• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Name some things that drive you fucking nuts

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can turf that Panago pizza commercial with that creepy dude's laugh while they're at it, though.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kurdi, 3, drowned off Turkey as his Syrian refugee family was attempting to reach Greece. A startling image of his body washed up on the shore pricked the world's conscience about the plight of Syrian refugees.

The Charlie Hebdo cartoon translated from French to English reads: "Migrants, What would little Aylan have become if he had grown up? A bum groper in Germany." The accompanying cartoon depicts animal-like migrants chasing after women.

Nice one Charlie :L

'It's disgusting': Aunt of Alan Kurdi reacts to new Charlie Hebdo cartoon

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol - Closer to a James Earl Jones type of laugh than a girly Spezza laugh.
Sorry I saw 'creepy dude's laugh' and thought of Spezza. I didn't think he was creepy before the laugh.

So do we all have to act surprised when they are digging up bodies of hookers, loners, and drifters from his yard years from now?

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll tell ya what drives me nuts. IPA hangovers. Holy fuck.
I do not often get hangovers but if I really tie one on I might. I have had limited success with drinking a concoction of Propel or PowerAde Zero (small concentrated bottle you squirt into water) and half an Airborne tablet. That seems to usually have me feeling pretty good the next morning.

I do realize its probably just the water and/or a placebo effect, but I still stand behind it.

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not often get hangovers but if I really tie one on I might. I have had limited success with drinking a concoction of Propel or PowerAde Zero (small concentrated bottle you squirt into water) and half an Airborne tablet. That seems to usually have me feeling pretty good the next morning.

I do realize its probably just the water and/or a placebo effect, but I still stand behind it.

I had 4 IPAs last night during the hockey game. 4!!!! I woke up feeling like I just pledged a fraternity and drank a gallon of 3 month old keg beer.

Clearly I'm getting old.....

I have chugged about 40 ounces of water already and don't plan on stopping until this goes away. It's all good though, my team won. Had they not, this would have sucked big time.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The stock market is driving me nuts.

I'm young, so it's not like I have a ton in retirement...but this is me opening my portfolio:

"Huh...well, it's not much but you've only been saving for like 18 months. Wait...why is there LESS in the account than the actual number I've put into the account? Oh, because investing is maddening and idiotic. RIGHT."

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One. Uppers. Example: friend invites me over for game, I respond with a "maybe, not feeling great tonight". Their response? "I've been sick for a month and a half, haha!" Dude. Duddddde. Honestly, I'm sorry. That sucks. And I know, because you tell me often. But there is no need to one up my occasional illness with your "okay, but I'm always sick". Same friend who I can't chat with in other life situations because it magically returns to their problems. I call because I'm upset about parents moving..."yeah, that stinks...I'm away at school so I get it."

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time Warner Cable.

So, it seems they decided, in October, to add a 5 dollar charge to my bill. And they sent us a piece of mail about it, apparently. I don't know. I guess it got lost in ~30 pieces of junk mail we get from them a month telling us about their service offerings. We only had Internet service with them, so there should have been no variance in the bills for things like Pay Per View, etc. So we simply had them auto pay from our bank account every month like we always have.

Fast forward to last Friday when we get a threatening letter from them that our account is 22 dollars delinquent and they have turned us over to collections for it. Our service is due to be interrupted on Thursday.

Sweet, I thought. Proper motivation to get a new provider. They are being installed Saturday. Double the speed, and 10 bucks less a month.

But at no point did they email us, call us or make any effort to, after receiving four consecutive payments that were five bucks short, find out what happened. They just let us go to collections. And now they act like it's our fault.

So, I called today to tell them I was cancelling. First, I got the wrong department. And wouldn't you know it? The second largest telecom provider on earth can't seem to grasp the concept of transferring a phone call. And of course it was my fault for calling the wrong department, despite the fact that their system dumped me there after I answered every voice prompt question with "disconnect service". I am shamed.

