• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Name some things that drive you fucking nuts

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Purely a guess here since HVAC repairman is not one of my (oh so many) talents.

However, we had a similar situation with one of our units recently, so it could be at least an educated guess. Inside the main air outlet from the system, not too far away from the heating element, there's an overheating sensor. Essentially, it's there to stop the system if something goes wrong and there's a fire risk because the entire unit is overheating. Anyhow, those sensors go bad occasionally, so it could be that your sensor is shutting off your furnace because it thinks it's overheating when it really isn't.

I don't know how he knew exactly, but the guy we had used some kind of voltage meter or something and was able to tell that it was the sensor.

It seems you are correct sir! This guy could diagnose it with a voltage meter and it was an excess of sooty stuff on the heat sensor.

Now I'm about to argue to get our 70$ back from the first place.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idiot reporters
Background: California is now giving drivers licenses to undocumented residents ( not the issue I am here to discuss)
What upset me at the moment is the reporter talking to the DVM
Reporter, "what do you say to the protesters our tax dollars should be spent on other things?"
DMV " they are mistaken. The money comes from the general fund"
Reporter " why do these people think you are using taxpayer money?"
DMV. " I don't know"
End of story.

I don't know what upsets me more , the DMV spokesperson or the reporter not knowing the the General Fund is taxpayer dollars.
The really sad thing is on Monday people who heard that story will claim that there is no expense at all.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Greatest Guitarists of All Time lists... they really drive me nuts.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idiot reporters
Background: California is now giving drivers licenses to undocumented residents ( not the issue I am here to discuss)
What upset me at the moment is the reporter talking to the DVM
Reporter, "what do you say to the protesters our tax dollars should be spent on other things?"
DMV " they are mistaken. The money comes from the general fund"
Reporter " why do these people think you are using taxpayer money?"
DMV. " I don't know"
End of story.

I don't know what upsets me more , the DMV spokesperson or the reporter not knowing the the General Fund is taxpayer dollars.
The really sad thing is on Monday people who heard that story will claim that there is no expense at all.

Ahahhahahahahahahahahahah

"Why are you using tax dollars for this?"
"Oh, this? No, no, no...this is the magical government money from that stuff we just print out. Hah, we get this all the time. Common misconception, of course."
"Whew! You had me worried I was going to have to try!"

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Greatest Guitarists of All Time lists... they really drive me nuts.

I know... John Mayer #1, what's the point of the rest of the list, right? ;)

Btw, Sly, what's up with the avatar of a hobbit sucking off a ghost? That is a really specific fetish, man.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I made a New Years resolution to get hurt less often this year. Well, four days in, I took a line drive off the inside of my left calf, a little above the ankle, and now it hurts to walk and stuff, and there's a nice big bruise there. It usually takes me longer to break a resolution which actually requires me to work at it...

That bugger had eyes, and it was going to hit me. Since when we pick up, the pitcher is on the offensive team and can't play the ball, I was trying to just jump over it, but it took a kick off the rubber or something and jumped up with me. It was a shot, too.

At least it didn't hurt as much as the one I took off the elbow when I was a baserunner...

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ImgNdBT.jpg

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which screams fake to me.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont blame anyone for not knowing who Paul McCartny is. The guys been dead almost 50 years.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People who are way overly cautious driving in the snow.

When you are going 20-25 mph below the speed limit (150-200 below to you Canadians) and straddling the center line between two lanes with your flashers on and your windshield wipers at full tilt, you are considerably more of a risk to the people around you than that handsome young fella in the Quattro who just blasted past you on the shoulder.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I'm Amazed by the ignorance of some people in the above post by 43...