• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Name some things that drive you fucking nuts

higgyfan4

Bossman you'll be missed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It'll probably cost the Mayor his job, especially since this is all being highlighted during the auto show.

The last time there was a 'crisis' during the Auto Show is when there was a big snowstorm and the city did a horrible job of clearing the streets. Next election Mayor Archer was no more, and thus began the infamous 'Hip Hop' Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick's reign of terror.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I cannot read a page of this thread, or another, because my work filter blocks it.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After all that Time Warner mess, looks like they have deactivated my account as of today.

Three days in my house without Internet service. I may need tranq darts for the children.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you have to take a crap (I mean really turtle heading or prairie dogging) and you lay down an ass gasket on the seat, but before you can get your pants down the ass gasket get pulled into the bowl before you can sit down...Timing can be a real bitch.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a show on Science Channel called "what on earth?". The premise is good, looking at Google Earth or other satellite images and identifying weird shit.

Right now, the episode is about what appears to be waves in the Pacific. They determined "By examining pixels", that the waves were a tsunami "over 500 feet high" that was "headed directly for Hong Kong". But naturally, no 500 ft Tsunami has ever hit Hong Kong, so they are setting about the task of explaining it.

It's, obviously to them, a test of a massive weapon that is controlling the Ocean and is what was used against Japan to shut down Fukushima. They are currently showing a CGI representation of how the waves would effect a submarine.

The other day, there was one with a picture of a weird blob with a shadow in the Nevada desert. So, of course, it meant that Area 51 is under surveillance from alien beings.

These people really need to learn to be a science.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a show on Science Channel called "what on earth?". The premise is good, looking at Google Earth or other satellite images and identifying weird shit.

Right now, the episode is about what appears to be waves in the Pacific. They determined "By examining pixels", that the waves were a tsunami "over 500 feet high" that was "headed directly for Hong Kong". But naturally, no 500 ft Tsunami has ever hit Hong Kong, so they are setting about the task of explaining it.

It's, obviously to them, a test of a massive weapon that is controlling the Ocean and is what was used against Japan to shut down Fukushima. They are currently showing a CGI representation of how the waves would effect a submarine.

The other day, there was one with a picture of a weird blob with a shadow in the Nevada desert. So, of course, it meant that Area 51 is under surveillance from alien beings.

Is jessie ventura the host? :noidea:

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Glad I read this. I saw the preview and thought it would have been interesting. Now I don't need to waste and hour.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad I read this. I saw the preview and thought it would have been interesting. Now I don't need to waste and hour.

I was flipping through channels and caught another one. It was on the ghost ships of the Aral Sea. They had a hell of a time trying to tie it to anything other than "There used to be water there. Now there isn't because they used it to irrigate nearby places".

"How did those ships get in the middle of the desert?"

"Uhhhh, they floated there 50 years ago when there was water?"

If only there was some kind of picture from space that could show what happened.
article-2150764-1356104F000005DC-711_634x536.jpg

Now that they've seen that they can do another episode claiming it was the illuminati that took the water.

And if they only had google. Story if anyone is interested:
The eerie, rusting 50-year-old ghost ships which are the only reminder that this desert used to be a sea

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I'm at the local Farmboy, an Ontario grocery store that I love, for reasons including they always have amazing little free samples. Just walking in the door I see some Oreo type knockoffs, but it's a bit crowded so I move on. Along the way I sample some delicious Gouda (which I proceeded to buy) and even some prime rib! But I make a point to return to the Oreos before leaving, because obviously.

When I get there, a mom is grabbing a little 1/4 Oreo for her son using the tongs. Then some for her other son. Then a few more crumbles for the first son. Then some more for the other son. Again. And again. Until. They. Are. All. Gone.

Pure, seething hate the likes I have never known, right there. Hell hath no fury like a deprived sweet tooth.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyone ever been to a naturopath ??? I hate to lump them all together but my first impression after visiting one yesterday wasnt very good

Started out with a long intro on naturopathic medicine and how theyre just like regular doctors, same schooling, just their treatment regimes are different ... ok ... she had alot of interesting informative stuff to say ... Im getting tested for food allergies/sensitivities (PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE no hops or barley sensitivity)

so she needs my blood and hell if she doesnt end up turning me into a pin cushion ... ended up leaving with 2 bandaids on each arm because she couldnt find a good vein which has never been a problem any other time ive had blood drawn :noidea:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A young guy (if I were to guess, probably late 20's/early 30's) with no apparent physical limitations asking me for spare change outside of Metrotown while smoking a dart. I was so tempted to ask the following questions/make the following statements:

1. You're asking for spare change, yet you have enough money to buy cigarettes?
2. Those clothes and jacket you're wearing look pretty new, I don't think you got those at GoodWill.
3. There are several stores within Metrotown looking for help, or if you prefer outside work, the Oasis Car Wash right close to my condo is also looking for help.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A young guy (if I were to guess, probably late 20's/early 30's) with no apparent physical limitations asking me for spare change outside of Metrotown while smoking a dart. I was so tempted to ask the following questions/make the following statements:

2. Those clothes and jacket you're wearing look pretty new, I don't think you got those at GoodWill.
3. There are several stores within Metrotown looking for help, or if you prefer outside work, the Oasis Car Wasj right close to my condo is also looking for help.

JUST GIVE ME THE DAMN CHANGE NEXT TIME DASH!!!

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

3. There are several stores within Metrotown looking for help, or if you prefer outside work, the Oasis Car Wash right close to my condo is also looking for help.

Then he would have thought you were subtly letting him know where you lived.