When I finally got to the sloppy, nasty, cloven hooved Nazi who was to "help" me disconnect my service, it got sooooo much worse. After I explained, quite clearly, why I wanted to disconnect ("you dumped me to collections without an attempt to figure out what was wrong, and I've been a customer for 8 years without a single late payment, ever"). She tried to upsell me to a bundled service, not once... not twice... no less than 7 times. I literally spent 4 or 5 minutes of the phone call when the only word that left my mouth was "no".

I still do not have a disconnect date. I have nothing scheduled (and there was no one else who could help me). When the new people come to hook me up, I am just going to take their modem to one of their lobby locations along with a cute puppy and a handgun. I will tell them they need to disconnect me or the puppy gets it.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still do not have a disconnect date. I have nothing scheduled (and there was no one else who could help me). When the new people come to hook me up, I am just going to take their modem to one of their lobby locations along with a cute puppy and a handgun. I will tell them they need to disconnect me or the puppy gets it.
Make it a kitten, just in case they call your bluff.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One. Uppers. Example: friend invites me over for game, I respond with a "maybe, not feeling great tonight". Their response? "I've been sick for a month and a half, haha!" Dude. Duddddde. Honestly, I'm sorry. That sucks. And I know, because you tell me often. But there is no need to one up my occasional illness with your "okay, but I'm always sick". Same friend who I can't chat with in other life situations because it magically returns to their problems. I call because I'm upset about parents moving..."yeah, that stinks...I'm away at school so I get it."

I hear ya!! I've got this friend who always one-ups whatever you talk about. It get's so annoying. Worst part? He's got a twin brother who's even worse!! They're two-uppers!!

Me: " I ripped up my knee playing hockey the other day. Kind of a bummer. "
Buddy: " I feel ya. I broke my back skiing the other day."
Buddy's twin: "That sucks but I got sodomized by a live grenade just now annnnnddd I'm actually dead!!!"

Who needs 'em!!

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time Warner Cable.

So, it seems they decided, in October, to add a 5 dollar charge to my bill. And they sent us a piece of mail about it, apparently. I don't know. I guess it got lost in ~30 pieces of junk mail we get from them a month telling us about their service offerings. We only had Internet service with them, so there should have been no variance in the bills for things like Pay Per View, etc. So we simply had them auto pay from our bank account every month like we always have.

Fast forward to last Friday when we get a threatening letter from them that our account is 22 dollars delinquent and they have turned us over to collections for it. Our service is due to be interrupted on Thursday.

Sweet, I thought. Proper motivation to get a new provider. They are being installed Saturday. Double the speed, and 10 bucks less a month.

But at no point did they email us, call us or make any effort to, after receiving four consecutive payments that were five bucks short, find out what happened. They just let us go to collections. And now they act like it's our fault.

So, I called today to tell them I was cancelling. First, I got the wrong department. And wouldn't you know it? The second largest telecom provider on earth can't seem to grasp the concept of transferring a phone call. And of course it was my fault for calling the wrong department, despite the fact that their system dumped me there after I answered every voice prompt question with "disconnect service". I am shamed.

When I finally got to the sloppy, nasty, cloven hooved Nazi who was to "help" me disconnect my service, it got sooooo much worse. After I explained, quite clearly, why I wanted to disconnect ("you dumped me to collections without an attempt to figure out what was wrong, and I've been a customer for 8 years without a single late payment, ever"). She tried to upsell me to a bundled service, not once... not twice... no less than 7 times. I literally spent 4 or 5 minutes of the phone call when the only word that left my mouth was "no".

So similar to my recent Comcast experience...tricked me into bundling, bill doubled, called to fix it, was shuffled around to a dozen different people. First guy cut my service down to nothing. Like ten channels, no sports, even though I said I wanted sports. Second guy was nice, gave me some breaks, but still didn't take away the voice I never use. I just wish blackouts weren't a thing for sports, or I'd have all those packages and nothing else.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have learned that you have to tell them you are moving to a place where they don't service.

But, they asked where, and I panicked and said "Uranus".

they hung up on me.