• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Name some things that drive you fucking nuts

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey ... just curious dash ... do the shee-ple still line up for Chipotle at all times of the day next to your tower?

/that sounds/reads weird :think:

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry to hear that Johnny, I'm just getting over a cold myself, but fortunately no sinus headache for me. Feel better soon.

Thanks, Dash. It happens to me about 4 times a year. Pretty much when the climate changes here in NY, I get them. When it flip flops from cold to hot one day and then hot to cold the next, it messes up my sinuses.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona did not have it together for this primary, and I'm not even talking about Trump winning the state.

Today--the day on which we were to vote--I received by mail my updated voter registration card, since, even though I didn't move or change my name or anything else, something about my voter registration changed. I assume my precinct was rezoned, because my polling location was different this year.

Fortunately, I vote by early ballot, so this didn't end up being a problem for me, but for someone else--someone perhaps who was counting on their now-invalid voter registration card to be part of their identification, or someone who was relying on the voter registration card to tell them their voter information so they could find their polling location (which, by the way, I only found out mine changed because I got a text form the campaign for whom I volunteered last week, and not because the city actually bothered to notify me)--not receiving their registration card until whenever the mail arrived on voting day could have prevented them from casting their ballot. That's ridiculous.

The whole primary was a mess. Five hour lines, folks being turned away for nonsense reasons. It's a mess. Voting should be simple and straightforward, what with it being a promised and allegedly defended Constitutional right, but it's a convoluted mess.

Also, they didn't send me my I Voted Early sticker. Jerks.

/I'm so upset I wrote a 115 word sentence. That's almost as absurd as trying to vote in Arizona.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona did not have it together for this primary, and I'm not even talking about Trump winning the state.

Today--the day on which we were to vote--I received by mail my updated voter registration card, since, even though I didn't move or change my name or anything else, something about my voter registration changed. I assume my precinct was rezoned, because my polling location was different this year.

Fortunately, I vote by early ballot, so this didn't end up being a problem for me, but for someone else--someone perhaps who was counting on their now-invalid voter registration card to be part of their identification, or someone who was relying on the voter registration card to tell them their voter information so they could find their polling location (which, by the way, I only found out mine changed because I got a text form the campaign for whom I volunteered last week, and not because the city actually bothered to notify me)--not receiving their registration card until whenever the mail arrived on voting day could have prevented them from casting their ballot. That's ridiculous.

The whole primary was a mess. Five hour lines, folks being turned away for nonsense reasons. It's a mess. Voting should be simple and straightforward, what with it being a promised and allegedly defended Constitutional right, but it's a convoluted mess.

Also, they didn't send me my I Voted Early sticker. Jerks.

/I'm so upset I wrote a 115 word sentence. That's almost as absurd as trying to vote in Arizona.
You guys make voting harder than running. I've never waited more than 10 minutes to vote, and this is what my ballot looks like:

Ballot-by-Dean-Shareski-licensed-under-CC-2.0.jpg

So simple.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy crap, I didn't realize it, but Arizona was all sorts of messed up. Voting lines were up to five hours long (the last ballots were cast at midnight), they ran out of ballots at several polling locations, they had screwed up a lot of people's party affiliations and wouldn't let people vote because of it.

And to boot, there were four bomb threats or suspicious packages at Tucson polls, and the had to evacuate for an hour, because things weren't already too inefficient.

There's a lot of suspicion of malicious voter suppression going around, but my experience with this state is that there was nothing malicious about this, and the folks in charge just suck entirely at their jobs. Whichever it is, though, it really needs to be fixed.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy crap, I didn't realize it, but Arizona was all sorts of messed up. Voting lines were up to five hours long (the last ballots were cast at midnight), they ran out of ballots at several polling locations, they had screwed up a lot of people's party affiliations and wouldn't let people vote because of it.

And to boot, there were four bomb threats or suspicious packages at Tucson polls, and the had to evacuate for an hour, because things weren't already too inefficient.

There's a lot of suspicion of malicious voter suppression going around, but my experience with this state is that there was nothing malicious about this, and the folks in charge just suck entirely at their jobs. Whichever it is, though, it really needs to be fixed.
This might be a great demonstration of Hanlon's Razor in effect.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This might be a great demonstration of Hanlon's Razor in effect.

That's my primary explanation philosophy.

In the general election, though, there's a decent chance there will be intentional voter suppression. They've been all but transparent about it in the past. I just don't see the edge in the primaries, so I'm more inclined to assume it's just stupidity here.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, Helen Purcell is the worst. She's the Maricopa County recorder, and I'm not sure how she still has the job because everyone hates her, but when asked why the lines were so long in a year when voter turnout more than doubled, but the number of polling locations in the county more than halved (they've closed 140 of their 200 polling locations from the 2012 primary), when asked about what was to blame for the long lines, the first thing she said was "Well, the voters for getting in line, maybe us for not having enough polling places."

Maybe? You didn't have enough in 2012 compared to national averages, when there were half the voters and more than twice the polling locations. It was obvious voter turnouts were up this year. You should have known in advance that wasn't enough. And how can you even think it's okay to put blame on the voters for showing up? Sure more showing up leads to longer lines, but more showing up is exactly what you should be encouraging. It's just poor form.

Either do your job right, or actually assume responsibility when you don't.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno. When politics is concerned, all bets are off.

I know you're supposed to practice how you play, but they practiced way too hard. Now they've just called attention to themselves.

So even if they're trying to rig something, they've done so completely incompetently. I just can't completely keep stupidity out of the explanation, even if I acknowledge a conspiracy.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, Helen Purcell is the worst. She's the Maricopa County recorder, and I'm not sure how she still has the job because everyone hates her, but when asked why the lines were so long in a year when voter turnout more than doubled, but the number of polling locations in the county more than halved (they've closed 140 of their 200 polling locations from the 2012 primary), when asked about what was to blame for the long lines, the first thing she said was "Well, the voters for getting in line, maybe us for not having enough polling places."

Maybe? You didn't have enough in 2012 compared to national averages, when there were half the voters and more than twice the polling locations. It was obvious voter turnouts were up this year. You should have known in advance that wasn't enough. And how can you even think it's okay to put blame on the voters for showing up? Sure more showing up leads to longer lines, but more showing up is exactly what you should be encouraging. It's just poor form.

Either do your job right, or actually assume responsibility when you don't.

We're talking about AZ, maybe one of the most conservative places on the planet. Cost cutting to the max.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah...if something like that happens where I am, I'm gonna go nuts. Nothing like a (...okay many) psychopath running to get you motivated to do your civic duty.