• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Name some things that drive you fucking nuts

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
since we're on to oil and gas ... forgot if I shared this but Chevron wanted to give schools in our area money ... I guess you could say they had some strings attached ... they would put some sticker on their pumps at gas stations to the effect that they were "proudly supporting (name of city here) schools, teachers and students" ... I dont think there was anymore to it ... no signage in schools

the decision to approve this donation was left up to the various municipalities that oversee the various district school boards ... Vancouver flat out declined the donation offer ... the city i live in Burnaby (who are run by a lefter than liberal union type party) surprisingly accepted. They kinda used it to bring the (right side) provincial govt some scrutiny (ie we have to accept these dollars because the provincial govt has gutted funding for public schools)

anyhoo, to get a donation grant (to a maximum of $3000 per class/teacher), all that burnaby teachers have to do is independently apply for it ... and tell Chevron what they would spend the money on for the students

apparently the teachers union has put its foot down and told teachers not to apply ... my son has a great teacher ... she went against her unions directive and applied for it and got the grant and ended up getting microscopes. Shes designed a learning segment for the kids that will see them look at water samples taken from the area

my sons teacher told my wife that some of her teaching colleagues at the school have stopped talking to her :L

Good grief. :L

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
since we're on to oil and gas ... forgot if I shared this but Chevron wanted to give schools in our area money ... I guess you could say they had some strings attached ... they would put some sticker on their pumps at gas stations to the effect that they were "proudly supporting (name of city here) schools, teachers and students" ... I dont think there was anymore to it ... no signage in schools

the decision to approve this donation was left up to the various municipalities that oversee the various district school boards ... Vancouver flat out declined the donation offer ... the city i live in Burnaby (who are run by a lefter than liberal union type party) surprisingly accepted. They kinda used it to bring the (right side) provincial govt some scrutiny (ie we have to accept these dollars because the provincial govt has gutted funding for public schools)

anyhoo, to get a donation grant (to a maximum of $3000 per class/teacher), all that burnaby teachers have to do is independently apply for it ... and tell Chevron what they would spend the money on for the students

apparently the teachers union has put its foot down and told teachers not to apply ... my son has a great teacher ... she went against her unions directive and applied for it and got the grant and ended up getting microscopes. Shes designed a learning segment for the kids that will see them look at water samples taken from the area

my sons teacher told my wife that some of her teaching colleagues at the school have stopped talking to her :L

Geez. Look, I'm really not a fan of big oil, etc. BUT if there's one thing they're good for, it's guilt donations. Take advantage of it.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How Much Did the Snowstorm Shutdown Cost New York City?

crying-jess.gif

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(Oh man, don't even get me started on fracking.)

Imagine if it somehow ends up causing a group of hispters to spill their free trade coffee?

The state government has been moving towards allowing fracking in the place I often vacation at in western MD. Who cares that the clean water, air, and forests have been a financial asset of the state for a century. And who cares its estimated the gas deposits are not that large and would probably only be viable for 5-10 years. And who cares that the majority of the jobs created would be temporary jobs for out of state workers.

Lets roll the dice and risk clean waterways, forests, and wildlife for maybe 10 years. It makes no sense environmentally or financially.

I'm considering running for office more and more. Not because I actually think I could change anything. More because of the "if you can't beat em' join em'" mindset. I might as well line my pockets "servicing" the public.

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The state government has been moving towards allowing fracking in the place I often vacation at in western MD. Who cares that the clean water, air, and forests have been a financial asset of the state for a century. And who cares its estimated the gas deposits are not that large and would probably only be viable for 5-10 years. And who cares that the majority of the jobs created would be temporary jobs for out of state workers.

Lets roll the dice and risk clean waterways, forests, and wildlife for maybe 10 years. It makes no sense environmentally or financially.

I'm considering running for office more and more. Not because I actually think I could change anything. More because of the "if you can't beat em' join em'" mindset. I might as well line my pockets "servicing" the public.

The orange hair should have tipped me off. Donald Trump has been posting on the Hoop for 5 years!

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The orange hair should have tipped me off. Donald Trump has been posting on the Hoop for 5 years!

You are the weakest link, goodbye!

(Donald's catchphrase from his popular reality show)

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bolded is my biggest thing. We're risking a LOT for short term gains. A LOT. And it's not safe, so they can stop spewing that BS whenever. But what kills me is in my small town there's been a bit of a boom, which is nice and all...but I know it won't last. It'll be over when the gas is gone, and it's going to hurt people. Maybe I'm just bitter because I'm super annoyed by them driving up rent (I pay $650 in a small college town...I shouldn't be paying more than $450 max) and taking over the small roadways with their gigantic trucks. They're all from Texas, Lousiana, etc. It's a momentary bump for the local economy that'll be gone soon. It's not a good thing.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh no. Please not Deep Creek.

