• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Name some things that drive you fucking nuts

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey just to show im equal opportunity ... as of today, Im still scheduled for 2 colonoscopies with 2 different doctors because its taking forever and I will take the first appointment that has a confirmed date & time

/PRE-EMPTIVE - well thats actually because 2 colonoscopies sound more erotic to you than 1, jstew

Are the two of them at the same time?

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The additional dose of medication finally relieved my daughter's symptoms this weekend. She missed Wed-Fri because of it.

This morning, on the way into school, she started feeling carsick, and by the time we got to the school it turned into a full-blown migraine headache (no abdominal pain except nausea which accompanies a normal migraine headache. So another day missed today. Taking her back to the doctor in an hour to see what else we can do.

That really sucks. I hope they can do something.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That really sucks. I hope they can do something.
Exiting the doctor's office this morning, we are now armed with a new abortive medication for when one of these migraines start to take hold. We'll see how that goes.

More meds, yay.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exiting the doctor's office this morning, we are now armed with a new abortive medication for when one of these migraines start to take hold. We'll see how that goes.

More meds, yay.

Sorry to hear about all these medical issues with your daughter, dare. I hope the new meds do the trick.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not being allowed to have pets in rental properties. I'm not financially secure enough yet to buy, but I am secure enough to have a dog. But god forbid we allow dogs in rental properties.

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hamstrings...or more specifically bum hamstrings. At 45 I'm not a half bad runner/jogger. Yesterday I did 5 miles (or about 8K for you 'Nucks up North :D) at a 7:50/min pace...not flying, but not too bad either. I noticed at about mile 3 or so, my left hamstring started to tighten a bit. Of course I just ignored it and kept running. Now today I was hoping to do 6 miles at a 7:45 pace. Well I only made it 3. Damn thing tighten up so bad I was afraid to keep going and risking real damage.

This has been an on again, off again problem I've been dealing with for about a year now. It'll will feel fine for a few months, then I'll deal with painful tighten when running (and sometimes biking) for a few weeks until it just seems to go away again. I warm up and stretch it out, cool down and stretch it out. I've tried IcyHot, heating pads, ice, stretching in the middle of runs...none seems to help.

damned gimpy hamstrings! :gaah:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A curling shot (granted it was a pretty nice shot) defeats Schlemko's sensational OT shootout goal in TSN's 1V1 contest.

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A curling shot (granted it was a pretty nice shot) defeats Schlemko's sensational OT shootout goal in TSN's 1V1 contest.

admittedly I haven't seen the curling shot, but that's just wrong cuz that Schlemko goal was straight up a thing of beauty!

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
meh, I guess it was a nice shot...maybe I'm just not drunk enough to fully appreciate it :suds:

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a fine shot to win the game (and curling is very popular in Canada).

Interestingly, the Toronto FC season opener against the Vancouver Whitecaps -- a portion of which was head-to-head against the Leafs telecast on Saturday -- drew 353,000 on TSN, the most-watched MLS game in the network's history.

"Even the TFC got more than 50% of the Leaf rating and head-to-head in the same time slot," an advertising executive familiar with the Canadian sports broadcasting landscape said.

"That would have been unthinkable not long ago. Curling is the big weekend winner by a large margin, it seems."

Indeed, Sunday night's Brier final drew a solid viewership of 1.25 million viewers, a 40% increase over the previous year.

The Brier semifinal between Brad Gushue and Pat Simmons on Saturday had an audience of 896,000, easily surpassing the Leafs-Blues number.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get to have a hida scan (sounds cozy) on mine next week ... been watching some removal surgeries on youtube as its most likely my destiny ... thats a tidy 10 minute operation!!!

Its not fun and its not as easy as they say but its not awful.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
feeling ok comeds?

Overall I am. I was just told that I might be able to return to work a day or two after so I had it scheduled on a Thursday thinking I would return to work Monday. As I was being prepped for the surgery the doctor asked when I was returning to work. I answered Monday and he told me that was too soon. So instead of 2 days missed I have missed 4. I hope to go in tomorrow.

Never in real serious pain but sore and uncomfortable. I only used the pain meds the first day then at nights. No appetite at all but no vomiting, nausea, or diarrhea so I will take the no appetite.

I get to take bandages off today. Unless my intestines push through that should help me feel better. Just about anything I do has bandage tape pulling and pinching me.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall I am. I was just told that I might be able to return to work a day or two after so I had it scheduled on a Thursday thinking I would return to work Monday. As I was being prepped for the surgery the doctor asked when I was returning to work. I answered Monday and he told me that was too soon. So instead of 2 days missed I have missed 4. I hope to go in tomorrow.

Never in real serious pain but sore and uncomfortable. I only used the pain meds the first day then at nights. No appetite at all but no vomiting, nausea, or diarrhea so I will take the no appetite.

I get to take bandages off today. Unless my intestines push through that should help me feel better. Just about anything I do has bandage tape pulling and pinching me.

good stuff ... how long was the actual procedure? how long were you out?

/all was quiet during my hida scan until after the milkshake and about 20 minutes later, the technician broke her silence and abruptly asked "did you just move?" and i said no and she said "have you felt anything different in the past 5 minutes?"

I asked whats the problem and she said "oh nothing"

?

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good stuff ... how long was the actual procedure? how long were you out?

/all was quiet during my hida scan until after the milkshake and about 20 minutes later, the technician broke her silence and abruptly asked "did you just move?" and i said no and she said "have you felt anything different in the past 5 minutes?"

I asked whats the problem and she said "oh nothing"

?

The doctor talked to my wife after an hour and said it went well and I should be ready to go in an hour. Then no one talked to her for 2.5 hours. So I guess I was slow waking up. I was very nauseous from the anesthesia with some vomiting and one of my incisions broke open and they had to bring the surgeon back. Most of my time in the post op is just a haze.

I wonder what she saw on the HIDA scan? Its a pretty straightforward test. If there was a leak somewhere or a serious blockage you would probably be in serious pain and/or feverish.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The doctor talked to my wife after an hour and said it went well and I should be ready to go in an hour. Then no one talked to her for 2.5 hours. So I guess I was slow waking up. I was very nauseous from the anesthesia with some vomiting and one of my incisions broke open and they had to bring the surgeon back. Most of my time in the post op is just a haze.

I wonder what she saw on the HIDA scan? Its a pretty straightforward test. If there was a leak somewhere or a serious blockage you would probably be in serious pain and/or feverish.

needless to say, Im wondering that too ... the gal was a bit of a twat lol

They didnt ask me back to go away and come back to do the delay test later in the day and no doctor has yet called me so Im all good for now