• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Name some things that drive you fucking nuts

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure I've said this one before, but, people who stop in the middle of a traffic circle to let someone else in, and other boneheaded/dangerous transgressions.

Pittsburgh drivers are so bad at the "being nice but being horribly dangerous" thing. Like the jag off in Washington PA on 79 who came to an effing stop trying to let someone on from an on ramp. Yeah, force them to dangerously get on the freeway, and put me at risk of getting rear ended. Jag.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pittsburgh drivers are so bad at the "being nice but being horribly dangerous" thing. Like the jag off in Washington PA on 79 who came to an effing stop trying to let someone on from an on ramp. Yeah, force them to dangerously get on the freeway, and put me at risk of getting rear ended. Jag.

You would hate Jags.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pennsylvania has the weirdest on ramps in the world. I don't know how they get through a day without dozens of accidents at each one.

Those ones on 70 in Washington are prime examples. Long lead up, quarter mile or more. And then suddenly, right where the on ramp meets the freeway the merge area is like six car lengths. And one some of the worst ones, they put a stop sign at the end. Yeah. STOP and then join traffic going 70+ in the space of six car lengths. Great idea.

So, update on the goalie/no goalie situation for my son. Seems the coach has looked at the schedule and realized that our opponent this weekend is is a team from a program that only has one team at the Bantam level, so all of their select players are on it. And since most are 02 birthdays, they are playing at the "minor" level. They are 5-0 and the closest game they have played so far was against a team that shut us out. They beat that team 11-3. Only one other team has scored a goal on them.

Surprise, surprise, he wants his son to play the *next* game in goal, let my boy face this one. Me and the other coach have decided that no, we're just going to move forward with the plan. My son will skate out wearing borrowed stuff, and his precious little snowflake will get shelled, as I had hoped.

I asked my son if he wanted to go to a stick and puck and skate some to get a feel for it again and he said "Just put me out there with DeSean (His name is actually Andrew, but everyone calls him DeSean for some damn reason) and Daniel like Simon was. I can just cherry pick like he does. Piece of cake."

I even have my cover story in case he says my son has to play this weekend. "Oh, sorry. I am taking the weekend off as an opportunity to get a new toe bridge sewn into his pads. I drop them off tomorrow, he won't have 'em back til next Wednesday"

Other goalies of the board, if the coach asks, don't tell him how easy replacing toe bridges really is. Or that "sewing" doesn't come into it.

Jared

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we're talking about driving in Pittsburgh, I submit Exhibit A. I drive into the city every day from about 20 miles north. The attached picture shows Rt 28, which is a standard 55 MPH, 4 lane highway. About halfway to town, the road splits into a straight lane (right) and an exit lane (left) before going back to 2 lanes each direction.

There are huge traffic tie ups every day, mostly because people are trying to change lanes to get into the correct one for them. This I understand. What I don't understand is why we have to do 10 MPH once the merging is done. This drives me crazy every. single. day.

Also, notice the grey skies. I hope you like them, because that's us for like 900 days a year.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    273.8 KB · Views: 40

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pennsylvania has the weirdest on ramps in the world. I don't know how they get through a day without dozens of accidents at each one.

Those ones on 70 in Washington are prime examples. Long lead up, quarter mile or more. And then suddenly, right where the on ramp meets the freeway the merge area is like six car lengths. And one some of the worst ones, they put a stop sign at the end. Yeah. STOP and then join traffic going 70+ in the space of six car lengths. Great idea.

Pretty sure you and I have lamanted that interchange on here before. It's asinine. I don't have to drive it daily, but when I was in grad school I worked in Washington and did it daily. Stop signs. On on ramps. Idiotic. It's actually much better now that they've opened parts of it and expanded the 70/79 overlap portion. Still not great. I was talking to one of our coaches about it, and he said he got a ticket on 70 because he didn't stop at the stop sign on an on ramp. WHY WOULD YOU. He said if he had stopped he would've crashed into someone. And what's particularly awful in that part going west is that many people want to go to Pittsburgh, and stay in the right lane since the exit is there and it's hard to get over in traffic...so I can't even be nice and get in the left lane to let people on. Madness.

If we're talking about driving in Pittsburgh, I submit Exhibit A. I drive into the city every day from about 20 miles north. The attached picture shows Rt 28, which is a standard 55 MPH, 4 lane highway. About halfway to town, the road splits into a straight lane (right) and an exit lane (left) before going back to 2 lanes each direction.

There are huge traffic tie ups every day, mostly because people are trying to change lanes to get into the correct one for them. This I understand. What I don't understand is why we have to do 10 MPH once the merging is done. This drives me crazy every. single. day.

Also, notice the grey skies. I hope you like them, because that's us for like 900 days a year.

Ahhhh yes, 28. Always a pleasure. It's better now that the stop lights are gone, hah. And the new exits to get to Lawerenceville/Oakland are very helpful.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure you and I have lamanted that interchange on here before. It's asinine. I don't have to drive it daily, but when I was in grad school I worked in Washington and did it daily. Stop signs. On on ramps. Idiotic. It's actually much better now that they've opened parts of it and expanded the 70/79 overlap portion. Still not great. I was talking to one of our coaches about it, and he said he got a ticket on 70 because he didn't stop at the stop sign on an on ramp. WHY WOULD YOU. He said if he had stopped he would've crashed into someone. And what's particularly awful in that part going west is that many people want to go to Pittsburgh, and stay in the right lane since the exit is there and it's hard to get over in traffic...so I can't even be nice and get in the left lane to let people on. Madness.

The 70/79 interchange has actually gotten better. Now only mostly deadly. Before it was "Lucky to have made it through". Washington used to be a 2 and half hour rest point into our journey to Maryland. Now I wouldn't stop there if one of the kids was on fire. We just keep going until Morgantown. 3 and a half into the ride.

There are exit ramp stop signs all over Eastern and Central PA too. Not just there. York, Harrisburg, Hershey and West Chester/King of Prussia all have them. Dumbest damn thing I have ever seen.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Final score 16 - 3.

My son hit a post and had an assist. He did, however, lose his first exchange of hits along the boards.

Halfway through the game players were begging him to go in goal.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to Serena on winning SI Sportsperson of the Year (I was afraid American Pharoah was going to win). What part of this drives me nuts? The SI cover.

serena-williams-cover.jpg

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate when the companies we work with flood our office with cookies, cakes, candy, et al during December. I don't need anymore 'help' losing weight.....

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This stupid commercial...

Where the fuck is he driving from and to?
Why is he totally underdressed for the outdoor conditions should his car get stuck?
How is she unprepared for the terrain she is dog sledding on?
Why is he driving his car into a river in frigid temperatures?

These aren't people thirsting for adventure. These are two morons with a death wish.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tried to start a fight with a stranger yesterday because he chucked his shopping cart into a random corner of the parking lot instead of returning it to the cart corral. So I guess people who do shit like that.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pizza John's is closed on Monday.

Monday is the day that I had to go there.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An overturned milk truck has all lanes blocked on 95 for the last couple of hours. I have no idea how or when I will get home.

And I don't even drink milk.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tried to start a fight with a stranger yesterday because he chucked his shopping cart into a random corner of the parking lot instead of returning it to the cart corral. So I guess people who do shit like that.

Goddamn roid raging motherfucker.