. Living in Ohio which is in a perpetual state of construction where the biggest tactic in construction is the "lane shift" this means that the steering wheel is pretty much always shaking. That's a great idea, lets take the attention of the person whose attention is already not on the road and force them to not look at the road but try to figure out why their car is shaking. Great.

- It beeps whenever someone is in your blindspot. Or behind you. Or anywhere near you.

- You cannot disengage the parking brake without putting a seatbelt on. Even if you never engaged the parking brake when you parked it, it is on. This applies to all seats it detects someone in. Note: My laptop bag on the back seat registers as a person.

- If someone cuts you off, it slams on the brakes for you.

- When you put the car in reverse, the side mirrors point at the ground. Because when I am backing up I am less concerned with what's behind me than I am with what's under me.

- It turns the headlights on and lights up the dash automatically. So you assume that your headlights are on all the time. But you actually have to flick the headlight switch "on" to get the rear lights to come on.

And of course all of this can be turned off, through a series of as few as 26 menus and understanding of hieroglyphics and abbreviations in sandscrit to know what to uncheck. Disengage RCO/MCS/T$ 7? Y/N. At least changing the radio station in a simple 9 click process. AFTER you click the 2 paragraph message telling you that driving distracted is bad that you HAVE to acknowledge every trip. "Ugh, I hate this song, lemme change the sta- What's that say? Oh, okay yeah driving distracted is ba- *steering wheel shakes violently*"

There needs to be a big button in the middle of the dash that says "I hereby declare I am not a fucking idiot and know how to operate a car" that turns all this off when you push it.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Engine trouble with my car which required a tow to the shop. If that wasn't bad enough, it took 6 hours for the tow truck to arrive from an original estimate of 100 minutes. Too late for the shop to have time to diagnose so they have to keep it overnight.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Engine trouble with my car which required a tow to the shop. If that wasn't bad enough, it took 6 hours for the tow truck to arrive from an original estimate of 100 minutes. Too late for the shop to have time to diagnose so they have to keep it overnight.
Ugh I know the pain.. my truck went into the shop last week.. still trying to find the issue of why the oil pressure drops to zero when there is oil still... Sorry for the troubles

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turned out it was just a failing fuel pump. Symptoms made me feel like it was going to be timing belt or a piston problem the way the car was shaking with the engine on idle.

I think it's time for an EV, but the choices are still limited.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turned out it was just a failing fuel pump. Symptoms made me feel like it was going to be timing belt or a piston problem the way the car was shaking with the engine on idle.

I made the switch early last year after my 15 year car was pretty much beyond (anything resembling reasonably priced) repair.

My experience is limited to Covid times, but I gotta tell you, I love it. Love how quiet it is. Love the instant torque. Love being able to plug it in overnight in my garage and being full in the AM.

I'm still under warranty for a while too, but I also love how few moving parts there are, relatively speaking for future repairs.

Definitely looking forward to the next few years when real competition for Tesla comes onto the scene.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely looking forward to the next few years when real competition for Tesla comes onto the scene.
That was my plan as well, but I'm on borrowed time as it is. In 2020 I was hoping for 2022, now it looks to be more like 2024-2025.

Are you using a standard 15 amp circuit overnight, or did you have your home electric upgraded?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do you still have the Cube?

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People who cannot tell when their sexual partners are faking.