• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Name some things that drive you fucking nuts

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I reiterate my airline complaint. Two hours delayed on a 13 hour flight.

As if this day wasn't going to be long enough already.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hypochondriacs. And having to grit your teeth and just bare dealing with them. Then god forbid someone mistakenly ask them what's wrong.

"I hyperextended my kneecap." THAT'S NOT EVEN POSSIBLE. "That's what they told me. I hyperextended the kneecap. It came out."

Kid isn't even playing this year, but still magically my problem.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My 2001 BMW 3 series vehicle has been recalled due to the following:

BMW's air bag supplier informed us that the pasenger frontal air bag system may have been manufactured with propellant that was not produced to specification. As a result, in the event of a crash necessitating deployment of the passenger's frontal air bag, the inflator could rupture with metal fragments striking and potentially injuring the occupants in affected vehicles.

That's not a good way for date night to end.

Last edited by a moderator:

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hypochondriacs. And having to grit your teeth and just bare dealing with them. Then god forbid someone mistakenly ask them what's wrong.

"I hyperextended my kneecap." THAT'S NOT EVEN POSSIBLE. "That's what they told me. I hyperextended the kneecap. It came out."

im interested how you would classify this dude? hypochondriac or idiot? (pre-emptive: IM TALKING ABOUT THE OTHER GUY NOT ME!!!)

when i was in hospital in late Sept a dude came into emerg with his wife and sister complaining of lower abdominal pain ... they gave him a ct scan and found his appendix had burst ... but not that day !!! ... the doctors figured it was about 5 days ago :L I didnt hear how they figured that out but they did :noidea:

they had asked him why he didnt come to emergency earlier and he said it was because he thought he had cancer :ohwell: there was a language barrier and when the doctor was trying to explain to his wife that they had to do surgery to see if there was any infection she kept asking ... "no cancer?"

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My 2001 BWM 3 series vehicle has been recalled due to the following:

BMW's air bag supplier informed us that the pasenger frontal air bag system may have been manufactured with propellant that was not produced to specification. As a result, in the event of a crash necessitating deployment of the passenger's frontal air bag, the inflator could rupture with metal fragments striking and potentially injuring the occupants in affected vehicles.

thats why my dates always come with their own airbags :thumb:

/sorry honey (i know my wife is watching)

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My 2001 BWM 3 series vehicle has been recalled due to the following:

2001? Pretty impressive that they are actually bothering to fix the problem on cars more than five years old.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2001? Pretty impressive that they are actually bothering to fix the problem on cars more than five years old.

Yeah, you gotta hand it to the Germans, I love the car (330XI with a 5 speed stick, love driving it on the island with all the winding roads and switchbacks).

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, you gotta hand it to the Germans, I love the car (330XI with a 5 speed stick, love driving it on the island with all the winding roads and switchbacks).

Ze Germans. Such sticklers.

My 99 Passat had 165,000 miles on it when the turbo went up. The mechanic called VW for a replacement and they called him back asking questions about it, about what specifically broke. They sent someone from a local dealer to inspect it after he explained the issue. They wound up replacing it for free because "It never should have failed in that way".

One hundred and sixty five thousand miles.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im interested how you would classify this dude? hypochondriac or idiot? (pre-emptive: IM TALKING ABOUT THE OTHER GUY NOT ME!!!)

when i was in hospital in late Sept a dude came into emerg with his wife and sister complaining of lower abdominal pain ... they gave him a ct scan and found his appendix had burst ... but not that day !!! ... the doctors figured it was about 5 days ago :L I didnt hear how they figured that out but they did :noidea:

they had asked him why he didnt come to emergency earlier and he said it was because he thought he had cancer :ohwell: there was a language barrier and when the doctor was trying to explain to his wife that they had to do surgery to see if there was any infection she kept asking ... "no cancer?"

