• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Name some things that drive you fucking nuts

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ha depends on the situation with the intricacy, im in geriatrics.....but love what i do.....

Man, we're the opposites there, haha. I love old people, I really do (worked in many nursing homes as a kid), but that's a big part of why I didn't get into PT/OT. I suppose I like a motivated population. And I love the acute injury far too much. I remember when I did a PT rotation in undergrad, the PTA I was shadowing said something along the lines of "Man, I couldn't do that part...being at practice waiting for injury to happen and that part of it." I was thinking "THAT'S WHY I DO IT!" and that I couldn't do the monotony of the same rehab protocol everyday. Although I certainly do a lot of rehabs at the moment. Banged up squads.

IndyAndy

I can't reMember
Paddock Stand, Section 23, Row QQ, Seat 4
Hoopla Cash
$ 545.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stopped by the local Wal-Mart this morning & was subjected to my 1st dose of Xmas music for the season. Worse yet, it was the Alvin & The Chipmunks Xmas song!

STILL TOO EARLY!!!

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, we're the opposites there, haha. I love old people, I really do (worked in many nursing homes as a kid), but that's a big part of why I didn't get into PT/OT. I suppose I like a motivated population. And I love the acute injury far too much. I remember when I did a PT rotation in undergrad, the PTA I was shadowing said something along the lines of "Man, I couldn't do that part...being at practice waiting for injury to happen and that part of it." I was thinking "THAT'S WHY I DO IT!" and that I couldn't do the monotony of the same rehab protocol everyday. Although I certainly do a lot of rehabs at the moment. Banged up squads.

You'd be suprised, its my oldest patients that are the most motivated, its awesome. But thats whats great about any rehab field, lots of different avenues. I love skilled nursing....and plan to make a career of it.....But sports medicine, outpatient, peds, acute care, the list goes on.....

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those Shutterfly commercials.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanksgiving dinner being moved earlier and earlier each year to accommodate someone's (brothers long time girlfriend) "Black Friday"* shopping. So this year I said my wife and I were not going to have dinner but would come by later for coffee and/or dessert. Logical enough to me, but somehow we will end up looking like jerks.

*its not black Friday if you plan to be at your first store 4:30 Thanksgiving day.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanksgiving dinner being moved earlier and earlier each year to accommodate someone's (brothers long time girlfriend) "Black Friday"* shopping. So this year I said my wife and I were not going to have dinner but would come by later for coffee and/or dessert. Logical enough to me, but somehow we will end up looking like jerks.

*its not black Friday if you plan to be at your first store 4:30 Thanksgiving day.

gonna have to redeem yourself after that jerky display comeds ... you should buy your bros girlfriend a piss jar so she wont have to leave her place in the black friday line

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think that's a more than reasonable solution. But hey - Look at the bright side, at least you don't have to drive 7 hours for the privilege of eating a lunch turkey and then being ignored because of a sale at Wal Mart...

Not that I am bitter.

I would really prefer to not go, but that is certainly not an option. I've tried that one in the past...

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ooooh, are we delving into family-Thanksgiving beefs? *cracks knuckles*

My mom has two sisters, one in Pittsburgh area, one in Indiana. When I was in undergrad in Indiana, my immediate family went to the IN family, since I would be driving home for Christmas a few weeks later. The PIT aunt is as far right as one can be on the political scale, which made holidays just the *best*. Anyway, this year, my IN aunt texted (which is extra shitty) my mom and official invitation to Thanksgiving, with the exclusion of my brother. Cool family, eh? Admittedly my brother has had issues in life, but he has never, ever, ever caused issue among the extended family. He has taken money from my parents and myself, but that is it. My wholesome christian extended family is far too worried about their precious material things (which he'd never take) to have everyone over for a holiday. So, we're staying home, going to Tea Party aunt's instead. I may die. This aunt hosted T-day for a few years when I was in middle/high school, and we often ran out of food...because she'd make one box of stove top for 15 people. Also, our excuse is that I had to work all week...but I don't. So, I have to pretend I'm working.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's quite the Thanksgiving scene, pix. Here's another:

Car Rental Agent: [cheerfully] Welcome to Marathon, may I help you?

Neal: Yes.

Car Rental Agent: How may I help you?

Neal: You can start by wiping that fucking dumb-ass smile off your rosey, fucking, cheeks! And you can give me a fucking automobile: a fucking Datsun, a fucking Toyota, a fucking Mustang, a fucking Buick! Four fucking wheels and a seat!

