• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Name some things that drive you fucking nuts

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ Definition of fucktard.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gallbladders

I get to have a hida scan (sounds cozy) on mine next week ... been watching some removal surgeries on youtube as its most likely my destiny ... thats a tidy 10 minute operation!!!

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gallbladders

I feel you brah, I feel you. I still have mine, but I know the day is coming where we shall part (Mom had hers out recently, and I get solid "gall pain" if I eat too much greasy stuff)

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get to have a hida scan (sounds cozy) on mine next week ... been watching some removal surgeries on youtube as its most likely my destiny ... thats a tidy 10 minute operation!!!

I feel you brah, I feel you. I still have mine, but I know the day is coming where we shall part (Mom had hers out recently, and I get solid "gall pain" if I eat too much greasy stuff)

Hopefully if all things go well I can tell you about the surgery at the end of next week. If it goes poorly, well its been nice.

The HIDA scan was fine, mine was long but painless. Get injected with stuff. Lay still for an hour. Drink a milkshake. Lay still for another hour.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully if all things go well I can tell you about the surgery at the end of next week. If it goes poorly, well its been nice.

The HIDA scan was fine, mine was long but painless. Get injected with stuff. Lay still for an hour. Drink a milkshake. Lay still for another hour.

itll be all good for you comeds ... after watching those youtube videos Im confident I could probably perform one on myself its that easy ... and I havent stayed at a holiday inn express recently

/although being at the age and circumstances when Im beginning to be poked and PROBED I dont like hearing about antibiotic resistant superbugs living on endoscopes ... again dont worry comeds lol

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, they will rub some Purell on the endoscope and everything should be fine. Plus my BAC will be around .25 so that should kill anything.

Its been a fun trip. Three bad bouts of pain followed by 6 weeks of off and on discomfort. Ultrasound, HIDA Scan, MRI, stomach endoscopy.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
itll be all good for you comeds ... after watching those youtube videos Im confident I could probably perform one on myself its that easy ... and I havent stayed at a holiday inn express recently

/although being at the age and circumstances when Im beginning to be poked and PROBED I dont like hearing about antibiotic resistant superbugs living on endoscopes ... again dont worry comeds lol
Wife ended up in the hospital last year because of c. diff., one of those super bugs. She spent 5 nights/6 days there. Lost something like 15% of her body weight leading up to the hospitalization.

For a little context, a guy I work with's daughter had to have heart surgery around the same time. She spent 2 nights. Shows how fucking nasty that thing can be.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wife ended up in the hospital last year because of c. diff., one of those super bugs. She spent 5 nights/6 days there. Lost something like 15% of her body weight leading up to the hospitalization.

For a little context, a guy I work with's daughter had to have heart surgery around the same time. She spent 2 nights. Shows how fucking nasty that thing can be.

damn ... thats shitty

/Im sorry I had too

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its been a fun trip. Three bad bouts of pain followed by 6 weeks of off and on discomfort. Ultrasound, HIDA Scan, MRI, stomach endoscopy.
My daughter went through all those tests as well, upper central abdominal pain, nausea and vomiting for 10 weeks. I really thought it was the gall bladder as even though the HIDA scan numbers came back normal, her pain shot up to its highest level during the test. Still, she was eventually diagnosed with abdominal migraine, was put on Elavil and within 3 days her symptoms vanished.

That was back in early December when it finally ended. Her symptoms are back this week, and the doctor doubled her dosage. We are still waiting for the new dosage to take effect, it it will. Today is day 3 of the additional dose.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My daughter went through all those tests as well, upper central abdominal pain, nausea and vomiting for 10 weeks. I really thought it was the gall bladder as even though the HIDA scan numbers came back normal, her pain shot up to its highest level during the test. Still, she was eventually diagnosed with abdominal migraine, was put on Elavil and within 3 days her symptoms vanished.

That was back in early December when it finally ended. Her symptoms are back this week, and the doctor doubled her dosage. We are still waiting for the new dosage to take effect, it it will. Today is day 3 of the additional dose.

wow ... ive never heard of that ... shitty also ... must be a real headache

/Im sorry ... fuck Im a douche!

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey just to show im equal opportunity ... as of today, Im still scheduled for 2 colonoscopies with 2 different doctors because its taking forever and I will take the first appointment that has a confirmed date & time

/PRE-EMPTIVE - well thats actually because 2 colonoscopies sound more erotic to you than 1, jstew

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wow ... ive never heard of that ... shitty also ... must be a real headache

/Im sorry ... fuck Im a douche!

That's a new one on me too. And while I'm not a doctor, having a wife with Crohn's who also then had the aforementioned c. diff. infection, I thought I was up on the majority of gastro issues.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a new one on me too. And while I'm not a doctor, having a wife with Crohn's who also then had the aforementioned c. diff. infection, I thought I was up on the majority of gastro issues.

did they treat that with the whole "insert" "clean" poop thing? wonder what was first thought of the doctor who first came up with that idea

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's also known as cyclic vomiting syndrome. Not really a gastro issue per se, in fact, it wasn't until all the potential gastro causes were ruled out was she referred to a neurologist.

Still, if this 2nd bout doesn't come under control, I'm still not letting go of the gall bladder idea.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did they treat that with the whole "insert" "clean" poop thing? wonder what was first thought of the doctor who first came up with that idea
No, they generally only go for that in certain cases:
a) You can't take the antibiotics. There are only 3 antibiotics (as of last summer at least) that can treat c. diff. If you happen to be allergic, you're in trouble. One of them - called Flagyl - is also known as one of the harshest antibiotics on the planet. If you can tolerate it, it can work really well. But for many (my wife included) the side effects are so severe that the medicine doesn't even work.
b) Cases that just don't respond to the antibiotics.

She was lucky to be able to take one of the antibiotics and have it respond.

The poop transplant is supposed to be remarkably effective though, moreso even than any of the meds. It's a more invasive method though, so they tend to prefer trying the antibiotics first. And although it's not as critical as in an organ transplant, compatibility between donor and recipient is important too, so it can be a case of "easier said than done."

/I didn't just know all of this. When you're wife's in the hospital for 6 days you do a LOT of reading up on what's wrong with her.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's also known as cyclic vomiting syndrome. Not really a gastro issue per se, in fact, it wasn't until all the potential gastro causes were ruled out was she referred to a neurologist.

Still, if this 2nd bout doesn't come under control, I'm still not letting go of the gall bladder idea.
Yeah, I was just reading about it a little bit. Essentially the same trigger that causes migraine headaches in some people but causes gastro-type symptoms in a very small percentage. Sounds horrible.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That sounds awful, I hope the meds kick in.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wow. New one to me too. Hoping things start working for her.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The additional dose of medication finally relieved my daughter's symptoms this weekend. She missed Wed-Fri because of it.

This morning, on the way into school, she started feeling carsick, and by the time we got to the school it turned into a full-blown migraine headache (no abdominal pain except nausea which accompanies a normal migraine headache. So another day missed today. Taking her back to the doctor in an hour to see what else we can do.