She's both in this case. I first met her at preseason physicals and she showed up with a knee brace, a wrist brace, and a strap on her elbow. She also has told me that she has seen multiple doctors because basically she didn't get answers. "Well, I tore my labrum (shoulder) the whole way through and it's frayed at the end." Okay, sure...that's possible, albeit rather unlikely that there's that much of a tear in a young person. "And I tore something in my elbow" Her doctors note said epicondylitis, not a tear...that's chronic thing and your doctor probably just wanted to placate you. "And I have carpal tunnel" Again, okay, but that's not common at all in young people. And our team doctor said you didn't...and you've been wearing that dang wrist brace for months 24/7. So we have: torn labrum, medial epicondylitis, carpal tunnel, and a "hyperextended kneecap". Stage 5 hyperchondriac.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should probably start wearing shoes when I grill. I stepped on a hot coal in my stocking feet, but I had stuff in my hands and thought it was just a briar. I set down all the things in my hands and lifted my foot up to pull the briar out, but it burned my fingers instead of just, you know, being a briar. Then I noticed it had burned a hole clean through my sock. It had actually stuck to my skin.

Now I have a blister, which gave me a little bit of trouble on my hike this morning, as you might expect.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Water heater is not working. Called the gas company to check it out. They gave me an appointment time for today. The time window is between 7am and 8 pm. Really, 13 hours. And they don't call if you only have cell phones. Only land lines.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
sports days like today. got everything done yesterday, was going to be a couch potato all day.

first up: CFL playoffs.
BC Lions cross over to the much weaker east division (bug v windshield).
proceed to get curbstomped and bent over 50-17 (was 50-3 before Mtl went into celebration mode).
last thee games, Lions were outscored 120-36. way to gear up for when it counts, fellas. :L

next: some NFL action.
Seahawks get a good test on the road against KC
Down by 4 with about 6 to go, 4th and goal on the one yard line to take the lead - a timing pass to the corner of the endzone. How much shit can go wrong between snap and completion? a lot. enough. incomplete.
they get the ball back in decent position, have a 4th and about a foot to continue the drive with about 3 minutes left. shotgun snap, and now they need 4 yards plus the foot. wft??? put in a fat guy at QB and fall forward. give the ball to Lynch maybe close to the line of scrimmage. do the option play that ALWAYS works. but no, make it 4 yards up the gut :L

ahh, some PGA nice and serene.
In my golf pool I have the guy with the 54 hole outright lead - just bring it home. nice and calm.
nope, +4 through the front nine :L

just glad the canucks aren't playing tonight.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sports days like today. got everything done yesterday, was going to be a couch potato all day.

first up: CFL playoffs.
BC Lions cross over to the much weaker east division (bug v windshield).
proceed to get curbstomped and bent over 50-17 (was 50-3 before Mtl went into celebration mode).
last thee games, Lions were outscored 120-36. way to gear up for when it counts, fellas. :L

next: some NFL action.
Seahawks get a good test on the road against KC
Down by 4 with about 6 to go, 4th and goal on the one yard line to take the lead - a timing pass to the corner of the endzone. How much shit can go wrong between snap and completion? a lot. enough. incomplete.
they get the ball back in decent position, have a 4th and about a foot to continue the drive with about 3 minutes left. shotgun snap, and now they need 4 yards plus the foot. wft??? put in a fat guy at QB and fall forward. give the ball to Lynch maybe close to the line of scrimmage. do the option play that ALWAYS works. but no, make it 4 yards up the gut :L

ahh, some PGA nice and serene.
In my golf pool I have the guy with the 54 hole outright lead - just bring it home. nice and calm.
nope, +4 through the front nine :L

just glad the canucks aren't playing tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

umm you def can hyperextend a knee

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dislocated my shoulderblade, so, yeah.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Also, when someone posts a shitty song that gets stuck in your head without even clicking on the shitty song
And you only know one line of the shitty song, so that's all that is in your head.

That drives me nuts

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, when someone posts a shitty song that gets stuck in your head without even clicking on the shitty song
And you only know one line of the shitty song, so that's all that is in your head.

That drives me nuts

I always thought going nuts would be kinda fun. ;)