Car Rental Agent: I really don't care for the way you're speaking to me.

Neal: And I really don't care for the way your company left me in the middle of fucking nowhere with fucking keys to a fucking car that isn't fucking there. And I really didn't care to fucking walk, down a fucking highway, and across a fucking runway to get back here to have you smile in my fucking face. I want a fucking car RIGHT FUCKING NOW!

Car Rental Agent: May I see your rental agreement?

Neal: I threw it away.

Car Rental Agent: Oh boy.

Neal: Oh boy, what?

Car Rental Agent: You're fucked!

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Neal: Yes.

Car Rental Agent: How may I help you?

Neal: You can start by wiping that fucking dumb-ass smile off your rosey, fucking, cheeks! And you can give me a fucking automobile: a fucking Datsun, a fucking Toyota, a fucking Mustang, a fucking Buick! Four fucking wheels and a seat!

Car Rental Agent: I really don't care for the way you're speaking to me.

Neal: And I really don't care for the way your company left me in the middle of fucking nowhere with fucking keys to a fucking car that isn't fucking there. And I really didn't care to fucking walk, down a fucking highway, and across a fucking runway to get back here to have you smile in my fucking face. I want a fucking car RIGHT FUCKING NOW!

Car Rental Agent: May I see your rental agreement?

Neal: I threw it away.

Car Rental Agent: Oh boy.

Neal: Oh boy, what?

Car Rental Agent: You're fucked!

Why did I picture that whole scene as being played by James Kneel?

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Neal: *elbows in head*

Agent: Whhhhyy?

Neal: *two handed slash to hands* Fuck you, that's why.

Why did I picture that whole scene as being played by James Kneel?

Fixed to your specifications.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, looks like a snowstorm will be sweeping through the mountains right around the time I would be passing through tomorrow. So we're driving on Thursday. We should get there right after the early dinner and almost in time to see everyone leave to go shopping.

Why am I doing this again?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, looks like a snowstorm will be sweeping through the mountains right around the time I would be passing through tomorrow. So we're driving on Thursday. We should get there right after the early dinner and almost in time to see everyone leave to go shopping.

Why am I doing this again?

Because you're a caring person who loves his wife and family?

/This post brought to you by Hallmark©

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd just like to add the Coyotes lack of offense since Roenick left drives me absolutly crazy. So many wasted draft picks.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that's a more than reasonable solution. But hey - Look at the bright side, at least you don't have to drive 7 hours for the privilege of eating a lunch turkey and then being ignored because of a sale at Wal Mart...

Not that I am bitter.

I would really prefer to not go, but that is certainly not an option. I've tried that one in the past...

I'd prefer lunch to the middle of the afternoon stuff. It wont be lunch though, that's when they are at her father's brunch. I guess that cannot be messed with. I actually really like this girl, I am just annoyed by this.

So it might be a fun holiday. My mother is OK with is not eating, I bet my brother bust my chops over it. Oh well, might make it interesting.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd just like to add the Coyotes lack of offense since Roenick left drives me absolutly crazy. So many wasted draft picks.

The Coyotes have struggled with the curse of never being bad enough. Picking from #7-#13 won't get you a ton of slam dunk offensive guys. I was curious so I looked at their history.

96- 11, 24 (Daniel Briere 1st, Robert Esche 6th)
97- 43 (no first rounder) (No significant names)
98- 14 (No significant names)
99- 15 (No significant names)
00- 19 (Ramzi Abid 3rd)
01- 11 (Steve Belanger 7th)
02- 19, 23 (Ben Eager 23rd overall)
03- 77 (no first or second)
04- 5 (Blake Wheeler; Daniel Winnik in 9th)
05- 17 (Marty Hanzal 1st, Keith Yandle 4th)
06- 8, 29 (Peter Mueller 8, Chris Summers 29th overall)
07- 3, 30, 32, 36 (Kyle Turris 1st)
08- 8, 28 (Mikkel Boedker 8th overall, Michael Stone 3rd)
09- 6 (Oliver Ekman-Larsson 6th overall)
10- 13, 27 (No significant names)
11- 20 (Connor Murphy 1st)
12- 27 (No significant names yet)
13- 12 (No significant names yet)
14- 12 (No significant names yet)

That's ugly. '07 especially. 4 picks in the first 36 and they got Turris, who they spent a 3rd overall on. Drafting, and draft position, is important. They're not good at either.