• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Name some things that drive you fucking nuts

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know if you've read the Lundy REALLY thread but it is a testament to stupidity. great stuff lol

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if the woman in the video below is related to Zinedine Zidane...

Last edited by a moderator:

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People who buy milk and bread before a huge storm

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure tailgating has previously been mentioned, but it was a bad day on the roads of Vancouver Island for me yesterday. Also, the ferry isn't going to leave until all vehicles are safely on-board, there's no need to come screaming up behind me (especially when the posted speed limit is 20 km/hr).

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People who buy milk and bread before a huge storm

Used to be a pet peeve of mine until I moved to a place that knows how to handle snow. When I lived in Baltimore, the news stations would actually broadcast a live report from the Super Fresh Grocery Store nearest the station before every single snowfall. Not sure if it was to report on chaos or drive it.

It was chaos. I hated when my routine shopping time fell on the day before it was supposed to snow. My nice, quiet grocery store became a DMZ. People would have eggs, bread, milk and toilet paper.

Like the only way to ride out a storm is to eat french toast and shit.

Here, the stores do get a bit busier before a storm, but people only seem to be buying beer and wine.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Used to be a pet peeve of mine until I moved to a place that knows how to handle snow. When I lived in Baltimore, the news stations would actually broadcast a live report from the Super Fresh Grocery Store nearest the station before every single snowfall. Not sure if it was to report on chaos or drive it.

It was chaos. I hated when my routine shopping time fell on the day before it was supposed to snow. My nice, quiet grocery store became a DMZ. People would have eggs, bread, milk and toilet paper.

Here, the stores do get a bit busier before a storm, but people only seem to be buying beer and wine.

Well at least they can't go out on the road and screw up since nobody will get out on the road

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well at least they can't go out on the road and screw up since nobody will get out on the road

Actually, Ohio roads improve with snow. Fills in the potholes and makes it smooooooth.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have a running joke with one side of my family from a "snowpocolypse" situation a few years ago. Now, granted this was actually a big snow storm, I think they ended up getting like 10-15 inches, somewhere in that range. My school (hour south of their place) the day of the storm which hit at night told students who could to go home because they were afraid they'd lose power and didn't want liability...which is idiotic because they instead sent students onto the roads. I digress... The point being that we have "the essentials". Everyone was going on about milk, but ours? Toilet paper, chips, beer, ice cream. Boom.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a running joke with one side of my family from a "snowpocolypse" situation a few years ago. Now, granted this was actually a big snow storm, I think they ended up getting like 10-15 inches, somewhere in that range. My school (hour south of their place) the day of the storm which hit at night told students who could to go home because they were afraid they'd lose power and didn't want liability...which is idiotic because they instead sent students onto the roads. I digress... The point being that we have "the essentials". Everyone was going on about milk, but ours? Toilet paper, chips, beer, ice cream. Boom.

You are forgetting tastykakes.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I too find the "snow panic!" crowd annoying. Especially where I live, I can pretty much open my window and reach my neighbors house. The odds of anyone getting snowed in for days on end is laughable, especially considering I have a 30 second walk to 2 convenience stores and a super market.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I too find the "snow panic!" crowd annoying. Especially where I live, I can pretty much open my window and reach my neighbors house. The odds of anyone getting snowed in for days on end is laughable, especially considering I have a 30 second walk to 2 convenience stores and a super market.

Same here. I needed to go to the grocery store because I needed food yesterday, but waited until an inch or two had fallen so it wouldn't be so crowded. I cracked up when I walked by the water and it was all gone. Modern plumbing is underground and safe, and during no weather event is more water readily available than a snowstorm! ;)

Sorry 43, but I gotta mention another thing I hate - people from snowier cities bitching about how people handle snow worse in less snowy areas. Yes, Buffalo handles snow better than Pittsburgh, which handles it better than Baltimore, which handles it better than Raleigh. This is a function of better and more plentiful snow equipment generally as you go North and people having more practice in those conditions. It's not genetic or related to intelligence, nor would I expect Raleigh to have the same snow clearing equipment as Buffalo since it would be a waste of money.

I also dislike people bragging about snow days.

I'm off today!!! ;)

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry 43, but I gotta mention another thing I hate - people from snowier cities bitching about how people handle snow worse in less snowy areas. Yes, Buffalo handles snow better than Pittsburgh, which handles it better than Baltimore, which handles it better than Raleigh. This is a function of better and more plentiful snow equipment generally as you go North and people having more practice in those conditions. It's not genetic or related to intelligence, nor would I expect Raleigh to have the same snow clearing equipment as Buffalo since it would be a waste of money.

I also dislike people bragging about snow days.

I'm off today!!! ;)

13390408-1392352077-640x360.jpg