• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Name some things that drive you fucking nuts

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since only the folks in my lab can get into our hallway, we just leave our bikes here. But it's a fire code violation to leave all the bikes propped up against the wall, I guess, so the fire department impounded them. Except for my two bikes, fortunately. Someone apparently stalled them.

I was lucky, because I got my bike out before it could be impounded, but bikes are not super wide, and there's more than enough room to navigate our hallway three people wide with the bikes there. Plus there's a big crate on the same side that we can do literally nothing about, so the places where the bikes are are actually the widest parts of the hallway. It just seems so picky to make us throw them all out, especially since the only people ever in the hallway are the people who put the bikes there. We're not putting anyone at risk but ourselves, if we're putting ourselves at risk at all.

In any case, whatever, they're just doing their jobs, that's not what drives me nuts (though it does bug me a bit, especially considering how rampant bike theft is here). What drives me nuts is that one of the two bikes they left (they took roughly ten) is the one that doesn't have a front wheel, which no one is riding obviously, and which is probably the biggest obstruction of them all. That's my other one, and I only haven't gotten rid of it because I honestly don't know how. If they impounded it, I would have been through with it, but they took all the actually useful ones first.

Jerks.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did someone yell "Get the wheels on the bus?"

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New York City. I am so sick of how everything that happens to them is portrayed as life changing and the entire country needs to act like we give a rat's ass what happens to them. They don't have storms, they have THE STORM OF THE CENTURY. An earthquake hits So Central PA - HOW DID IT AFFECT NYC?

That was fucking flurries in 60% of the USA and all of Canada. Man the fuck up, New York.

IndyAndy

I can't reMember
Paddock Stand, Section 23, Row QQ, Seat 4
Hoopla Cash
$ 545.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New York City. I am so sick of how everything that happens to them is portrayed as life changing and the entire country needs to act like we give a rat's ass what happens to them. They don't have storms, they have THE STORM OF THE CENTURY. An earthquake hits So Central PA - HOW DID IT AFFECT NYC?

That was fucking flurries in 60% of the USA and all of Canada. Man the fuck up, New York.

The same goes for Boston weather. - The national news treats them like they're New York 2.0. :rollseyes:

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The same goes for Boston weather. - The national news treats them like they're New York 2.0. :rollseyes:

The only reason I didn't pick on Boston (this time) is because they are actually getting hit. I am just standing by until the pictures of Boston's sports mascots standing next to a snow plow going on about how strong they are are.

And their mommies also tell they are handsome and a real catch.

How's the weather out your way, Andy? You getting any of this blast? Temp was -1 this morning with a -20 wind chill by me.

I hope Al Roker asks someone in NYC how they feel about cold weather being within 500 miles of them.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Waynesburg, PA got nearly ONE INCH of snow. I accept all pity given to me.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you stopped to consider what this means to the people of New York? HAVE YOU?

1) There's lots of fracking in the area
2) The snow likely annoyed the frackers
3) Them being annoyed led to less productivity that day
4) Them being less productive caused a slight dip in natural gas availability
5) DEAR GOD WHAT IF THIS NATURAL GAS WERE BEING SENT TO NEW YORK?

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) There's lots of fracking in the area
2) The snow likely annoyed the frackers
3) Them being annoyed led to less productivity that day
4) Them being less productive caused a slight dip in natural gas availability
5) DEAR GOD WHAT IF THIS NATURAL GAS WERE BEING SENT TO NEW YORK?

And not only that, if the fracking causes an earthquake that rattles a window in Brooklyn, there will be pandemonium in the streets.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And not only that, if the fracking causes an earthquake that rattles a window in Brooklyn, there will be pandemonium in the streets.

(Oh man, don't even get me started on fracking.)

Imagine if it somehow ends up causing a group of hispters to spill their free trade coffee?

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
since we're on to oil and gas ... forgot if I shared this but Chevron wanted to give schools in our area money ... I guess you could say they had some strings attached ... they would put some sticker on their pumps at gas stations to the effect that they were "proudly supporting (name of city here) schools, teachers and students" ... I dont think there was anymore to it ... no signage in schools

the decision to approve this donation was left up to the various municipalities that oversee the various district school boards ... Vancouver flat out declined the donation offer ... the city i live in Burnaby (who are run by a lefter than liberal union type party) surprisingly accepted. They kinda used it to bring the (right side) provincial govt some scrutiny (ie we have to accept these dollars because the provincial govt has gutted funding for public schools)

anyhoo, to get a donation grant (to a maximum of $3000 per class/teacher), all that burnaby teachers have to do is independently apply for it ... and tell Chevron what they would spend the money on for the students

apparently the teachers union has put its foot down and told teachers not to apply ... my son has a great teacher ... she went against her unions directive and applied for it and got the grant and ended up getting microscopes. Shes designed a learning segment for the kids that will see them look at water samples taken from the area

my sons teacher told my wife that some of her teaching colleagues at the school have stopped talking to her :L