• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Name some things that drive you fucking nuts

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Microsoft patches.

Two days ago, I was running a very intensive job on one of my systems at work. And a three letter agency waiting not so patiently for the results. Microsoft updates a software product I don't even use (but can't get rid of - internet exploder) and reboots my system and corrupts 65 gigs worth of evidence.

Last night, I was working on a practical exercise for a certification and needed to run a long processing job on my laptop. Which also got the updates last night and rebooted.

I've lost a few days worth of work all because some fucking monkey with a wiffle ball bat in the software sweatshop in Bangalore writes shit code that has to be patched by ham handed dingleberries who write their patches in such a way that can't be bothered to check and see if the system is, you know, doing something before it pulls the plug.

figtn,220x294,white,mens,ffffff.u3.jpg

The official uniform of the developers at Microsoft.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Microsoft patches.

Two days ago, I was running a very intensive job on one of my systems at work. And a three letter agency waiting not so patiently for the results. Microsoft updates a software product I don't even use (but can't get rid of - internet exploder) and reboots my system and corrupts 65 gigs worth of evidence.

Last night, I was working on a practical exercise for a certification and needed to run a long processing job on my laptop. Which also got the updates last night and rebooted.

I've lost a few days worth of work all because some fucking monkey with a wiffle ball bat in the software sweatshop in Bangalore writes shit code that has to be patched by ham handed dingleberries who write their patches in such a way that can't be bothered to check and see if the system is, you know, doing something before it pulls the plug.

figtn,220x294,white,mens,ffffff.u3.jpg

The official uniform of the developers at Microsoft.
You seem upset

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People with those HID headlights. They're crazy bright even on dim. I don't dim my lights for any cocksucker that thinks he needs lights brighter than the sun to see at night. People have been driving at night for over 100 years with basic headlights, and you're not being a dickhead to others on the road.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People with those HID headlights. They're crazy bright even on dim. I don't dim my lights for any cocksucker that thinks he needs lights brighter than the sun to see at night. People have been driving at night for over 100 years with basic headlights, and you're not being a dickhead to others on the road.

Preeeeeeach it. I'm not a fan of LED lights. They're sterile and cold (I know the benefits of course), and in headlights they're just obnoxious. Great, glad that you can see better but you just blinded all the other drivers you come into contact with.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, my right-wing co-worker just ranted about net neutrality passing by the FCC, complaining that we will now be seeing more taxes. :L

Last edited:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, my right-wing co-worker just ranted about net neutrality passing by the FCC, complaining that we will now be seeing more taxes. :L

I say that you should take a piss all over his laptop.

/The FCC would like you to take a tinkle, but I say take a piss.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Perhaps I'm ignorant...but I literally can't see a single negative to net neutrality. And all the crap that has been spewed against it is probably being backed by freaking Comcast.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps I'm ignorant...but I literally can't see a single negative to net neutrality. And all the crap that has been spewed against it is probably being backed by freaking Comcast.
Well yeah, if you're a large internet provider, there could be a negative because you can no longer charge higher rates for sites with deep pockets.

But we all know Comcast is worse than a Hitler/Stalin/Satan three way, so who cares.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hey, that's unfair. Time Warner has also bought a fair number of Senators.

And don't forget Fox...

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, that's unfair. Time Warner has also bought a fair number of Senators.

And don't forget Fox...

Hah, I'm in the depths of Comcast Country...I know only their evil.

Luckily (shit, where's the sarcasm tag again?) for all of us, they will soon be one and the same. So we've got that going for us.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Microsoft patches.

I work for a 3 letter agency too. FBI. Female body inspectors! Oh the hilarity!

*runs around metaphorically high fiving everyone until I run into Pix who shakes her head disapprovingly at me)

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I work for a 3 letter agency too. FBI. Female body inspectors! Oh the hilarity!

*runs around metaphorically high fiving everyone until I run into Pix who shakes her head disapprovingly at me)

Well, Higgy's been away, so SOMEONE has to do it.

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Police check stops for cruisers..

They put some up way back in the day on the strip where we cruised as kids and were giving tons of fix it tickets to cruisers for shit like low side pipes on muscle cars. My friend got 4 tickets in one night and got grounded for a month by his dad who took his car away.fucking bullshit.

1 ticket for side pipes

1 for high beams

1 for burning out by accident coming out of a fast food joint..he did not mean to do it..just a fuck upo thing happened as he tried to get out and was popped

1 illegal left turn

Finally everyone gave up and cruising dried up. Some sad shit !

I am still pissed off about what happened. Our freedom was taken away.

Fuck...

Later!

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On that note. I just love seeing (and hearing) a lowered car bottom out on a speedbump lmao

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Car stereos that rattle my house windows at 2am. Or any time of day. Love that.