I mean, please not anywhere, but especially not there. One of my favorite places on the planet.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also; miscreants who throw stuff all over a locker room and leave it trashed.

I picked up a piece of tape on my blade and as I stepped on the ice went straight down. Had a bucket of pucks in one hand and two sticks in the other. Landed square on my chest/belly.

Hope the ribs aren't broken. I can breathe normally, so they probably aren't.

And yes, I found out who was in there before us and emailed their coach.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh no. Please not Deep Creek.

I mean, please not anywhere, but especially not there. One of my favorite places on the planet.

I'm pretty near there, I'm sure it's coming. I'm north of Morgantown about 30 minutes, and it's endless wells.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also; miscreants who throw stuff all over a locker room and leave it trashed.

I picked up a piece of tape on my blade and as I stepped on the ice went straight down. Had a bucket of pucks in one hand and two sticks in the other. Landed square on my chest/belly.

Hope the ribs aren't broken. I can breathe normally, so they probably aren't.

And yes, I found out who was in there before us and emailed their coach.

My wrestlers did endless amounts of crunches/squat jumps/pushups today because they left their room trashed and coach walked a recruit into the mess.

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sideline chirpers. I was playing indoor soccer tonight, our team was down 3-0 despite a close game. Every time we shot or missed a shot, this loser on the sideline (one of their injured players) would make a snide comment. "All day, boys" "No shot, no shot, he's not a shooter" etc... It was weird, because nobody on the field was a dick but this guy on the sideline was douching it up big time.

Needless to say, when I tied the game up in the final minute with a long range bullet, it was very satisfying. I don't normally showboat, but I felt walking straight past him doing the Talbot shhhhh was appropriate.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sideline chirpers. I was playing indoor soccer tonight, our team was down 3-0 despite a close game. Every time we shot or missed a shot, this loser on the sideline (one of their injured players) would make a snide comment. "All day, boys" "No shot, no shot, he's not a shooter" etc... It was weird, because nobody on the field was a dick but this guy on the sideline was douching it up big time.

Needless to say, when I tied the game up in the final minute with a long range bullet, it was very satisfying. I don't normally showboat, but I felt walking straight past him doing the Talbot shhhhh was appropriate.

That's awesome.

09-28-14-reed-shhh.gif

PS - Glad you're okay, 43. Though I'm a little sad there's no video of that. ;)

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

are-you-not-entertained.gif

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bad news - I know what broken ribs feel like.

The good news - I get to keep my spleen.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I didn't mention one detail about the incident yet. My son is in 7th grade at a private school. His school feeds into a larger high school with a pretty decent hockey program. In fact, my son already takes band at said high school. Academically, they *really* like him.

That high school is the team that had the trashed room before us. They have it two hours before us every week. That's the coach I emailed.

Got his response today, it was basically "Sorry 'bout that. I will talk to them". Then "Hey while I have you, can you share your upcoming schedule of games? We want to come get a better look at your son in games he's in net".

I should probably take some vicodin before I respond. I need to figure out a nice way to say "If you can't control that group of monkeys in the room, if that is level of respect you instill in your boys, there is no fucking way my son is coming to your school. "

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
saw on the local news that there is an uptick in kids getting their immunizations in Jan 2015

health official loosely attributed it to families with spring break plans to go to Disneyland wanting to safeguard themselves against the measles outbreak down there

... I guess the anti-vaxx principles/beliefs go out the window when you laid down cash for your kids to drool all over Mickey and Elsa

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
saw on the local news that there is an uptick in kids getting their immunizations in Jan 2015

health official loosely attributed it to families with spring break plans to go to Disneyland wanting to safeguard themselves against the measles outbreak down there

... I guess the anti-vaxx principles/beliefs go out the window when you laid down cash for your kids to drool all over Mickey and Elsa

I wonder if they still have that ride with the dishes and plates for the little kids. I think it was called Goofy's Petri Dishes.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm FB friends with one anti-vaccine person, just un-friended. Too idiotic to ignore the science behind it and put others (infants, immunodeficients, cancer patients, etc) at risk, in addition to pretending these conditions aren't a big deal. Sure, to a healthy person maybe a case of the measles isn't awful...but to a immuno compromised person, it is. So remove your head from your ass and do REAL research...yeah, you'll see that the autism link has been disproven and that the original work was a crock with fudged numbers. Today she posted "Person with two doses of MMR contracts measles"...oh, maybe it's because you assholes brought a long forgotten disease back to life by not immunizing!